Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color dilemma for 992

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I ordered GT silver with black, but then deviated seat centers in iceland green. I like the brown leather, but with the dashboard and steering wheel in brown too, its too much. I would have optioned truffle if they gave us a black dash and steering wheel.
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (05-06-2021)
Old 02-18-2021, 01:30 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

I’m not sure the love for GT Silver. I would say Crayon/Chalk or something with pop and depth like Gentian or Midnight Blue or Aventurine Green or even Agate. But I don’t get all the Silver love. That’s just me.

As for the interior my preference is Chalk/Black but since they paired the Chalk with Slate so I went with Black/Chalk Stitching/Chalk Centers. I admit the Sport-Tex looks appealing but I wanted ventilated seats. The Iceland Green w Black also looks great but not for Blue.

I am more of a Cave is ok. No sunroof. But I prefer a black wheel and dash and Chalk seats. That is available on the 718 but not the 992.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:58 AM
J Clarkson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebvelez
Just another perspective, I went with Dolomite Silver over Graphite Blue. The blue is pretty subtle in person but compliments either of the silver offerings well. Here’s a picture for reference:

This thread from a couple of years ago but I've just ordered a 992 in silver with graphite blue interior and very much influenced by your photo. How are you finding it? I just think it looks great, to my eye much more interesting than standard black. Perfect with the silver accents also, thanks for posting the picture, very helpful!
Old 02-26-2021, 08:27 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by J Clarkson
This thread from a couple of years ago but I've just ordered a 992 in silver with graphite blue interior and very much influenced by your photo. How are you finding it? I just think it looks great, to my eye much more interesting than standard black. Perfect with the silver accents also, thanks for posting the picture, very helpful!
That is a nice interior and missed this photo before. Thanks for dragging it out again. With Dolomite I bet it looks great.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

^ This is my spec as well. Dolomite over Graphite with deviated stitching in Chalk. At the dealer’s sample room, these 2 colors really hit it off for me. After trying other combos, this combo kept pulling me back.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:17 AM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bmcginn
GT Silver with Full Black Leather. Can never go wrong with a classic combination.
With checked sports tex seat inserts !
Scott P (09-03-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 11:32 AM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

First to answer the OP’s question, any of those options would look nice but GT silver with truffle brown does look very rich/classic. Can’t go wrong.

To comment on what’s also been posted the pic of dolomite with blue interior looks great, but why are people choosing chalk deviated stitching instead of silver stitching? Honest question, I haven’t seen in person. Does chalk stitching look better? Would just think doing silver stitching would better tie in the exterior color (that is unless the exterior color is chalk). Thanks.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisGT3
First to answer the OP’s question, any of those options would look nice but GT silver with truffle brown does look very rich/classic. Can’t go wrong.

To comment on what’s also been posted the pic of dolomite with blue interior looks great, but why are people choosing chalk deviated stitching instead of silver stitching? Honest question, I haven’t seen in person. Does chalk stitching look better? Would just think doing silver stitching would better tie in the exterior color (that is unless the exterior color is chalk). Thanks.
I believe chalk deviated stitching is the only zero-cost deviated stitching option on offer for the leather interior and Sport-Tex packages. I think GT Silver, or any other custom deviated stitching color option, would come at an additional cost. Perhaps that explains the commonality of chalk stitching and it’s inclusion on some silver cars. I do still think it pairs well.
ChrisGT3 (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 02:13 PM
ChrisGT3
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Marantz2270
I believe chalk deviated stitching is the only zero-cost deviated stitching option on offer for the leather interior and Sport-Tex packages. I think GT Silver, or any other custom deviated stitching color option, would come at an additional cost. Perhaps that explains the commonality of chalk stitching and it’s inclusion on some silver cars. I do still think it pairs well.
Didn’t know this. Thank you!
Marantz2270 (03-10-2021)
Old 03-10-2021, 04:26 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisGT3
Didn’t know this. Thank you!
Of course!

And: Chalk stitching really just looks like an off-white to my eye. I don’t think it has the depth of color that Chalk paint possesses, nor would I expect that. I think it’s a good thing, as Chalk stitching appears to be a versatile option for many different interiors. A neutral contrast that tastefully highlights the contours of the interior surfaces.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:35 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

Definitely not Truffle, maybe Truffle and black. Then again so long as you like it that is the most important thing.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:06 PM
macanspnw
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Marantz2270

Correct, Chalk stitching is standard with the Sport Tex seats. I went for the Sport Tex on my GT Silver C2S as I wanted a sporty yet retro look and I think this combo serves both those well. Any other color stitching is going to cost you.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:03 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by phila12180
Definitely not Truffle, maybe Truffle and black. Then again so long as you like it that is the most important thing.
Really? Got this picture from a Porsche Design e-mail. Definitely classy.

The following 2 users liked this post by txpackers:
Patriot (03-11-2021), Wilsontour (03-12-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 06:58 AM
messiry
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I’m not sure the love for GT Silver. I would say Crayon/Chalk or something with pop and depth like Gentian or Midnight Blue or Aventurine Green or even Agate. But I don’t get all the Silver love. That’s just me.

As for the interior my preference is Chalk/Black but since they paired the Chalk with Slate so I went with Black/Chalk Stitching/Chalk Centers. I admit the Sport-Tex looks appealing but I wanted ventilated seats. The Iceland Green w Black also looks great but not for Blue.

I am more of a Cave is ok. No sunroof. But I prefer a black wheel and dash and Chalk seats. That is available on the 718 but not the 992.
I am currently doing the same interior spec black seats with chalk stitching and chulk seat centers, by any chance do you have a photo how it looks, my imagination is not helping me but I am sure it will look nice.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:17 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by messiry
I am currently doing the same interior spec black seats with chalk stitching and chulk seat centers, by any chance do you have a photo how it looks, my imagination is not helping me but I am sure it will look nice.
I don't have my car yet. Another 5 weeks. However, here is a photo of that from a Turbo S on here somewhere with the 930 Leather Package (the $1400 option, not the $10k Heritage/Exclusive Manufaktur). Which I liked so much I opted for the 930 myself.

The following 2 users liked this post by 3rdpedal:
messiry (05-06-2021), txpackers (05-06-2021)

Quick Reply: Color dilemma for 992