Sponsored by:

Carrera deposit put down in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sole_
I did ask for a discount, my sales man said no discount. Hopefully that can change when we get to that point of ordering. I corrected my post to Downtown Toronto, sorry about that!
Canada only has one Porsche dealer?
try calling a couple more with your spec.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Nope just speaking from the dealership I'm ordering from.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:48 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 440 Likes on 234 Posts

Also from speaking with my sales person. There will be no manual for base Carreras only PDK
Well, that's a bummer. I was seriously considering a manual base, but it looks like I'll have to jump up to an S. Not the worst problem to have, though.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Stevelev
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

Nice “basic” build. For what it’s worth, one of my must haves is seat ventilation. I’ve been using it regularly (in Ottawa) since taking delivery of my Targa at the end of March. In other words, I’m not talking about the same weather as the southern states. As far as the seats choice is concerned, I definitely prefer the sport plus or 18 ways of the 991 but am look forward to sitting in the 992 versions as they definitely appear to have changed.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by Stevelev
Nice “basic” build. For what it’s worth, one of my must haves is seat ventilation. I’ve been using it regularly (in Ottawa) since taking delivery of my Targa at the end of March. In other words, I’m not talking about the same weather as the southern states. As far as the seats choice is concerned, I definitely prefer the sport plus or 18 ways of the 991 but am look forward to sitting in the 992 versions as they definitely appear to have changed.
I actually made some changes to my build after consulting with the wife and sales person. We are getting rid of the side skirts after being swayed by you guys and keeping the headlights stock as the only difference from the one I chose is chrome trim around and turning headlights.

We have now added Racing Yellow seatbelts and Gauge it just adds that nice touch of contrast to finish the interior.

I think we might also add the carbon interior package trim.

As for the seat ventilation I tried it out on a 991 this week and honestly it didn't make that big of a difference for me, and I have lived without this long so I'm still on the fence although my sales person is super pro on it.

I chose the Sport plus seats because it has the added shoulder support, I really don't see myself needing 18 ways. I've lived without for 27 years of my life haha.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:18 PM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 108 Posts

We have now added Racing Yellow seatbelts and Gauge it just adds that nice touch of contrast to finish the interior.

I think we might also add the carbon interior package trim.
Take a look at this. I was quite taken aback by how good and retro-chic the yellow interior paint option looks with the yellow dials. Looks pants on the configuration but, to my eyes, it looks striking in real life.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by JHesketh
Take a look at this. I was quite taken aback by how good and retro-chic the yellow interior paint option looks with the yellow dials. Looks pants on the configuration but, to my eyes, it looks striking in real life.

Oh man that looks awesome! I would not do the trim in yellow though. At that point it just looks way too tacky, the carbon fibre trim package would look awesome!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with the observations of the yellow. It’s the first picture of the painted trim I’ve seen and it way nicer than the online configurator would imply. Even just the yellow dials as noted look way better here than configurator.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
I agree with the observations of the yellow. It’s the first picture of the painted trim I’ve seen and it way nicer than the online configurator would imply. Even just the yellow dials as noted look way better here than configurator.
I won't do the Chrono dial to keep it more subtle, I think the RPM gauge in yellow and yellow seat belts really finishes off the interior with the carbon fibre trim.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:29 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

Also from speaking with my sales person. There will be no manual for base Carreras only PDK
It wasnt Jonny then. It looks like MT is 99% a go.....first offered in base. see thread titled MT in 992
Old 08-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911boy
It wasnt Jonny then. It looks like MT is 99% a go.....first offered in base. see thread titled MT in 992
PM'd you!
Old 08-12-2019, 03:30 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

I love CF trim. Should look great in 992.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:36 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 380 Likes on 214 Posts

Nice spec! congrats
Old 08-13-2019, 03:07 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Nice build. Love Chalk. Are you going to drive it in the winter? If so might want to add Heated seats Self dimming mirrors? Electric folding mirrors are cheap but will you ever use them? I just got (yesterday) ventilated seats and they are pretty good. Shame about the MT. My dealer told me the same thing yesterday. Porsche made this call about 2 weeks ago.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:13 PM
Sole_
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911boy
Nice build. Love Chalk. Are you going to drive it in the winter? If so might want to add Heated seats Self dimming mirrors? Electric folding mirrors are cheap but will you ever use them? I just got (yesterday) ventilated seats and they are pretty good. Shame about the MT. My dealer told me the same thing yesterday. Porsche made this call about 2 weeks ago.
I doubt I will drive this car much during the winter, I live downtown and commute to work during the week. This will be a weekend car for spring summer and fall. Electric folding mirrors is something ive always wanted on my car and had to get them. I road tested a car with ventilated seats and like I have said before I have lived without them for this long it really makes no difference to me. I rather spend that money towards the interior bits like carbon fibre trim package and the yellow seatbelts and rpm gauge.

The 991.2 you got, is it base?

Quick Reply: Carrera deposit put down in Toronto