Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Standard Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 01:46 AM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 191 Posts

If any of you do end up with the base stereo (it hasn’t gotten good reviews in other stereo threads), you might be comforted to know that Musicar is developing a system of upgrades similar to the one they just debuted for the Bose stereo.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:20 AM
tomtomtomtom
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by henryeng
Does the "standard" audio system include AM radio? FYI, the Bose system does NOT have AM!
No AM...if you want it, just use CarPlay "I Heart radio" app
Old 02-04-2023, 11:24 AM
vladie22
Instructor

Received 232 Likes on 42 Posts

What's AM?..... just kidding.
Old 02-04-2023, 12:14 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Nein Eleven
If any of you do end up with the base stereo (it hasn’t gotten good reviews in other stereo threads), you might be comforted to know that Musicar is developing a system of upgrades similar to the one they just debuted for the Bose stereo.
If you are thinking of going that route...may as well spring for the Burmester. After spending money to get the upgraded amplifiers and swapping out all the speakers you will spend more than the Burmester.
Old 02-04-2023, 12:32 PM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by MrInternational
Currently kicking myself for not double and triple checking my order as the premium package for 2023 doesn't include the Bose sound system. I maybe locked into the standard audio system. Fingers crossed it's not to late in the game to change it. Vehicle is not in production yet but is scheduled. Anyone have luck with a last minute change such as this?
Are you not in the US? It looks like it is part of Premium Package in the US in the configurator
  • Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
  • BOSE® Surround Sound System
  • Surround View
  • Lane Change Assist (LCA)
  • Ventilated Seats (Front)
  • Power Folding Mirrors incl. Courtesy Lighting
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Storage Package
Old 02-04-2023, 06:58 PM
MrInternational
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoke with the dealer and they said they are taking it off all premium packages for 2023 and my only options are base or Burmeister. From what I have read, it was only affecting the base models?
Old 02-04-2023, 06:59 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray K.
Are you not in the US? It looks like it is part of Premium Package in the US in the configurator
  • Surround View
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Storage Package
It wasn't a part of the Premium package on certain trim levels over the last 2 or 3 months. I think Porsche recently re-added it in there or put it as a stand alone option. I could be wrong though, but I do know there was an entire mess with the Bose availability.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:00 PM
MrInternational
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray K.
  • Surround View
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Storage Package
I am here in Chicago but from what I have read maybe something to do with a chip shortage? All I know is when I reached out to the dealership they said "Bose has been removed from all orders for all of 2023 and can't be added." Not sure if this is because I ordered a base model?
Old 02-04-2023, 07:02 PM
MrInternational
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHX
It wasn't a part of the Premium package on certain trim levels over the last 2 or 3 months. I think Porsche recently re-added it in there or put it as a stand alone option. I could be wrong though, but I do know there was an entire mess with the Bose availability.
I have a feeling I was caught up in this, hence it was taken off my order. But when I checked yesterday on the online config, it was allowed as a separate add on.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

I forgot it wasn’t available on base models. I was planning to get it if my C2S allocation ever happened. I wouldn’t be too angry to save $1600 if it isn’t an option.

Last edited by Ray K.; 02-04-2023 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2023, 01:57 AM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 372 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
If you are thinking of going that route...may as well spring for the Burmester. After spending money to get the upgraded amplifiers and swapping out all the speakers you will spend more than the Burmester.
You would spend more money, but you would also have a better stereo.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:16 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
Bose is still not in the premium package on base models, however, it was made available under audio when the new config went live as a standalone option for $1600 US. I can confirm that ticking this box works as my build freeze date was met a week ago and there was no kick back from Porsche regarding keeping the $1600 Bose option in.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:51 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Kind of glad I found this thread. I have been messing around with the configurator and trying to stick within a budget. I am going back and forth on base vs Bose. With my budget I am only going to pick two of these three options...sports Chrono, Sport Exhaust, or Bose. I do like listening to music in my current car when I am not with my wife. Have a bunch of songs on my phone, but I am really liking the idea of having both the two performance options as well. Is the Bose stereo good enough to drop either sports chrono or sports exhaust?
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 10:58 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Received 2,570 Likes on 870 Posts

Originally Posted by pkalhan
Kind of glad I found this thread. I have been messing around with the configurator and trying to stick within a budget. I am going back and forth on base vs Bose. With my budget I am only going to pick two of these three options...sports Chrono, Sport Exhaust, or Bose. I do like listening to music in my current car when I am not with my wife. Have a bunch of songs on my phone, but I am really liking the idea of having both the two performance options as well. Is the Bose stereo good enough to drop either sports chrono or sports exhaust?
Please Please Please trust me when I say you will regret passing up the Sport Chrono way more than you will regret giving up the Bose... I personally feel the same way about the sports exhaust as well (I know others are take it or leave it on sport exhaust).... My current 992 has all 3 options... and of the 3, I would be willing to give Bose up WAYYY before I were to give up either chrono or exhaust... The Sport chrono really changes the dynamics of the car... You get Sport + mode, you get Launch Control, you get the stop watch, a few other nice features in the PCM (Lap timer + Track app)... Sport exhaust gives you the cool Exhaust button on the toggle switch and a much better sound when on... Bose I honestly hardly use the stereo at full blast and cant recommend the other two options enough.
My new 992T is coming with base audio, Sport exaust and chrono are both standard on it... Instead of Burmester I opted for the other performance options like rear steer and CF roof etc...

If you were to say you were a total audiophile and you couldnt live without perfect sound... well that would be a different conversation, but I can tell you prefer the performance bits
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
Macboy (02-06-2023), pkalhan (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 11:01 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by toph4242
Please Please Please trust me when I say you will regret passing up the Sport Chrono way more than you will regret giving up the Bose... I personally feel the same way about the sports exhaust as well (I know others are take it or leave it on sport exhaust).... My current 992 has all 3 options... and of the 3, I would be willing to give Bose up WAYYY before I were to give up either chrono or exhaust... The Sport chrono really changes the dynamics of the car... You get Sport + mode, you get Launch Control, you get the stop watch, a few other nice features in the PCM (Lap timer + Track app)... Sport exhaust gives you the cool Exhaust button on the toggle switch and a much better sound when on... Bose I honestly hardly use the stereo at full blast and cant recommend the other two options enough.
My new 992T is coming with base audio, Sport exaust and chrono are both standard on it... Instead of Burmester I opted for the other performance options like rear steer and CF roof etc...

If you were to say you were a total audiophile and you couldnt live without perfect sound... well that would be a different conversation, but I can tell you prefer the performance bits
Boom! This is what I was looking for...thanks!!
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-05-2023)

Quick Reply: Standard Stereo?