Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Post Premier Chatter (formerly known as World Premiere Live thread)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:52 PM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
I was surprised when I saw it yesterday - first time I think we've seen one with a CF roof, which spurred me to snap the picture. I asked a couple of the Porsche so-called "product experts" (basically hired help who don't work for Porsche) and couldn't get a straight answer on the carbon fiber roof. I would guess it would be available at some point in the lifecycle of the 992.1, but not sure.
For the love of god please NOBODY mention the word "carbon" when discussing the 992!

The " digital application " “Porsche Impact” emissions calculator will freak out on you!
Old 11-29-2018, 09:55 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Crester

This just looks horrendously cheap. The rest of the car I don't mind so much. Since it's confirmed there are no "magic buttons" on either side of the shifter like in the Panamera... does that mean those are just plain black plastic panels surrounding the shifter?!?!?
Maybe the empty spaces on both sides are reserved for buttons for future use (possibly for a hybrid?). Or features like a sunroof, Targa top, or maybe an optional sport exhaust for the base Carrera? And has anyone seen the button for Auto Start/Stop?
Old 11-29-2018, 11:01 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Here’s the video of the silver 992 with the engine running. Lots of background noise that I couldn’t control. But in person it sounded just like a 991.2.

Also - it's just idling - no revving. Sorry guys.

https://youtu.be/ON51hVxCjLg
appreciate this thanks!
Old 11-30-2018, 12:06 AM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

The yellow car looks like pac man from the front. The designers of the 3rd brake light, center console, front gapping bumper need to be sent to BMW.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:20 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by csmab
The yellow car looks like pac man from the front. The designers of the 3rd brake light, center console, front gapping bumper need to be sent to BMW.
said that weeks ago when the first picture of a yellow car came out, even from back it reminded me of Pac-Man

Quick Reply: 992 Post Premier Chatter (formerly known as World Premiere Live thread)