Sponsored by:

Door Handle Lag With Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 12:29 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Door Handle Lag With Comfort Access

So I have had my car for about a week now and I absolutely love it. My only real issue with it thus far is the door handles. I have the comfort access and have found that sometimes the handles pop out instantly when I put my hand under the handle, however, most times it takes one to three tries before they pop out. Sometimes I just take the key out and unlock the door as it is kind of embarassing to stand there and wait and fiddle with the doors before they work.

Hopefully this can be fixed with some kind of software update but I am curious if others have this experience and whether anyone has found any better way to position your hands or whatever to make it work better.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:52 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,026 Likes on 479 Posts

This was present on the one I drove too lol. Going to be interesting when it comes to the winter with gloves...
Old 10-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Ondines911
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche07
So I have had my car for about a week now and I absolutely love it. My only real issue with it thus far is the door handles. I have the comfort access and have found that sometimes the handles pop out instantly when I put my hand under the handle, however, most times it takes one to three tries before they pop out. Sometimes I just take the key out and unlock the door as it is kind of embarassing to stand there and wait and fiddle with the doors before they work.

Hopefully this can be fixed with some kind of software update but I am curious if others have this experience and whether anyone has found any better way to position your hands or whatever to make it work better.
It’s seems like a lot of people are havinng this issue. I have not found a solution. For me sometimes it doesn’t work at all no matter how many times or how you touch it.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:55 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ondines911
It’s seems like a lot of people are havinng this issue. I have not found a solution. For me sometimes it doesn’t work at all no matter how many times or how you touch it.
It just amazes me that Porsche could release something like this without having it work properly. I assume they had to have experienced this issue but just said "**** it" and release it anyways.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:56 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Originally Posted by sechsgang
This was present on the one I drove too lol. Going to be interesting when it comes to the winter with gloves...
**** never thought of that. I wonder if its just a proximity sensor and would "work" even with gloves on.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:03 PM
Ondines911
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche07
It just amazes me that Porsche could release something like this without having it work properly. I assume they had to have experienced this issue but just said "**** it" and release it anyways.
I agree, it would seem that with the number of people experiencing this it would be impossible for Porsche to have been unaware before the launch. It’s not a trivial issue either as it affects access to the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
TurboS_GG (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 02:28 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

This is such an unforced error. Of all the things to tinker with - a door handle. . I thought science had figured those out by now. Why do something simply and efficiently, when you can do it with far greater complexity and multiple points of failure?
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
aggie57 (10-15-2019), TurboS_GG (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

I kind of like the finicky nature. It's character. A flaw that makes the car feel special.
It is a hint of what Italian car ownership is like that makes us appreciate everything else that Porsche does well. LOL

Kidding and fun aside, the issues are so widespread that I suspect we'll be seeing either a software update or recall to address it at some point.
For now, we'll just have to enjoy this Ferrari-like "quirk". At least, unlike those cars, we're not being locked INSIDE the car.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:23 PM
Golfster
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

I haven't had the problem. What I've experienced from my other car with CA is that having the key fob in pocket with a cell phone or other electronics seems to minimize the range. Also, if you carry extra folded bills in your pocket, and the fob is behind them, it also minimizes range. Otherwise, it works fine.
NigelPlays (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Golfster
I haven't had the problem. What I've experienced from my other car with CA is that having the key fob in pocket with a cell phone or other electronics seems to minimize the range. Also, if you carry extra folded bills in your pocket, and the fob is behind them, it also minimizes range. Otherwise, it works fine.
I heard it works only if the bills have Benjamin on them.
G650 (10-16-2019)

Quick Reply: Door Handle Lag With Comfort Access