Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Hardest Decision Ever - Need Your Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 10:43 PM
carson2
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 86 Posts

1. Gentian blue (but with silver trim around the windows). 2. Tie chaulk or GT silver (skip Dolemite, GT is a better color with a good story/Porsche history).
Old 11-05-2019, 12:04 AM
Aventurine 992
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 25 Posts

Night blue or chalk are both nice colors but the “matte look” will be outdated soon. Night blue is a timeless color and less popular so “more exclusive”. Forget the Bordeaux for sure. My business partner and I have each one a BMW with red leather and after 4 years will go for an other color for sure.... And, eliminate the black wheels. Too common on too many kind of cars. Outdated from 2020....
Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 AM
MarineDrive
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Aventurine 992
Night blue or chalk are both nice colors but the “matte look” will be outdated soon. Night blue is a timeless color and less popular so “more exclusive”. Forget the Bordeaux for sure. My business partner and I have each one a BMW with red leather and after 4 years will go for an other color for sure.... And, eliminate the black wheels. Too common on too many kind of cars. Outdated from 2020....
The Matte look has been around since the early 2000s , probably even earlier. Don’t see it going out of style anytime soon, probably because there will always be a “new” matte shade every year.

As for the OP, from his three choices, I would say Chalk with Red seats. Or my choices would be Agate Grey with Red, or Agate with Black seats (my build).
Old 11-05-2019, 05:17 AM
Sixisenuff
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

P1:

I don't know how this ranks in your priorities, but Night Blue is just about like black to keep clean...and it will show swirl marks. Silver is probably the easiest color to own. Chalk, is about like white, so not so bad. With black wheels, it might even look good dirty.

So...If you live in CA and you're going to keep it in a nice indoor space, wash by hand and kiss it goodnight, this is of no concern. If you're going to treat it like a real car and drive the wheels off it, which I heartily suggest, get a light metallic...or possibly Chalk. These make wonderful every-day transportation. It's one thing that makes Porsche such a great car. They are built to be driven daily.

I like the red interior a lot with the Chalk.

Enjoy!!!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:58 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

As mentioned, very subjective.

Of all the cars I've seen (and I have probably seen 50 and all of different colours) my ranking would be:

Chalk / Crayon in international markets.
Aventurine Green
Carrara White
Carmine Red
Yellow

The silvers are ok (but if you must, rather go for GT) and the Aventurine looked MUCH better in the flesh than I expected.

For the record, I bought Carrara White (day after launch order)... and my original wanted colour was Gentian Blue until I saw it in the flesh and the way it shows up every smudge/fingerprint/swirls.

I definitely would not go for a red interior - but that is just me... black/chalk sportex is the best interior combo I've seen on a Chalk car.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:23 AM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 824 Likes on 457 Posts

reading this thread has totally validated my interior / exterior color choice.... I just hope that every other 992 I see on the road isn't a Chalk / Burgundy combo!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:00 AM
MacAna
Racer

Originally Posted by 992Sam
look at the build code in my signature and you'll know my answer ... you and I have similar taste except I'm a bit more crazy with the seatbelts

This too is my dream car, and first time buying a NEW 911... I've owned used Porsches in the past... but the investment wasn't anywhere near the amount.
Wow... that's a lot of options, I'm sure you're close to the eventual GT3 / Turbo price range...
Enjoy it, YOLO.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:37 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Gentian and red and call it a day...
Old 11-06-2019, 10:24 AM
MarineDrive
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Gentian and red and call it a day...
Blue over Red?!!? That’s a Mickey Mouse combo mate!
Old 11-06-2019, 12:44 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 824 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by MacAna
Wow... that's a lot of options, I'm sure you're close to the eventual GT3 / Turbo price range...
Enjoy it, YOLO.
problem is, when you option out a Turbo to that level, now you're in Ferrari range... the dealer had a nice semi-loaded Turbo 2019 model sticker was $229K and didn't have all of that (but did have most of it). And The GT3 is simply to raw a sports car for my needs or wants.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:33 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 735 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by MarineDrive
Blue over Red?!!? That’s a Mickey Mouse combo mate!
It looked great at the reveal in Atlanta...............either way the gentian blue is the way to go with the stock colors if you like blue...........red interiors look right with the right exterior, i.e. silver, black and some blues)
Old 11-06-2019, 05:47 PM
sik_sd
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 for Chalk
Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 AM
P1ntxo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredible feedback, everyone! I can't thank you enough for your thoughts. After much internal debate, I've decided to go with... CHALK!

Now for Round 2. Of the interior options below, which do you think would better compliment the Chalk? And better yet, which would you actually buy?

Black/Bordeaux Red

Black/Chalk Stitching w/ Sport-Tex Seats

Old 11-07-2019, 09:34 AM
MacAna
Racer

Sport Tex for me... I don't have the appetite for such a wild interior.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,098 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Oh Jeez, I hope that there's not a round 3.
Just spec the car the way that YOU actually want it.
If you're looking for someone else to make those decisions, you can just walk onto a dealer lot and buy from inventory. A build is a personal thing and a matter of personal preference. Make the car your own, ie. not the product of a RennList thread and public polling.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (11-07-2019)

Quick Reply: The Hardest Decision Ever - Need Your Help!