Sponsored by:

Porsche Zentrum

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 12:40 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
[From a previous post] Here is the digital dash from the Panamera. If Porsche made this view a user selectable option (or even default) then I think people would not complain as much. Note I think the Panamera has a bigger steering wheel so the dials might need to be a bit smaller or overlap more...
[/QUOTE]

This looks nice.

The extra screen space on the 992 screen could then even be used for some design elements perhaps or let the user choose from some options. Just some thoughts that someone should share with Porsche.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,299 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
The Taycan interior is damned nice. That's where the A team was assigned.
Actually I'm gonna walk this back, in light of the most recent photos. I was likely thinking of the Panamera interior.

It looks like the Taycan designers are... well, look at the time on the dashboard clock.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:45 PM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
[From a previous post] Here is the digital dash from the Panamera. If Porsche made this view a user selectable option (or even default) then I think people would not complain as much. Note I think the Panamera has a bigger steering wheel so the dials might need to be a bit smaller or overlap more...
[/QUOTE]

The cluster design of the new Panamera is hands down better than the 992 from multiple standpoints. Viability being a major one.... One of the most important to me is that the tachometer actually looks like one from a Porsche.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,191 Likes on 574 Posts

Limegreen - Agreed. The tach in the 992 looks like a bullseye or a vinyl record. Too busy, in my opinion. The black (or white or red or yellow) background with the orange needle looks great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Change for the sake of change. This can be said for many of the new features of the 992. Including the cupholder. And the door handles. And the rear Tron light...
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (08-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Porsche Zentrum