Sponsored by:

Child Seat for 911

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 04:21 PM
PacoST
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
That protector is nice when comes to liquid spills or bread crumbs ,but to protect the seat from marks that are left from a child seat is to thin. I have now a protector like that and a britax romer multitech 3 child seat ,the marks on the seat are clearly visible after 1 year even with that. I found sponge like 10 cm thick , guess i will use that + protector. Will post pics when i get it done.
The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (12-02-2019)
Old 09-07-2020, 01:14 AM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by PacoST
That protector is nice when comes to liquid spills or bread crumbs ,but to protect the seat from marks that are left from a child seat is to thin. I have now a protector like that and a britax romer multitech 3 child seat ,the marks on the seat are clearly visible after 1 year even with that. I found sponge like 10 cm thick , guess i will use that + protector. Will post pics when i get it done.
This thread is old, but not so old that this info won't be useful. I came across a child seat company that makes a product for this purpose https://clekinc.com/products/accessories/mat-thingy/
nimprojects (09-11-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 07:32 AM
Tanqueray86
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by marlinspike
This thread is old, but not so old that this info won't be useful. I came across a child seat company that makes a product for this purpose https://clekinc.com/products/accessories/mat-thingy/
You should be careful with those thick rubber materials as there have been reports of the rubber sticking to the leather of the seats and when removing the mat, it damaging the leather, in warmer climates. I don't know about this particular brand but I've read complaints from multiple reviews on amazon of the similar products. I am also looking for a booster seat and a seat protector for my 4 yr old.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:56 AM
bstrong
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned these: https://wayb.com

I have 2 young kids and plan on using these when I get my 992 C2S in November. I emailed Wayb customer service and the dimensions are perfect. They even said some Porsche dealers have them in the showroom 911s.
nimprojects (09-11-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Tanqueray86
Banned

Originally Posted by bstrong

I have 2 young kids and plan on using these when I get my 992 C2S in November. I emailed Wayb customer service and the dimensions are perfect. They even said some Porsche dealers have them in the showroom 911s.
I would have to see it in person but that looks extremely flimsy and no side impact protection whatsoever. As far as I know, 911s don't have side airbags in the rear, I would be scared to put my son in that. As the manufacturer is marketing this as "travel" car seat, I would only use something like that if we're flying. I do agree with you on how small it is and how it would fit nicely in 911 rear seats, but this one certainly lacks the side protections compared to the other ones that we have seen, at least in this thread.
westcoastj (01-01-2021)
Old 09-08-2020, 11:51 AM
bstrong
Track Day

Yeah all good points and you got me re-thinking. My older son will be in a booster soon, so I guess this wouldn’t be any different than once he’s just sitting in the rear seat?

It has all the safety approvals for car travel, so I wonder what those tests are when it comes to side impacts. I would hope they’d be pretty strict. https://wayb.com/pages/safety-standards

I guess there is no perfect car seat for the back of a 911
Old 09-08-2020, 12:57 PM
992gtsilver
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 14 Posts

if your going booster. try this one.

it was recommended by another member who uses it in his 992.

Amazon Amazon
Tanqueray86 (09-08-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 11:19 PM
Tanqueray86
Banned

Originally Posted by 992gtsilver
if your going booster. try this one.

it was recommended by another member who uses it in his 992.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I was actually looking at that one also. I wanted to measure the size of the rear seat before pulling the trigger on this but since there's already a 911 owner with the seat, I'm sold!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:26 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 178 Likes on 107 Posts

I use Porcshe's own branded Junior Seat (I guess it's a Britax) for a soon-to-be two-year-old, and I think it works really well. We did a relatively long road trip back and forth throughout Germany in July with the Jr. Seat at the backseat behind the passenger (my wife) and we were all able to fit relatively comfortably in the car (a big plus for being able to fit enough luggage too). Thus, I'd be inclined to recommend it!
Old 11-11-2020, 05:05 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

I plan to submit my order sometime next month.
One must have for me though is to make sure that my son (44 pounds guy who loves car- he will be 5 next year) can sit comfortably in the backseat of the passenger (wife: 5'3" height).

