Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full leather interior = worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 09:49 AM
NiteJav
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts

Having a 991.1 without any leather (other then maybe the door handle pulls) to having one with leather, dash door cards etc. It makes the car feel so much more special.

From a value perspective, one thing I would say is if you are ordering expect to get 20% back on this at trade in time. If you go full lottery build (as I like to call it when someone throws down 50k in options or more) the car is awesome and plan to keep it for a long time because trading it in 12 mos from now you can consider 40 of that 50k incinerated. (unless you find a like minded buyer who does not mind the premium) Prepare to be insulted on the trade in value etc. For the next owner its awesome because they never got pushed off that sort of rapid depreciation cliff. I guess that's why I enjoy CPO cars so much. If you do want to get that many options consider a Turbo (model designation) or GTS at least then most of those options become standard and that option cliff is not nearly that instantaneous.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:28 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
Full leather is a necessity. If you never saw a full leather car, then you might be ok with the standard interior. Once you see it, it can’t be unseen and then standard just looks cheap.
Couldn't agree more....my .1 GT3 didn't have it....was fine without....my RS has it....would be a must moving forward....it's that much nicer....

Quick Reply: Full leather interior = worth it?