Child Seat for 911

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 02:18 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackfield
Hi Stout,
I read your reviews in the past but I think I have never read your review on a carseat!

Can you tell us which Maxi Cosi model you have and your opinion on the car seat?
Ha. Unfortunately, I won't fit into the thing so I can't provide a proper review of the Maxi Cosi RodiFix Booster seat, but as a dad, I'll say that:
  • The typical user had a great experience and noted it was quite comfortable.
  • The RodiFix located the seatbelt properly
  • I loved the extend/grab metal anchors; well designed, pretty easy to use, and very solid connection
  • The base fit into the 991 seat well perfectly
  • The whole seat could be stowed in an empty 991 frunk and still allowed a fair bit of stuff to be piled on top of it during errands—raising the frunk floor in the process to address the only downside of the 991's big front trunk I can think of (while of course reducing space); I could still do grocery runs even with the RodiFix in the front trunk
  • Allowed for two parents and a tall 5-7yo to make 2-4 hour trips in total comfort
  • I recall zero issues with quality; maybe not quite as nice as the Recaro that preceded it, but not so far off, either; black cloth with touches of red for the belt locators looked good in the car, too
EDIT Looks like this seat is moving has moved on, to another 991. Which makes me happy. I grew up in a '63 Ghia and a '64 VW Bus, and have sometimes wondered if a rear-engined car affects one's long-term thinking about how you move through the world. Whether or not it does, it sure makes for memories that differ from the usual. Perhaps more importantly, a flat four or flat six just behind a little one is an excellent sleep-inducer...

Last edited by stout; 02-15-2021 at 11:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blackfield (01-03-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 03:49 PM
ko2302
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello,

I have a 3 year old and was about to buy the Peg Perego Viaggio Flex for the rear seat before I saw the sticker on the passenger side saying “use porsche seats”. What does everyone think about this?

Quick Reply: Child Seat for 911