Sponsored by:

Let’s hear about the AC in the 992

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 01:12 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by hohlim
I’m from Singapore and temperatures here range between 28-34C. I’ve had my C2S for around half a year and done 4500km. The air conditioning has been cool enough to leave the setting at level 1 or 2 of the blower speed but there have been a few occasions that the air compressor did not kick in which caused the the air conditioning to blow out warm air. To solve the problem,i would have to pull over and restart the car. Have not brought the car to the dealer/workshop but will probably bring it up during my next service.

Anyone else experience this?
Can’t say I’ve noticed that; I’ve done 13,000 miles in SoCal so warm at times (30+ isn’t uncommon in summer) but not the humidity you have. I’d get it checked as you say.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:18 AM
hohlim
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deleting incorrect post

Last edited by hohlim; 08-01-2022 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Deleting incorrect post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:19 AM
hohlim
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
Not the same thing but on the subject of AC woes I just got home from a drive and in the last 6 minutes of the hourish drive I started hearing a high pitched air whizzing sound from the A/C, and the air stopped blowing cold. Turned the compressor off and back on, the sound goes away but comes back when the compressor turns on. From outside the car after getting out (and turning off the car) I hear a similar noise, like a punctured air hose is spitting out air somewhere it shouldn't be.

Fingers crossed that either it magically fixes itself next time I get in the car or that my dealer has a service opening this week, cause it's another hot one here
It could be the AC system that is leaking refrigerant.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-ac-is-on.html

Quick Reply: Let’s hear about the AC in the 992