I went through the 911 child seat thread , it appears the recommendations there are:
* for five point harness -
Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max
or
Graco Slim Fit Graco Slim Fit

* for booster -
Peg Perego Viaggio Flex Peg Perego Viaggio Flex
or
Maxi-Cosi Rodifix Maxi-Cosi Rodifix

I am debating whether we should use booster vs. five point harness.
What were your considerations in choosing five point harness vs. booster seat?

Also, if you have other (newer) recommendations for car seat for 992, please add them here.

Last edited by Blackfield; 11-11-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:32 PM
bstrong
Track Day

Originally Posted by Blackfield
Hello,

I plan to submit my order sometime next month.
One must have for me though is to make sure that my son (44 pounds guy who loves car- he will be 5 next year) can sit comfortably in the backseat of the passenger (wife: 5'3" height).

I went through the 911 child seat thread , it appears the recommendations there are:
* for five point harness -
Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max Maxi Cosi Pria 85 Max
or
Graco Slim Fit Graco Slim Fit

* for booster -
Peg Perego Viaggio Flex Peg Perego Viaggio Flex
or
Maxi-Cosi Rodifix Maxi-Cosi Rodifix

I am debating whether we should use booster vs. five point harness.
What were your considerations in choosing five point harness vs. booster seat?

Also, if you have other (newer) recommendations for car seat for 992, please add them here.
I’d look at the safety recommendations for the weight of your son, but one thing I’d strongly consider is how likely they are to try and squirm out of a booster with the normal shoulder belt.

The NHTSA recommendation is:
Keep your child in a forward-facing car seat with a harness and tether until he or she reaches the top height or weight limit allowed by your car seat’s manufacturer. Once your child outgrows the forward-facing car seat with a harness, it’s time to travel in a booster seat, but still in the back seat.
I still think the WAYB Pico is a viable option. https://wayb.com/products/pico-travel-car-seat

It meets all safety regulations for car and air travel just like the ones you linked and from what I’ve seen it’s the best fitting seat for the back of a 911. Some have talked about the lack side-impact protection which I can’t argue with, but once my kids are in boosters or big enough to sit in the back without anything... I’m going to be in the same situation.

I’ve seen pictures of car seats stuffed into the back seat of a 911 and it makes me wonder if there are diminishing safety returns when a car seat doesn’t fit properly.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:23 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by bstrong

we have one of these we use for travel. It has essentially zero impact protection. It is pretty solid and I think would hold together well if there was ever an accident. However we use it only occasionally for travel or very short rides.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:27 AM
bstrong
Track Day

Originally Posted by rouxeny
we have one of these we use for travel. It has essentially zero impact protection. It is pretty solid and I think would hold together well if there was ever an accident. However we use it only occasionally for travel or very short rides.
People say this and I don’t disagree, but I’m genuinely trying to understand how they have gotten all of the necessary safety certifications to be sold as a car seat.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:38 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 613 Posts

Hoping to end 2020 on a high note, I've got a free Maxi Cosi in black from my 991 to the first Bay Area 991 or 992 driver who can pick it up and promises to put it to good use. This dad certainly did.

It's in storage now, but it's pretty mint IIRC. (It was in my 991 for about 10,000 miles—and more often stowed in the front trunk than the back seat.) Will also throw in a seat protector/shoe keeper in black to protect those back seats.

Only caveat: You have to show up in the 911 you'll use it in.

Last edited by stout; 12-31-2020 at 07:39 PM.
NoTCs4me (02-15-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 10:52 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Hoping to end 2020 on a high note, I've got a free Maxi Cosi in black from my 991 to the first Bay Area 991 or 992 driver who can pick it up and promises to put it to good use. This dad certainly did.

It's in storage now, but it's pretty mint IIRC. (It was in my 991 for about 10,000 miles—and more often stowed in the front trunk than the back seat.) Will also throw in a seat protector/shoe keeper in black to protect those back seats.

Only caveat: You have to show up in the 911 you'll use it in.
Hi Stout,
I read your reviews in the past but I think I have never read your review on a carseat!

Can you tell us which Maxi Cosi model you have and your opinion on the car seat?

Quick Reply: Child Seat for 911