Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra / PPF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 06:28 PM
LloydStC
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

As I have been researching local shops for full frontal PPF installation on a 991.2 C2S, the installers are split on whether they use pre cut patterns (extended if required) or hand cut the film. No local shops remove any parts except for hood badge. The shops all claim about 95% tucked edges. Patterns are XPEL and Suntek.

This is my first PPF installation.

Is this normal or should I look elsewhere?
Old 11-18-2019, 07:22 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LloydStC
As I have been researching local shops for full frontal PPF installation on a 991.2 C2S, the installers are split on whether they use pre cut patterns (extended if required) or hand cut the film. No local shops remove any parts except for hood badge. The shops all claim about 95% tucked edges. Patterns are XPEL and Suntek.

This is my first PPF installation.

Is this normal or should I look elsewhere?
I advise you go look at their work in person and do your own research on reviews by their customers. Find the right person and go with their advice after consulting them. This is better than finding an installation style (custom VS pre-cut or a mix of the two) and attempting to make an installer qualified based upon that style. A good installer will make you happy regardless of the nuances and they'll be able to walk you through understanding the benefits of going with different styles of installation. An installation style does not, in and of itself, guarantee that it's good. I've seen atrocious "full custom" wraps and I've seen equally awful "pre-cut" wraps. A craftsperson can make either look really nice.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra / PPF?