Sponsored by:

While we're complaining to Porsche-Burmester availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 05:16 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

+1 for the OPs thread!

I’m (hopefully) getting a GT4 and was very disappointed no Burm offered. Why? Because this car is going to be both my DD to work AND track/autocross car in the summer. I’m not that good of a driver that the extra 20 pounds would effect my lap times, but when I’m commuting or going on a grocery run it would be nice to crank up some tunes. There’s no glorious 4.0L engine sound while idling in stop & go traffic.

Porsche both left money on the table and decreased their income because instead of going with Bose, I emailed Nick from MusicarNW and he said it’s far easier/cheaper to upgrade to his Stage 3 system from the Base Sound Package Plus. So that’s what I optioned fully intending to do the MusicarNW upgrade.

If they offered Burm in the GT4, I would have just ticked that box and called it a day. Instead I chose the free Sound Package Plus. Oh well Porsche’s loss.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:18 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

I did go back and do a little research- the Bose does apparently save 13 lbs with the new 555 W system. My impression is that the Burm is heavier...by how much, not sure.

This may indeed be the reason no Burm in most of the GT cars. On the 718 Spyder, although basically same as GT4, convertible gives off a softer feel and perhaps that's why.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:23 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by not4one
++ on Bur. They can also add the glass sunroof option while they're at it. All these thing add some minor weight, but what the hell, some are interested, are prepared to throw $ at it, and are not timing their laps. For me, nothing wrong with a smidge of brougham to go with your GT3 Touring.
GT3 touring with a glass sunroof
Old 07-21-2019, 08:12 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
It's not about the stereo. What the OP is actually saying is that they want their engine of choice in their car of choice. If they could order a Carrera with a 4.0L NA engine, they would presumably do that instead, and spec a Burmester along with it.
Exactly. I sure don't understand why there are so many 911 "models" which would just be options in other car lines. AWD vs RWD, convertible/sunroof/none, engine, transmission, suspension, wheels. Back seat? It's frustrating because all the pieces are there, and they do make "parts bin specials" (love my GTS) but not with the exact parts.

My own wishlist includes having a backseat, the 6-speed manual, 4.0L non-turbo engine, GT3 suspension. If Burmester was an option I'd take it, though my biggest trouble is getting "basically a GT3" but with a backseat.

Oh and being able to order one without playing games.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Sebvelez
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
My own wishlist includes having a backseat, the 6-speed manual, 4.0L non-turbo engine, GT3 suspension. If Burmester was an option I'd take it, though my biggest trouble is getting "basically a GT3" but with a backseat.

Oh and being able to order one without playing games.
Wow.... you’ve just described my dream car... back seat, no games... take my money!
Old 07-24-2019, 03:58 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
I'm with you on that. Dream car.

Quick Reply: While we're complaining to Porsche-Burmester availability