Sponsored by:

Carrera deposit put down in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019 | 03:57 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Default Carrera deposit put down in Toronto

Hi guys,

I finally put down my deposit at Downtown Toronto Porsche for a Carrera 992. I spoke with the manager, they said allocations are very slim in Toronto** and I'm one of the only people that's put in an order and also I might be lucky enough to get mine between April/May just in time for spring.

I'm super excited for my first ever 911 and I think I really picked an awesome model and I saw a GT3RS in Chalk and seriously fell in love with how the colour changes in different light.

Here's my build if anyone interested:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PLQGEY91

Would love to know if anyone thinks I should add anything else to my build or take something off. I kept it very basic and wanted to upgrade only stuff I really liked and it's already 16K+ in options which is probably the most I have ever gotten on any car I have bought previously. *Always been an Audi guy*

Last edited by Sole_; 08-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2019 | 06:36 PM
TMA
Advanced

Nice spec! I’d say the side skirts aren’t needed unless you’re opting for the sport design package. They’ll look out of place in my view. That said id definitely get the sport design package (with side skirts); it just looks way better imho. And on the inside if you’re going with alcantara steering wheel then I’d add the roof lining in alcantara too so it matches. Enjoy in good health!
Old 08-08-2019 | 06:57 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Looks like a nice build. I'm not a big fan of the side skirts, so I'd save the $1500, but otherwise it's a great car.
Old 08-08-2019 | 07:00 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

I'm in Vancouver with my build coming next month. They also added more options to the generator and now I'm loving the Lava Orange color. Ugh lol

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVIJTZ8
Old 08-08-2019 | 07:58 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Nice build. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2019 | 08:32 PM
dichael
Instructor

That’s awesome!
Old 08-08-2019 | 08:36 PM
not4one
Instructor

Originally Posted by tgcrun
Looks like a nice build. I'm not a big fan of the side skirts, so I'd save the $1500, but otherwise it's a great car.
Agree 100%
Old 08-08-2019 | 11:20 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
I'm in Vancouver with my build coming next month. They also added more options to the generator and now I'm loving the Lava Orange color. Ugh lol

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVIJTZ8
Nice build. Even though I'm not ready to order one yet (waiting for the manuals), I love this thread because of the enthusiasm of those that are awaiting their 992s. There are too many 992 bashing threads appearing on this forum.
The following 3 users liked this post by tgcrun:
famous shoes (08-09-2019), JHesketh (08-09-2019), SamD (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019 | 04:06 AM
leaf345
Racer

Congrats, I'll likely be in the same boat but: come on at the manager for the part about allocations being slim.
I got offered an allocation for September on the west coast and I only expressed my interest 1 month ago? If you can afford one, you can get one.
Old 08-09-2019 | 08:58 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Nice build. Even though I'm not ready to order one yet (waiting for the manuals), I love this thread because of the enthusiasm of those that are awaiting their 992s. There are too many 992 bashing threads appearing on this forum.
I agree! I come here to celebrate the cars. Congrats to all of you waiting on cars. I’m taking delivery on mine at the factory in October. Nice builds.
Old 08-09-2019 | 09:05 AM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by leaf345
Congrats, I'll likely be in the same boat but: come on at the manager for the part about allocations being slim.
I got offered an allocation for September on the west coast and I only expressed my interest 1 month ago? If you can afford one, you can get one.
This.,,

“Allocations are slim” and yet “I'm one of the only people that's put in an order”,

OP - you asked for a discount right?
Old 08-09-2019 | 01:43 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by TMA
Nice spec! I’d say the side skirts aren’t needed unless you’re opting for the sport design package. They’ll look out of place in my view. That said id definitely get the sport design package (with side skirts); it just looks way better imho. And on the inside if you’re going with alcantara steering wheel then I’d add the roof lining in alcantara too so it matches. Enjoy in good health!
I feel the side of the car looks incomplete without the side skirt since the bumpers are fully painted... I had this problem with my B5 Audi days always loved having the sideskirts from factory. I will think it over...

Ughh you guys got me questioning my decision now, I feel the car looks empty from the profile without them I really don't like the rear bumper and there isnt much change to me on the front bumper with the sport design.

Originally Posted by leaf345
I'm just going by what he said tbh, it's my first one so I'm not sure how it works he's been working for Porsche for a long time so what do I know. - I corrected my post to Downtown Toronto, sorry about that!

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
I agree! I come here to celebrate the cars. Congrats to all of you waiting on cars. I’m taking delivery on mine at the factory in October. Nice builds.
That's freaking awesome! Enjoy that experience!

Originally Posted by Alan A
This.,,

“Allocations are slim” and yet “I'm one of the only people that's put in an order”,

OP - you asked for a discount right?
I did ask for a discount, my sales man said no discount. Hopefully that can change when we get to that point of ordering. I corrected my post to Downtown Toronto, sorry about that!
Old 08-09-2019 | 03:27 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Also from speaking with my sales person. There will be no manual for base Carreras only PDK
Old 08-09-2019 | 06:05 PM
antsjey
Intermediate

Nice spec but I'd 100% remove the side skirts. I really think it adds too much bulk to the side profile and ruins the classic lines IMO. I haven't seen any where I think it needs the skirts...
Obviously I'm biased though

The following users liked this post:
JHesketh (08-09-2019)
Old 08-09-2019 | 06:08 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by antsjey
Nice spec but I'd 100% remove the side skirts. I really think it adds too much bulk to the side profile and ruins the classic lines IMO. I haven't seen any where I think it needs the skirts...
Obviously I'm biased though

Hmmm you got me thinking now, it does look much better in real life!
The following users liked this post:
JHesketh (08-09-2019)

Quick Reply: Carrera deposit put down in Toronto