Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring. - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 992
Reload this Page >

Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.

Notices
992 This Forum for the turbocharged non Turbo 911

Hate the 992??! OFFICIAL VENTING THREAD # Ultimate bashing allowed. Step in the ring.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:25 AM
  #31  
digits
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
digits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Seattle
Posts: 389
Default

It's not so bad - I'm pretty sure it'll grow on me... someday I'll say:
digits is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:47 AM
  #32  
Crester
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Crester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 478
Default

Crester is online now  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:59 AM
  #33  
rcristobal
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rcristobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NorCal
Posts: 90
Default

992-RV Edition
*The silver strip on dash can be pulled out to use as a lunch table or laptop desk while you watch a show on that huge 11" screen. We also have a huge cup holder to manage your 1 liter drinks. Bigger is better.
rcristobal is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:30 AM
  #34  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post


No, no, no, I think the Canamera is going to be a great luxury GT car and it fills that open spot in Audi’s line up between the RS5 and the R8V10. I hope it comes with lane keep assist.
Yes :-) Active Lane Assist & InnoDrive confirmed in order to keep you in the lane even on twisting roads. Now you can finally read a book while driving that boring mountain pass road! The future looks bright!
DKST is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:02 AM
  #35  
ClassJ
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 510
Default

Originally Posted by limegreen View Post
Be careful what you joke about because once the Taycan goes on sale Porsche will officially be in the appliance business.
My 944 has an air conditioned glove box. It does a great job of keeping a bottle of water cool.


ClassJ is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 10:51 AM
  #36  
STG
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 13,180
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No, no, no, I think the Canamera is going to be a great luxury GT car and it fills that open spot in Audi’s line up between the RS5 and the R8V10. I hope it comes with lane keep assist.

Can I propose Carreramera?
STG is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 AM
  #37  
goin2drt
Super User
 
goin2drt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kentucky finally made it out of Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,552
Default

It will be funny to watch and take note of all the haters in here and just how many will be posting in all the “incoming” threads ��
goin2drt is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 11:12 AM
  #38  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by goin2drt View Post
It will be funny to watch and take note of all the haters in here and just how many will be posting in all the “incoming” threads ��
Absolutely! I imagine 30-40% will change their opinion after Nov 30th / official debut. Another 30-40% after seeing the car in real life. Remaining 20-40% will continue contributing to this specific thread. ;-)
DKST is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:21 PM
  #39  
Rocket_boy
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
Default

Originally Posted by DKST View Post


Absolutely! I imagine 30-40% will change their opinion after Nov 30th / official debut. Another 30-40% after seeing the car in real life. Remaining 20-40% will continue contributing to this specific thread. ;-)
I think I've seen enough of it in general to not put it on my immediate list for future purchase. I'm sure it will drive extremely well,....and yes I want to see it,.....but for now it equates to dating a homely chick (especially the interior) that's great in bed, but you just can't get past the looks.
Rocket_boy is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:21 PM
  #40  
Archimedes
Super User
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 8,203
Default

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3 View Post
Everyone always initially hates the new 911 variant, drives one, and then is like "WOW, great car". The same story will happen for all future variants.
Yes, that’s exactly what happened when Porsche introduced the 996...
Archimedes is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:27 PM
  #41  
limegreen
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 394
Default

Originally Posted by DKST View Post


Absolutely! I imagine 30-40% will change their opinion after Nov 30th / official debut. Another 30-40% after seeing the car in real life. Remaining 20-40% will continue contributing to this specific thread. ;-)






Optimism is such a nice quality to have among those who can't see the forrest for the trees.


If you need help with that , please allow me : The car industry is in a complete free fall but while it's going down everyone is distracted by all the face value glitter.

This is the fault of the government regulations that unfortunately we control with our tolerance and votes and it's also the fault of these manufactures that , guess what , we also control with our tolerance and votes (voting with our dollars as STG has said).

So basically the reason the industry is in free fall is because the general masses accept the garbage being shoveled at them with open arms and optimism that it's all for the best.

Face value products produced for a face value society.
Do you see the trees yet?

Last edited by limegreen; 10-19-2018 at 12:44 PM.
limegreen is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:36 PM
  #42  
STG
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
STG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 13,180
Default

Name:  photo573.jpg
Views: 6062
Size:  352.8 KB

Name:  photo240.jpg
Views: 6049
Size:  334.3 KB

Name:  photo415.jpg
Views: 6064
Size:  364.3 KB
STG is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 12:55 PM
  #43  
DKST
User
 
DKST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by limegreen View Post
Optimism is such a nice quality to have among those who can't see the forrest for the trees.


If you need help with that , please allow me : The car industry is in a complete free fall but while it's going down everyone is distracted by all the face value glitter.

This is the fault of the government regulations that unfortunately we control with our tolerance and votes and it's also the fault of these manufactures that , guess what , we also control with our tolerance and votes (voting with our dollars as STG has said).

So basically the reason the industry is in free fall is because the general masses accept the garbage being shoveled at them with open arms and optimism that it's all for the best.

Face value products produced for a face value society.
Do you see the trees yet?
Nice speech! ;-) Though, still no trees in sight yet. I do see you however in stage 2 in the Kuebler-Ross model. ;-)

DKST is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 01:44 PM
  #44  
limegreen
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 394
Default

Originally Posted by DKST View Post


Nice speech! ;-) Though, still no trees in sight yet. I do see you however in stage 2 in the Kuebler-Ross model. ;-)

Haha, I'd say that I'm actually somewhere between 3 and 4 right now....
limegreen is offline  
Old 10-19-2018, 01:57 PM
  #45  
subshooter
Super User
 
subshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Orleans, LA (NOLA)
Posts: 2,511
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post


Yes, that’s exactly what happened when Porsche introduced the 996...
and the 996 way outsold the 993 too.
subshooter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: