Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US SD Bumperettes - remove and repair, or live with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 01:10 PM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

All eyes it differently...but the muffin top vision of the std rear is hard to get out of mine. The higher and larger plate cavity of the SD is liposuction done right! I guess some like skinny, others like some meat on the bones.

Agree that adding black paint on the winglets wouldn't hurt...looks like they're doing just that on the GTS (at least based on the spy shots). As for the real vlaue/funtion of the bumperettes, it must be some regulatory BS...in the real world they would indeed seem pretty useless.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:12 AM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by not4one
All eyes it differently...but the muffin top vision of the std rear is hard to get out of mine. The higher and larger plate cavity of the SD is liposuction done right! I guess some like skinny, others like some meat on the bones.

Agree that adding black paint on the winglets wouldn't hurt...looks like they're doing just that on the GTS (at least based on the spy shots). As for the real vlaue/funtion of the bumperettes, it must be some regulatory BS...in the real world they would indeed seem pretty useless.
I agree SD rear puts the license plate up higher and makes rear look much better proportioned. The winglets would be better in black or just not there at all.

I also think the cab rear grill looks better than coupe rear grill.

Quick Reply: US SD Bumperettes - remove and repair, or live with?