Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not sure which sunroof to go with... some advice wanted on 992 order

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019 | 09:56 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nottoworry
I went back and forth with the same decision. Did not have the glass sunroof in previous 991 and wanted one. But I don’t really care for the look of the glass roof from outside. I have an Audi with one now and honestly I don’t care if the cover under the glass roof is open or closed. So I ended up not ordering it and using that extra $ on something else in build. Now I saw a video with someone driving a 992 with the glass and I wished I would have gotten it I guess I would go sit in a couple 991’s with and without to decide. But end of day just a personal preference like seat belt color. Pick what you like. Although I might worry like the previous poster the red and yellow may give a little McDonald’s vibe
Don't worry about McDonald's, that's a restaurant. But the yellow belts don't quite work IMO...you could go guards red belts or chalk belts!! Also consider chalk gages.

Old 08-12-2019 | 08:51 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Went with metal sunroof on my GT Silver build because I like the look better from the outside, standing in front of the car.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patriot:
992Sam (08-12-2019), TurboS_GG (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:17 PM
That_Studmann
AutoX

It's not that people don't like the yellow, it's your insistence on pairing it with a burgundy red interior.

Enjoy your interior with black belts, that red leather is loud enough.

Alternatively all black with chalk stitching or sport-tex, + enjoy the yellow highlights.

Last edited by That_Studmann; 08-12-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:31 PM
TMA
Advanced

Originally Posted by That_Studmann
It's not that people don't like the yellow, it's your insistence on pairing it with a burgundy red interior.

Enjoy your interior with black belts, that red leather is loud enough.

Alternatively all black with chalk stitching or sport-trex, + enjoy the yellow highlights.
Sport-Tex is actually a great idea. Once the interior is black it would look much better with the yellow dials and interior painted package.
Old 08-12-2019 | 06:56 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

well the dealer talked me off the cliff... it's definitely a risk, but it's not irriverasble and I (and he) both agree it's a polarizing look but a look that we both like... proceeding with it, and if I HATE it.. it's $1500 to replace them all with another color later.
Old 08-12-2019 | 08:03 PM
That_Studmann
AutoX

Originally Posted by Sam Jean Samaha
well the dealer talked me off the cliff... it's definitely a risk, but it's not irriverasble and I (and he) both agree it's a polarizing look but a look that we both like... proceeding with it, and if I HATE it.. it's $1500 to replace them all with another color later.
Best of luck! If it was your initial instinct to build it that way than stick with it. I'm sure it'll be perfect for you, and that's all that matters.

My build has been submitted since Jan 1st and there are certainly a couple things I'd tweak about it since then but in the end, the choices we make end up working out just fine and we get used to them like everything else in life.
The following users liked this post:
992Sam (08-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Not sure which sunroof to go with... some advice wanted on 992 order