New to Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 08:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
RE: Full leather

I am generally too impatient to special order and I would venture to say 1/4 to a 1/3 of my cars have not had full leather. Never once missed it on cars that did not have it.
Agree. These are sports cars, better to put the money toward performance options.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 AM
yl_ksa
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I finally placed an order yesterday, I ended up changing my mind again about several options. Ended up with:
  • Full red interior with white stitches, my current car is two tone black/white and I want a change from the black dashboard, also I prefered the flooring to be in Red
  • Alcantara roofing, again something nice and different to what am used to
  • No sports exhaust
  • Burmester audio because it will be my DD and will spend a lot of time listening to music and I just don't want to be underwhelmed with the Bose
With this configuration I managed to get the price almost exactly equal to the BMW 850i which I was originally considering.

The dealership told me I still have three weeks for any changes (hopefully I won't) before it will be locked down. Expected delivery date June/July.

I asked them about collecting the car from the factory but I was told the option is not yet available for the 992.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:13 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yl_ksa
I finally placed an order yesterday, I ended up changing my mind again about several options. Ended up with:
  • Full red interior with white stitches, my current car is two tone black/white and I want a change from the black dashboard, also I prefered the flooring to be in Red
  • Alcantara roofing, again something nice and different to what am used to
  • No sports exhaust
  • Burmester audio because it will be my DD and will spend a lot of time listening to music and I just don't want to be underwhelmed with the Bose
With this configuration I managed to get the price almost exactly equal to the BMW 850i which I was originally considering.

The dealership told me I still have three weeks for any changes (hopefully I won't) before it will be locked down. Expected delivery date June/July.

I asked them about collecting the car from the factory but I was told the option is not yet available for the 992.
Now the waiting begins. Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic ownership experience with the 992.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:14 AM
Az911GT's
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I come from Saudi and would prefer darker colors interiors on all 911's. I would do red but definitely not the dash (black on Red is good). Given the severe climate conditions one will have to install good quality/material tint.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:37 AM
yl_ksa
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ya it's gonna be a really long wait :/

Am from Saudi too, the heat and dust is an issue. I will have to start researching what is a good option for window tinting and paint/lights protection layer.

Quick Reply: New to Porsche