Sponsored by:

992 Bose vs Burmester

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 02:21 PM
The911er
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 992 Bose vs Burmester

Just returned from my local dealership to make final decisions on options...I was able to compare Bose & Burmester.

I connected my iPhone and played the same song using Spotify. I found the Burmester noticeably clearer in the mids and highs, but the Bass sounded under powered compared to the Bose. (Yes, I adjusted both to similar tone and Bass settings)

I was hoping the Burmester would blow me away enough to convince me to reach further in my pocket, but based on todays comparison I'm sticking with the Bose. Has anyone else been able to make a comparison?
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 05:52 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The911er
Just returned from my local dealership to make final decisions on options...I was able to compare Bose & Burmester.

I connected my iPhone and played the same song using Spotify. I found the Burmester noticeably clearer in the mids and highs, but the Bass sounded under powered compared to the Bose. (Yes, I adjusted both to similar tone and Bass settings)

I was hoping the Burmester would blow me away enough to convince me to reach further in my pocket, but based on todays comparison I'm sticking with the Bose. Has anyone else been able to make a comparison?

Your lucky you had the option to test them out. I got stuck and think the burmester was the worst choice.

What I could of got instead of Burmester. Bose, Rear Steering, Full Leather or sunroof. Ugh
Old 10-15-2019, 07:12 PM
TMA
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

My experience testing them back to back was a noticeably crisper and much higher quality sound from the Burmester (including a much better base) so I specced it. I suggest you play with the different equalizer configurations on the app you're using. Also were you using Bluetooth or a hard-wire? Wire makes a huge difference in sound quality. Either way don't beat yourself up about it...
NigelPlays (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 08:39 PM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 243 Posts

I think the systems need to be compared with high quality source material on USB stick. Streaming Spotify wirelessly is not the best source material. I haven’t heard it yet, but higher quality mid and high frequencies is what I expect. I have Bowers and Wilkins in 540i, and I’m happy with it, but I think Audi Bang and Olufsen in the higher end cars (A6 and above) was better. I have heard good things about Burmester in Mercedes.
NigelPlays (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 09:28 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rhr992c4s
I think the systems need to be compared with high quality source material on USB stick. Streaming Spotify wirelessly is not the best source material. I haven’t heard it yet, but higher quality mid and high frequencies is what I expect. I have Bowers and Wilkins in 540i, and I’m happy with it, but I think Audi Bang and Olufsen in the higher end cars (A6 and above) was better. I have heard good things about Burmester in Mercedes.
I love my bowers at home and my bro has Burmester in his E400. He likes it. But there is a higher option Burmester 3D that he wants next. GT 4 door Amg.

Quick Reply: 992 Bose vs Burmester