Aventurine Green Metallic at LA Auto Show - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 992
Reload this Page >

Aventurine Green Metallic at LA Auto Show

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

Aventurine Green Metallic at LA Auto Show

Old 12-03-2018, 07:44 AM
  #31  
Pochetemix
New User
 
Pochetemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by Benedict14 View Post
Thanks for that video. Both the photos and the video of the green car are incredibly washed out by the lights. Even the black interior doesn’t look black. Here’s a better photo (that I think you posted) from the way back. It looks much, much better. I hope it’s the same color.






This is a photoshopped picture, which is a shame.

Here you can find the original one, showing the 992 in Night Blue Metallic: https://www.autogespot.es/porsche-99...-4s/2018/10/29
Pochetemix is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 07:56 AM
  #32  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Benedict14 View Post
Thanks for that video. Both the photos and the video of the green car are incredibly washed out by the lights. Even the black interior doesnt look black. Heres a better photo (that I think you posted) from the way back. It looks much, much better. I hope its the same color.
I'm quite sure that this is Oak Green Metallic (22L) and not Aventurine Green. Aventurine green is less colorful. Think of it like Agatey Grey but instead of a brownish tint, it's more greenish.
DKST is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 09:41 AM
  #33  
stealthpilot
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stealthpilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 909
Default

Originally Posted by Squires9914s
This color is amazing ...looks stunning in person ..my new favorite right now.








Doesn't look right. Either the picture is overexposed or the studio lighting is distorting it.

Google the color. It was used on 993. There are plenty of real life pics.
stealthpilot is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:05 AM
  #34  
chuckbdc
Super User
 
chuckbdc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 2,873
Default

I like the way it looks in the LA pics more than the actual color used in the past lol. Clearly have to wait to see what it really is!!!
chuckbdc is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 11:20 AM
  #35  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by stealthpilot View Post
Doesn't look right. Either the picture is overexposed or the studio lighting is distorting it.

Google the color. It was used on 993. There are plenty of real life pics.
As mentioned earlier, the camera overexposed the photos a bit. Take your smartphone, start the camera app and point the camera indoors at a black / dark surface. Will the picture be black? No - it will be grey. Same thing happened here. The camera overexposed the photos so that the color looks a lot brighter than in reality. From what Ive read, the color looks amazing in person, so Id definitely wait until you see the car in person (or simply order the car blindly, as I did &#128521
DKST is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 01:32 PM
  #36  
Squires9914s
User
Thread Starter
 
Squires9914s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 144
Default

Originally Posted by DKST View Post


As mentioned earlier, the camera overexposed the photos a bit. Take your smartphone, start the camera app and point the camera indoors at a black / dark surface. Will the picture be black? No - it will be grey. Same thing happened here. The camera overexposed the photos so that the color looks a lot brighter than in reality. From what Ive read, the color looks amazing in person, so Id definitely wait until you see the car in person (or simply order the car blindly, as I did &#128521
I took these pictures without any app.. straight pure from my iPhone camera . You can also check out the YouTube vdo on earlier comment the color looks exact same like my pics. Im pretty sure this color is not the one used on 993 ...this is new shade of green with silver tint . You better come it out in person at LA auto show its still on til this weekend
Squires9914s is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 01:55 PM
  #37  
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Seanlabonte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 436
Default

I dig it.
__________________
Sean LaBonte @ Porsche Fresno

Porsche Fresno -www.porschefresno.com
Audi Fresno - www.audifresno.com
BMW Fresno -www.bmwfresno.com
McLaren Scottsdale - www.mclarenscottsdale.com
Porsche Fresno Lease Specials
cell: 951-973-9470
email: [email protected]
Instagram
Seanlabonte is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 02:13 PM
  #38  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Squires9914s View Post


I took these pictures without any app.. straight pure from my iPhone camera . You can also check out the YouTube vdo on earlier comment the color looks exact same like my pics. Im pretty sure this color is not the one used on 993 ...this is new shade of green with silver tint . You better come it out in person at LA auto show its still on til this weekend
Don't get me wrong - I love the color and I'm quite sure your pictures come close to the real deal. I'm just saying that any color will look completely different in artificial and natural lighting.



