Sponsored by:

992 TTS Cab video

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 12:44 AM
vtknight
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
I sat in the 992 at the MTL auto show in Jan and I did not like it. Sure it looked high quality and it was an obvious tech evolution, but I'm old school and I like analog gauges and the tight feel of the current generation. it's hard to explain, but from the inside the 992 felt like a bigger car... even though it isn't, at least not by much. so I decided to get on of the last 991.2 instead and I'm very happy, I feel right I home.
I'm waiting to get into a 992.1 - until I do I can only go on pictures...that said - the analog old school comment is exactly my point. the 991.2 will be the last analog gauges car for Porsche - I think that will add some potential value to that gen.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:07 PM
sullic
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I like the node to older 911's, so the exterior looks fine to me. The issue for me is the center console. It is a mess. The nub is a joke. The trough underneath it is a joke. The product manger and anyone who signed off on the design should be let go. It impossible to think that they let current 911 users review this late in the process, or let any outsider look at it, as they would have told them it was terrible. I think they will fix it in the 911.2 release, but for now, it was a hard no. I chose to buy a 991.2 Turbo versus waiting on a manual 992.1 C4S with a manual as I couldn't see the interior getting much better.

I'm sure it drives great. I have heard complaints about the fit and finish of the dash though. I'm sure that will get sorted over time.

Quick Reply: 992 TTS Cab video