Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My USA-bound 992 has been built and has a VIN

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:28 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 80 Posts

My car is on USA soil as of yesterday at Port Davisville (DVV) in Rhode Island.
Order Status is: "O100 Order ready for invoicing" which I have not heard of before.
Also says "Shipment Block: 2 Certification"

SA says still a long delay before delivery for CARB etc - maybe mid-July at best or August sometime.
Old 05-11-2019, 05:32 PM
cjwal
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations. You are one step closer. That means mine is heading toward the loop around Florida. Here is to hoping a Govt agency does something quickly.

Sorry have to laugh at that last thought. Almost got it out with a straight face.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:13 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Just got word that mine is also on US soil. Apparently the release date has been pushed to September 2.. Dealer is hoping it moves up but who knows. Very annoying
Old 05-13-2019, 11:35 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche07
Just got word that mine is also on US soil. Apparently the release date has been pushed to September 2.. Dealer is hoping it moves up but who knows. Very annoying

I just confirmed this with my SA - he just texted me that "overall release of 2020 992 we have been told Sept 4th"
That ties into what you heard re Sep 2nd (Monday) - probably official release is sometime that week.

I am trying to verify if "overall release" means all cars or might some of us get cars sooner than official release date...
Old 05-14-2019, 12:09 AM
porsche07
Advanced

Interesting. Oh and I actually mistyped. My dealer told me Sept. 4 as well. He didn't say anything about an overall release, but I'd assume thats the earliest that they figure any of the cars in the CARB states will be released. He said he hopes its sooner but you that you never know. I'm curious if anyone in a non-CARB state who has an early allocation car has the same Sept 4 date.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:21 AM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

cjwal - as you are in TX is there any better news from an EPA certification state vs one of the dozen CARB certification states?
Old 05-14-2019, 07:47 AM
cjwal
Advanced

Let me check on my status today. Will report back.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:49 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

More 'no news' - got a text update from my SA this evening. Since landing on Friday my car has moved to:
NA10 PDI IN (port delivery inspection starts)

and then today to:
NA16 PORT HANDLING - ADMINISTRATIVE HOLD
which we think is the indication that the car is awaiting CARB certification
Old 05-14-2019, 11:55 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
More 'no news' - got a text update from my SA this evening. Since landing on Friday my car has moved to:
NA10 PDI IN (port delivery inspection starts)

and then today to:
NA16 PORT HANDLING - ADMINISTRATIVE HOLD
which we think is the indication that the car is awaiting CARB certification
Everyone does realize cars won’t be released before the SA’s have had a chance to go to training and Porsche has them all trained on the products, right? Official release date is still September. Still lots of 991’s on the ground, still some being produced, still some allocations out there. 992 isn’t going to be rushed out. Early cars will be sitting for awhile. Just like Cayenne Hybrids that have been at port for months with more to go.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:57 AM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheMeister42
Everyone does realize cars won’t be released before the SA’s have had a chance to go to training and Porsche has them all trained on the products, right? Official release date is still September. Still lots of 991’s on the ground, still some being produced, still some allocations out there. 992 isn’t going to be rushed out. Early cars will be sitting for awhile. Just like Cayenne Hybrids that have been at port for months with more to go.
Yep - just 5 posts up I stated the official release date was 4th Sep - and I know SA training starts with a launch event on 30 June in Salt Lake City (on European spec cars that will be shipped back to Germany).

But it is frustrating that everyone's delivery date for initial batch of cars said 12 July for the last few months - one would think Porsche would be able to estimate a timeline better after so many years and models...
Old 05-15-2019, 03:29 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by darkknight26
I would consider the omission of the sports exhaust very carefully. I tried driving with mine off on my 991.2 and can confirm that you here it most at low-speeds below 4k RPM. above that they sound the same but the subtle difference in extra 'grunt' is worth it IMO. You need to balance looks vs sound. Good luck!
Agreed. My 991.2 with PSE sounded WAY better than my new 991.2 without. I Wouldnt consider ordering next car without PSE.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:54 PM
cjwal
Advanced

cjwal - as you are in TX is there any better news from an EPA certification state vs one of the dozen CARB certification states?
Pelucidor, traveling again so just heard back. My SA says we are just waiting on the epa cert in Texas. So right now I take that as when it’s ready I can get the car. So still no real answer.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:34 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

cjwal - last year there were some certification delays on 991.2 models (perhaps after diesel-gate fiasco German or VW family cars were being looked at closely vs rubber stamping) and the EPA cert was estimated to be 2-3 weeks quicker than CARB. Just a low quality data point that that probably won't apply to a new model...
Old 05-16-2019, 12:40 PM
porsche07
Advanced

cjwal - last year there were some certification delays on 991.2 models (perhaps after diesel-gate fiasco German or VW family cars were being looked at closely vs rubber stamping) and the EPA cert was estimated to be 2-3 weeks quicker than CARB. Just a low quality data point that that probably won't apply to a new model...
Why doesn’t Porsche have the certification done way before the release? I mean the camo’d cars have been in the states for months now. Does this waiting period happen with all new model cars coming to the States?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:24 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Got some disappointing news today - after months of an Expected Delivery Date showing 12-July it finally got up dated. New Delivery Date is 13-Sep...

Dealer thinks this is a worst case scenario and I might get it sooner. General Release Date for 992 in USA is still 4-Sep.

Quick Reply: My USA-bound 992 has been built and has a VIN