DKST is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 04:53 PM
  #39  
Benedict14
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Benedict14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 500
Default

Originally Posted by Pochetemix View Post
This is a photoshopped picture, which is a shame.

Here you can find the original one, showing the 992 in Night Blue Metallic: https://www.autogespot.es/porsche-99...-4s/2018/10/29
Lol. Thanks. That is a real shame, because I loved it. It makes sense though - Oak green is one of my favorites on a 911.

What’s really odd is the color on the configurator. Even allowing for the traditionally bad color accuracy and the vagaries of different screen presentations. The configurator is closer to Oak or maybe Brewster than the LA photos.
We shall see, I suppose.

Benedict14 is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:50 PM
  #40  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Screenshot taken from video below gives a much closer color representation (I think) than the other photos in this thread.

​​​​​​

It all depends on lighting conditions and angle.

DKST is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 03:26 AM
  #41  
coxswain
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago
Posts: 354
Default

1995 911 in Aventurine Green, for the reference:




In this color, the 992 911 will have a cool retro vibe. Even the open-pore wood interior trim will suit it beautifully.
coxswain is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:26 AM
  #42  
BertoneBertoni
User
 
BertoneBertoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by DKST View Post
I'm quite sure that this is Oak Green Metallic (22L) and not Aventurine Green. Aventurine green is less colorful. Think of it like Agatey Grey but instead of a brownish tint, it's more greenish.

Yes, I'm inclined to agree here. This pic is of Oak Green metallic or a variation of it: it cannot possibly wash-out to the show-car colour posted at the start of the thread. All metallic greens can be very deceptive under varying light conditions because of the varnish top-coat. That's why I prefer 'flat' greens because they are more consistent under all light conditions, particularly the overcast skies we get more in N.Europe. None the less, I salute Porsche for giving us two greens after we lost 'Malachite' on the 997.2.

On a side note: does the greater array of colour combinations (both inside and out) confirm what a salesman told me.....that AG want to discourage people from using PTS etc. because it's a massive pain in the **** for them....?
BertoneBertoni is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:39 AM
  #43  
BertoneBertoni
User
 
BertoneBertoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 141
Default

Originally Posted by Squires9914s View Post



Hows about two tone Black/Island green with agave green seatbelt . And wood trim would be nice retro combo.




I'd push the boat out a bit more on the 'retro' with not only wood.....but also gold The new 3-D dash can take the Paidao trim much more tastefully than any 911 since the F-series.
  • Aventurine.
  • Agave ( you can then get ventilated seats.....which are a Godsend on a warm spring day with the windows down....)
  • Paidao wood.
  • Aurum wheels (if you dare).
  • Tone down that hideous pan-Porsche rear script with black-gloss (frankly, do we need to advertise it's a Porsche....on a 911 ?)

Voila'. If you don't have the cogliones for the Aurum, however, then that new 'Carrera S' wheel looks very, very subtle indeed. Best range of wheels on a 'model generation' I've seen for....well...ever. But why can't we get a set of OEM forged for a production-series car, AG ?
BertoneBertoni is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 12:52 PM
  #44  
Johisco
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by Pochetemix View Post
This is a photoshopped picture, which is a shame.

Here you can find the original one, showing the 992 in Night Blue Metallic: https://www.autogespot.es/porsche-99...-4s/2018/10/29
I think that is Gentian Blue
Johisco is offline  
Old 12-05-2018, 01:38 PM
  #45  
MKW
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Palo Alto and Carnelian Bay/Lk Tahoe
Posts: 1,535
Default

reminds me of 1980s Granite Green Metallic

btw , Porsche marketing has reused names with very different shades in same markets, an example being
" Iris Blue " Metallic which was sky blue in the '80s and returned as a dark-purplish blue a decade later and " Aventurine " has been resurrected in similar dissimilarity !

Last edited by MKW; 12-05-2018 at 02:00 PM.
MKW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: