Old 10-14-2019, 12:23 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Location: 21620 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 190, Sterling VA 20166
Received 165 Likes on 57 Posts
Default 992 front end Paint protection film overview with STEK DynoShield

We have had quite a few questions regarding what to expect in a full front end PPF job from us. This is a walkaround overview of a recently completed 992 911 Carrera S we did. feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer everyone.

Level 1 (Front end) PPF

STEK DynoShield Film: We chose STEK films for their superior optical clarity compared to other films on the market. Same 8mm thickness as the other everything else with a permanent hydrophobic self healing top coat. we don't use plotted kits. we bulk everything as we want the least amount of edges as possible.

We removed the headlights and corner lights for our level 1 installations. Level 3 (whole car) sees the front and rear bumper plastic trims removed as well.

10yr warranty on the film, Lifetime on the install

Enjoy!
GlasWerksDMV on Instagram
21620 Ridgetop circle, suite 190, Sterling VA 20166
001-571-370-8500
Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST
Old 10-14-2019, 12:36 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 494 Posts

Looks nice. Cost?
The following users liked this post:
GlasWerksDMV (10-14-2019)
Old 10-14-2019, 12:47 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 556 Likes on 420 Posts

Old 10-14-2019, 12:57 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 172 Posts

Nice Job GW Team!
I can personally vouch for these guys. I had them wrap my entire 991.1TT and what was most impressive was how neatly tucked the edges were - the PPF was essentially a custom tailored suit for the car. Got my wheels/calipers/RS side skirts ceramic coated as well which made it a breeze to clean. My foam cannon is almost useless because the suds just fall off the hydrophobic coating. Hell, the numbers on my car had to be re-taped multiple times at the last few PCA events. These guys are professional and experienced.

If anyone is on the fence or considering them, PM me and I'm happy so share more details.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:16 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kayjh
Looks nice. Cost?
We charge $2200 for a level 1 front end
$3800 for level 2 Drivers package, adds leading edge of the roof, under door/1/2 quarter panel pieces, inner door boundaries and Film on leading edge of rear bumper to wheel housing area
8K for entire car (GT cars are slightly more)
Old 10-15-2019, 11:51 AM
freqflyer
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

So I have to ask, is it worth ceramic coating over the STEK PPF if it has superior hydrophobic properties?
Old 10-15-2019, 12:23 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by freqflyer
So I have to ask, is it worth ceramic coating over the STEK PPF if it has superior hydrophobic properties?
Not only is it not worth it but it won't even stick to the film. We have tried various different manufactures of coatings for this as we still have some clients that want as much protection as they can get. Our testing has concluded there is no coating on the market that won't just bead up and run off STEK DynoShield. Now eventually if the top coat ever actually wears off we will coat it but at this point im convinced the top coat will last as long as the film will. We have to aggressively polish the film in areas that will see Vinyl stickers just to get the vinyl to adhere, even then it doesn't stay as long as it would directly to paint.

Last edited by GlasWerksDMV; 10-15-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:48 PM
freqflyer
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GlasWerksDMV
Not only is it not worth it but it won't even stick to the film. We have tried various different manufactures of coatings for this as we still have some clients that want as much protection as they can get. Our testing has concluded there is no coating on the market that won't just bead up and run off STEK DynoShield. If an installer tells you otherwise they are either A.Stupid B.taking your money when they know it wont work. Now eventually if the top coat ever actually wears off we will coat it but at this point im convinced the top coat will last as long as the film will. We have to aggressively polish the film in areas that will see Vinyl stickers just to get the vinyl to adhere, even then it doesn't stay as long as it would directly to paint.
Wow that is freaking impressive. Is the STEK film itself more expensive than top shelf films from Xpel or Suntek? If not, or even with a premium one comes out ahead using STEK.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:49 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by freqflyer
Wow that is freaking impressive. Is the STEK film itself more expensive than top shelf films from Xpel or Suntek? If not, or even with a premium one comes out ahead using STEK.
The actual film falls in line pricing wise with other top tear films from other manufactures. because of the install level when working with it I would expect (and i know we charge) a little more for installation of it. I have it on my personal car, we have it on the shop GT4 and shop 488 Pista as well.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:26 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 333 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GlasWerksDMV
Not only is it not worth it but it won't even stick to the film. We have tried various different manufactures of coatings for this as we still have some clients that want as much protection as they can get. Our testing has concluded there is no coating on the market that won't just bead up and run off STEK DynoShield. Now eventually if the top coat ever actually wears off we will coat it but at this point im convinced the top coat will last as long as the film will. We have to aggressively polish the film in areas that will see Vinyl stickers just to get the vinyl to adhere, even then it doesn't stay as long as it would directly to paint.
Learned that lesson the hard way as I bought some vinyl numbers that I stuck on the night before. On the way to Summit Point Motorsports Park, the numbers flew off the car! Need to get magnetic numbers now because nothing sticks; not painters tape, vinyl numbers, soap suds and bugs! I will say, washing the car has been a breeze and drying the car with a leaf blower takes a whopping 5 minutes cause the water beads right off!

Quick Reply: 992 front end Paint protection film overview with STEK DynoShield