Sponsored by:

Aventurine Green Metallic at LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 06:44 AM
Pochetemix
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Thanks for that video. Both the photos and the video of the green car are incredibly washed out by the lights. Even the black interior doesn’t look black. Here’s a better photo (that I think you posted) from the way back. It looks much, much better. I hope it’s the same color.

This is a photoshopped picture, which is a shame.

Here you can find the original one, showing the 992 in Night Blue Metallic: https://www.autogespot.es/porsche-99...-4s/2018/10/29
Old 12-03-2018, 06:56 AM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Thanks for that video. Both the photos and the video of the green car are incredibly washed out by the lights. Even the black interior doesn’t look black. Here’s a better photo (that I think you posted) from the way back. It looks much, much better. I hope it’s the same color.
I'm quite sure that this is Oak Green Metallic (22L) and not Aventurine Green. Aventurine green is less colorful. Think of it like Agatey Grey but instead of a brownish tint, it's more greenish.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:41 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Squires9914s
This color is amazing ...looks stunning in person ..my new favorite right now.

Doesn't look right. Either the picture is overexposed or the studio lighting is distorting it.

Google the color. It was used on 993. There are plenty of real life pics.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:05 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

I like the way it looks in the LA pics more than the actual color used in the past lol. Clearly have to wait to see what it really is!!!
Old 12-03-2018, 10:20 AM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Doesn't look right. Either the picture is overexposed or the studio lighting is distorting it.

Google the color. It was used on 993. There are plenty of real life pics.
As mentioned earlier, the camera overexposed the photos a bit. Take your smartphone, start the camera app and point the camera indoors at a black / dark surface. Will the picture be black? No - it will be grey. Same thing happened here. The camera overexposed the photos so that the color looks a lot brighter than in reality. From what I‘ve read, the color looks amazing in person, so I‘d definitely wait until you see the car in person (or simply order the car blindly, as I did &#128521
Old 12-03-2018, 12:32 PM
Squires9914s
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DKST

As mentioned earlier, the camera overexposed the photos a bit. Take your smartphone, start the camera app and point the camera indoors at a black / dark surface. Will the picture be black? No - it will be grey. Same thing happened here. The camera overexposed the photos so that the color looks a lot brighter than in reality. From what I‘ve read, the color looks amazing in person, so I‘d definitely wait until you see the car in person (or simply order the car blindly, as I did &#128521
I took these pictures without any app.. straight pure from my iPhone camera . You can also check out the YouTube vdo on earlier comment the color looks exact same like my pics. I’m pretty sure this color is not the one used on 993 ...this is new shade of green with silver tint . You better come it out in person at LA auto show it’s still on til this weekend
Old 12-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

I dig it.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 PM
DKST
Racer

I took these pictures without any app.. straight pure from my iPhone camera . You can also check out the YouTube vdo on earlier comment the color looks exact same like my pics. I’m pretty sure this color is not the one used on 993 ...this is new shade of green with silver tint . You better come it out in person at LA auto show it’s still on til this weekend
Don't get me wrong - I love the color and I'm quite sure your pictures come close to the real deal. I'm just saying that any color will look completely different in artificial and natural lighting.

Old 12-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pochetemix

Here you can find the original one, showing the 992 in Night Blue Metallic: https://www.autogespot.es/porsche-99...-4s/2018/10/29
Lol. Thanks. That is a real shame, because I loved it. It makes sense though - Oak green is one of my favorites on a 911.

What’s really odd is the color on the configurator. Even allowing for the traditionally bad color accuracy and the vagaries of different screen presentations. The configurator is closer to Oak or maybe Brewster than the LA photos.
We shall see, I suppose.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:50 PM
DKST
Racer

Screenshot taken from video below gives a much closer color representation (I think) than the other photos in this thread.

​​​​​​

It all depends on lighting conditions and angle.

Old 12-05-2018, 02:26 AM
coxswain
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1995 911 in Aventurine Green, for the reference:

In this color, the 992 911 will have a cool retro vibe. Even the open-pore wood interior trim will suit it beautifully.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:26 AM
BertoneBertoni
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DKST
I'm quite sure that this is Oak Green Metallic (22L) and not Aventurine Green. Aventurine green is less colorful. Think of it like Agatey Grey but instead of a brownish tint, it's more greenish.

Yes, I'm inclined to agree here. This pic is of Oak Green metallic or a variation of it: it cannot possibly wash-out to the show-car colour posted at the start of the thread. All metallic greens can be very deceptive under varying light conditions because of the varnish top-coat. That's why I prefer 'flat' greens because they are more consistent under all light conditions, particularly the overcast skies we get more in N.Europe. None the less, I salute Porsche for giving us two greens after we lost 'Malachite' on the 997.2.

On a side note: does the greater array of colour combinations (both inside and out) confirm what a salesman told me.....that AG want to discourage people from using PTS etc. because it's a massive pain in the **** for them....?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:39 AM
BertoneBertoni
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hows about two tone Black/Island green with agave green seatbelt . And wood trim would be nice retro combo.

I'd push the boat out a bit more on the 'retro' with not only wood.....but also gold The new 3-D dash can take the Paidao trim much more tastefully than any 911 since the F-series.
  • Aventurine.
  • Agave ( you can then get ventilated seats.....which are a Godsend on a warm spring day with the windows down....)
  • Paidao wood.
  • Aurum wheels (if you dare).
  • Tone down that hideous pan-Porsche rear script with black-gloss (frankly, do we need to advertise it's a Porsche....on a 911 ?)

Voila'. If you don't have the cogliones for the Aurum, however, then that new 'Carrera S' wheel looks very, very subtle indeed. Best range of wheels on a 'model generation' I've seen for....well...ever. But why can't we get a set of OEM forged for a production-series car, AG ?
Old 12-05-2018, 11:52 AM
Johisco
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pochetemix

I think that is Gentian Blue
Old 12-05-2018, 12:38 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

reminds me of 1980s Granite Green Metallic

btw , Porsche marketing has reused names with very different shades in same markets, an example being
" Iris Blue " Metallic which was sky blue in the '80s and returned as a dark-purplish blue a decade later and " Aventurine " has been resurrected in similar dissimilarity !

Last edited by MKW; 12-05-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Aventurine Green Metallic at LA Auto Show