Sponsored by:

Sad and upset

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Cromo
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sad and upset

2th February the Porsche seller assured me June delivery so I signed the contract for 992 C2S and paid the advance.

Then the confirmation for the car did not come. Ever three days ago, the seller said "i have not the confirmation let's wait a couple of days".

Today i went to the dealer, the seller was not there. Another personal checked on PC and said my car is set in production in October.

I'm really pissed off. I feel cheated.

What can i do?

Old 03-22-2019, 04:49 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

all right It s part of a well known game, waiting will increase your perceived value
Old 03-22-2019, 07:06 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Cromo
2th February the Porsche seller assured me June delivery so I signed the contract for 992 C2S and paid the advance.

Then the confirmation for the car did not come. Ever three days ago, the seller said "i have not the confirmation let's wait a couple of days".

Today i went to the dealer, the seller was not there. Another personal checked on PC and said my car is set in production in October.

I'm really pissed off. I feel cheated.

What can i do?
Ask for your money back. BTW if you are buying not leasing, then a production date in October (December delivery) will depreciate more than a June delivery car since these cars depreciate based on model year, and the June car would give you an extra 6 months to amortize first year depreciation.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Other than getting your deposit back, nothing. The dealer can take the orders for 992s until the cows come home, but if the store doesn't have or can't get an allocation from Porsche AG, there's nothing you or the store can do to "make" Porsche build a car for you. Additionally, assuming Porsche commits to build the car, when it's built is entirely up to Porsche AG to decide.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Cromo
Advanced

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Ask for your money back. BTW if you are buying not leasing, then a production date in October (December delivery) will depreciate more than a June delivery car since these cars depreciate based on model year, and the June car would give you an extra 6 months to amortize first year depreciation.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Cromo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mechanic
Other than getting your deposit back, nothing. The dealer can take the orders for 992s until the cows come home, but if the store doesn't have or can't get an allocation from Porsche AG, there's nothing you or the store can do to "make" Porsche build a car for you. Additionally, assuming Porsche commits to build the car, when it's built is entirely up to Porsche AG to decide.
I understand.

The guy, looking at PC, told me he has a free "slot" for a C2S to be delivered in June, when i signed the contract.

So did he lied?
Old 03-23-2019, 04:09 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Except wouldn't an October production/December delivery be a next model year vehicle?

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Mechanic
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Cromo: You will soon have a PM
Old 03-23-2019, 11:19 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Except wouldn't an October production/December delivery be a next model year vehicle?
So would a June production. All 992s are 2020 models until About August 2020 when they will make the 2021.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:28 PM
gary.lee
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why dont u just cancel? first year cars have a ton of problems anyway.l
Old 03-24-2019, 12:35 AM
BryanLimSH
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, he lied on you. Did you sign any documents which stated expected delivery in Jun 2019? If yes, then you can sue that dealer already
Old 03-24-2019, 03:21 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Blessing in disguise.. Back out while you can.

Quick Reply: Sad and upset