Sponsored by:

Taking delivery of aventurine green 922

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 09:24 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 399 Likes on 234 Posts

So @DKST
I've seen multiple complaints that the GT Sport steering wheel blocks the view of the outer 2 gauges, and you have the standard steering wheel. Can you still see the outer 2 gauges with that wheel? Or is it just the wheel in general that blocks you from seeing them.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
So @DKST
I've seen multiple complaints that the GT Sport steering wheel blocks the view of the outer 2 gauges, and you have the standard steering wheel. Can you still see the outer 2 gauges with that wheel? Or is it just the wheel in general that blocks you from seeing them.
If the option isn't there already, a software solution to the problem would be to offer the ability to assign a "swap" of outer dials via the Steering Wheel Quick Action Button.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:52 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

My new fav color, gawgus!!
Old 04-07-2019, 05:54 PM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Car looks awesome. Question on the SD side skirts (as I have to lock my config by the 20th). Do you find any interference between your leg and the skirt when exiting the vehicle?
Old 04-07-2019, 09:09 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 160 Posts

Absolutely beautiful! Certainly the best looking 992 I've seen yet. Great job speccing this one out!
Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Justinanus
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts

DKST,

I am waiting so much for your new video! Please!!!

Best,
Florian
Old 04-08-2019, 09:34 PM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

Dear all,

the second video is up (& for now only on Vimeo as Youtube keeps banning it due to copyright claims for the song I used).

You can watch the video here:

It includes exterior shots in overcast light (drone & gimbal shots from outside & inside) plus I went through quite some hassle to record the PSE in good quality) The learning curve was quite steep so from now on, it should be easier.

You will receive another video of outside shots in sunlight in the coming days. Also, I will answer to any of your questions throughout the day. Sorry, for the delay! ;-)

The following users liked this post:
992carrerat (03-22-2023)
Old 04-08-2019, 10:48 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,270 Likes on 641 Posts

your pics are better and more flattering than the official Porsche ones.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:24 AM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by slc4s
your pics are better and more flattering than the official Porsche ones.

Thanks a lot SLC4S! If anybody ever comes to Zurich, I'm happy to take some photos of your cars as well.

Originally Posted by not4one
Car looks awesome. Question on the SD side skirts (as I have to lock my config by the 20th). Do you find any interference between your leg and the skirt when exiting the vehicle?

No, not at all. It's not like they're sticking out very much. They're more accentuating the sides which I prefer a lot more than for instance the aluminum running boards you can option in the Macan. They really do complicate getting out of the car.

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
So @DKST

I can confirm that visibility is indeed limited and you can only see the two outer dials when tilting your head slightly to the left or right. However, the information on these dials are rather unimportant as on the left you see the current time & temperature and on the right, the fuel gauge. You can however also see the remaining fuel level in the dial next to it, in case you're not using the right display to show the map.

Originally Posted by hankinjax
so jealous! Do you mind telling us what camera and lenses you used to take those beautiful pics? thanks

I'm using a Nikon D850 and mostly use either a 35mm, 50mm or 85mm Sigma Art lens. The last two shots of the car in the sunset were taken with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro, which has a 20MP 1" sensor and lots of dynamic range. The interior shots of the video were taken with the 24-70mm at f/2.8 for shallow depth of field. The editing in Lightroom is my most important tool (and often also Photoshop to get rid of certain annoying elements).

My plan would be to take a couple of more shots in the evening and record a quick Lightroom session of what settings I use (and most importantly, how quick it is to edit and get really good results).

Originally Posted by darkblack
Wow! Stunning car. I hope you enjoy in good health!

Some questions:
1. Enhanced PASM? Is that a lip I spy on the front bumper? Thoughts?
2. How do you like the sound of the SE? Any regrets?
3. Did you option Power Steering Plus? If yes, how do you like it?

Cheers!

1. Enhanced PASM? Is that a lip I spy on the front bumper? Thoughts?
The ride quality is a lot smoother than compared to my 991.2. Especially on the motorway at higher speeds. So that's a plus! :-)

You're correct - it's the SD front bumper with a distinctive lip.

2. How do you like the sound of the SE? Any regrets?
At first, I was very disappointed. I started the car at the dealership and actually wanted to include the revving part in my first video, but didn't in the end as the sound was extremely weak when the engine was cold. Compared to my 991.2, the bassy roar when igniting the engine is definitely gone for the most parts.

Now, when the engine is warm, the story is completely different! Especially in the interior the sound seems a lot better (thanks to two sound intakes). Especially when revving over 4'000rpm the engine really screams and it's veeery satisfactory!

This brings me to the last point - when I was recording the latest video, I was seriously almost freaking out. I can't tell you how many takes I f*cked up because the mic was too sensitive / the exhaust note too loud. I had to slowly dial down the sensitivity of the mic until I finally hit the sweet spot.

Ergo: Also the outside noise is very, very good! It's different than the first gen turbo engine sound of the 991.2 but in a good way!

3. Did you option Power Steering Plus? If yes, how do you like it?
Big yes - I love the power steering as it easly allows me to manoeuvre the car with one finger only. On the other hand, I have nothing to compare it to, as I also had power steering in my previous 991.2.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:15 PM
DKST
Racer

Here I'm showing you four examples of how the new Porsche 911 color "Aventurine Green" looks like in different lighting conditions (overcast, sunny, dawn & artificial lighting). Enjoy!

Old 04-10-2019, 04:18 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks very much for your feedback on my questions. How do you like the loudspeaker system? Which one did you spec? Any thoughts?
Old 04-10-2019, 04:23 PM
DKST
Racer

Thanks very much for your feedback on my questions. How do you like the loudspeaker system? Which one did you spec? Any thoughts?
I went for the Bose speakers and having extensively tested the ones on my 991.2, I can clearly say that there's a night and day difference. Gone are any kind of vibrations I had during some bass-heavy songs. And additionally to that, there's a lot more clarity and mids in every song. All in all, I'm very very much impressed!!
Old 04-10-2019, 04:27 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Did you ever try the Burmeister before deciding on the Bose?
Old 04-10-2019, 04:40 PM
DKST
Racer

Did you ever try the Burmeister before deciding on the Bose?
No...too expensive for my taste. Another 4k down the river.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:44 PM
darkblack
Instructor

Originally Posted by DKST
No...too expensive for my taste. Another 4k down the river.
Haha I feel you. I'm planning to go the same route.

Quick Reply: Taking delivery of aventurine green 922