Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 - Nerd features

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 11:29 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Yep - I turn it off in the DD. Total waste of space, weight (and money)
Old 10-12-2018, 04:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Do you think we’ll still have to pay extra for keyless entry that’s standard on just about every other car on the planet?
go figure we have to pay for fake alu fuel cap "only" $160
Old 10-13-2018, 06:55 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Because PTS isn't nearly as simple as it should be.
It is now for existing approved colors. Basically you pay and wait and you get PTS.

If you want a new color, you pay double and wait longer. I admit that is harder. I failed as I got caught up in the policy switch.

Sure, for special cars there is limited windows and availability, but even that is navigable. There are very few people even on GT3 who wanted PTS and were willing to wait it out who did not get it (except in the UK where there was no PTS except for a couple super VIP). I am proof that it works. Of course I am getting a car almost two years after trying and 18 months after an order, but it goes into the body shop in less than two weeks.

People may complain about the price increase, but it has resolved a lot of the issues by aligning supply closer to demand. It also removed a lot of flipper bait as the PTS cars roll off the line more toward the end of the run (see no PTS on GT3RS yet).
Old 10-15-2018, 03:24 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,175 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

It is now for existing approved colors. Basically you pay and wait and you get PTS.

If you want a new color, you pay double and wait longer. I admit that is harder. I failed as I got caught up in the policy switch.

Sure, for special cars there is limited windows and availability, but even that is navigable. There are very few people even on GT3 who wanted PTS and were willing to wait it out who did not get it (except in the UK where there was no PTS except for a couple super VIP). I am proof that it works. Of course I am getting a car almost two years after trying and 18 months after an order, but it goes into the body shop in less than two weeks.

People may complain about the price increase, but it has resolved a lot of the issues by aligning supply closer to demand. It also removed a lot of flipper bait as the PTS cars roll off the line more toward the end of the run (see no PTS on GT3RS yet).
are dealers prickly about doing PTS like they are about euro delivery? I'm very serious about trying to get a PTS 992 ready for a fall pickup in germany next year but I've got a bad feeling about the dealer experience I'm about to have.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:47 PM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

After consulting Porsche Switzerland, I received this answer with regards to getting PTS in my new C4S 992:

“Of course, it is to be expected that the topic of individual colours / PTS will continue to be offered in the future. But we don't currently know when and in what availability. It is also to be expected that there will be new interior colours, and that the colours from the previous 991 will be discontinued. Towards the end of the year we will know more.”
Old 10-15-2018, 05:44 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DKST
After consulting Porsche Switzerland, I received this answer with regards to getting PTS in my new C4S 992:

“Of course, it is to be expected that the topic of individual colours / PTS will continue to be offered in the future. But we don't currently know when and in what availability. It is also to be expected that there will be new interior colours, and that the colours from the previous 991 will be discontinued. Towards the end of the year we will know more.”
hmmmm... I am excited for some new interior colors though..
Old 10-15-2018, 06:30 PM
pietrostone
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 31 Posts

For example 992 will have Leather Sport-Tex, black (also with Crayon stitching) "Checker Flag" ....
Old 10-16-2018, 12:38 AM
Michael1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DKST
Do you think, any of the following features currently available for Panamera / Cayenne will be available for the 992?
  • Park Assistant incl. Surround View (if you can't park)
  • Massage function for seats (unnecessary weight)
  • Porsche InnoDrive (toy...drive a Tesla)
  • Head-up Display (only for nerds)
I guess I am a nerd. I have a car with a HUD now. Very nice for keeping your eyes on the road, when you are trying to keep the car on the road in the twisties. It's especially nice for the tach display if you have a manual.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:44 AM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

I LOVE the HUD in my car. Once you are used to it it’s incredibly helpful. I’d prefer any car I buy now have one.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:20 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slc4s
are dealers prickly about doing PTS like they are about euro delivery? I'm very serious about trying to get a PTS 992 ready for a fall pickup in germany next year but I've got a bad feeling about the dealer experience I'm about to have.
I think it depends on the dealer. Mine was all about it. If you are ok with waiting and paying the $12k or so it is they should be fine. Maybe different in a state where a deposit is refundable. PTS is a headache but more money for the dealer whereas euro delivery costs them $3k and is also a headache.

My advice is to make it easy for them. Figure out EXACTLY what you want. Color, the paint code, model, options everything and walk with a deposit ready to go. I did that but I wanted a non-approved color. When that failed I was more indecisive then PTS opened up again and I was on it right away with color code etc. (there was an issue as to whether the color was metallic or not as the old list was wrong and my SA was like “is it metallic or uni?” I was like “I don’t know and don’t care, just order it.”). I think my SA asked me half a dozen times if I want to change options. I was like “nope!”
Old 10-18-2018, 02:22 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by evilfij

I think it depends on the dealer. Mine was all about it. If you are ok with waiting and paying the $12k or so it is they should be fine. Maybe different in a state where a deposit is refundable. PTS is a headache but more money for the dealer whereas euro delivery costs them $3k and is also a headache.

My advice is to make it easy for them. Figure out EXACTLY what you want. Color, the paint code, model, options everything and walk with a deposit ready to go. I did that but I wanted a non-approved color. When that failed I was more indecisive then PTS opened up again and I was on it right away with color code etc. (there was an issue as to whether the color was metallic or not as the old list was wrong and my SA was like “is it metallic or uni?” I was like “I don’t know and don’t care, just order it.”). I think my SA asked me half a dozen times if I want to change options. I was like “nope!”
thanks. Can't wait to see the standard interior colors available. I'd love to do an Irish Green car but if the right color brown/caramel/tan isn't standard I'm certainly not in the PTS + full exclusive interior tax bracket
Old 10-23-2018, 02:11 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slc4s
thanks. Can't wait to see the standard interior colors available. I'd love to do an Irish Green car but if the right color brown/caramel/tan isn't standard I'm certainly not in the PTS + full exclusive interior tax bracket
Well, if the options hold on 992 as with 991, leather to sample is reasonable on a normal 911 (or turbo). Current price is $5600 (compared to $3750 or so for regular leather and $5400 or so for espresso). Search and I have a thread on it in the 991 forum.

You will want a couple other bits, namely the dash leather package ($1750), but it is not like a GT car where full leather to sample is $30-50k.

That being said, I am sure you will see a brown or caramel. The cayenne and panny have “club leather” in cohiba and truffle. The full interior in cohiba in the panny I really like. It’s no ascot brown, but it nice.

Quick Reply: 992 - Nerd features