Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport-Tex opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 07:50 PM
carson2
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 86 Posts

Besides the fact that they look super cool on the 992's sport plus seats, benefits are: cool when you enter a super hot car, and non-slippery (not as much grip as, say, alcantara, but not as slip-slidey as leather). Also quite comfortable...I love mine.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:31 PM
darkknight26
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 71 Posts

Old 12-14-2019, 10:18 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by carson2
Besides the fact that they look super cool on the 992's sport plus seats, benefits are: cool when you enter a super hot car, and non-slippery (not as much grip as, say, alcantara, but not as slip-slidey as leather). Also quite comfortable...I love mine.
Also, holds up much better than Alcantara.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:54 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,459 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by markanth
Would the seat ventilation, now largely mitigate the need for the Sport-Tek?

If so what would be the advantage of the Sport-Tek?
I don't think the sport-tek cloth is offered as a functional option. It's for the sporty look, if you like it. It also happens to stay cooler, apparently. If you were looking at it just for the stay-cool incidental characteristic, as opposed to the style, feel free to skip it.

Note you cannot get ventilated seats with the sport-tek. Ony leather seats can be ordered with the ventilated option.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:29 PM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 992 Open cockpit Targa or Cab-Leather with ventilation or the Sport-tex

Originally Posted by dhirm5
I don't think the sport-tek cloth is offered as a functional option. It's for the sporty look, if you like it. It also happens to stay cooler, apparently. If you were looking at it just for the stay-cool incidental characteristic, as opposed to the style, feel free to skip it.

Note you cannot get ventilated seats with the sport-tek. Ony leather seats can be ordered with the ventilated option.
Thanks for the input. If I recall correctly, from the many days past in my earlier Targa with leather non-ventilated seats; this seemed to be a problem. My experience was that on sunny days when the top was off and exposed to the sun for sometime, the leather seats would be hot and uncomfortable to sit on-especially when wearing shorts and thus I had to look for a functional alternative such as a placing towel on the seat or in my case, add the sheepskin seat-covers (won't to do this again).

I am wondering if the owners of other Targas or Cabs experience the same dilemma and what the best seat solution would be upon purchasing a 992 Targa-leather with ventilation or the Sport-tex?

Thankyou
Mark

Quick Reply: Sport-Tex opinions?