Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Allocations

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 11:22 PM
L76
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CM991
I have an allocation for October 7th delivery. There will be no MY '25 for the TTS. MY26 will see the 992.2 TTS with Summer arrival.
...and may she be a hybrid... so us lucky 992.1 owners can bask in our good fortune of the (last?) full ICE TT/S.

L76
Old 05-16-2024, 03:33 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Many of us don't like change especially as we get older but most adapt and eventually accept reality. Automobile manufacturers are smarter than consumers. I would venture to guess that the hybrid TTS will not have a problem attracting buyers who are willing to pay a premium for them. I doubt Porsche would put out a TT/TTS that is less desirable than the outgoing version. New models are always faster and better handling. This isn't a plug-in and hybrid technology for high performance vehicles are here to stay.
As I age, I am more appreciative of the older types putzing around in their classic cars. I know, I'm stuck in the 80s with hair bands and spandex!
Old 05-16-2024, 11:41 AM
L76
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Many of us don't like change especially as we get older but most adapt and eventually accept reality. Automobile manufacturers are smarter than consumers. I would venture to guess that the hybrid TTS will not have a problem attracting buyers who are willing to pay a premium for them. I doubt Porsche would put out a TT/TTS that is less desirable than the outgoing version. New models are always faster and better handling. This isn't a plug-in and hybrid technology for high performance vehicles are here to stay.
As I age, I am more appreciative of the older types putzing around in their classic cars. I know, I'm stuck in the 80s with hair bands and spandex!
Not a luddite, but I do have a few 1930s, 1960s, and older cars in the stable. Love to putz around. The hybrid tech for me (the enthusiast) makes personal maintenance, performance upgrades, cost of maintenance, and even perhaps use of the vehicle (e.g. cannot tow with a hybrid Cayenne) more challenging. I think electric hybrids (cars that could run how our diesel electric trains run) may ultimately "win the day" for the world. I could envision a small single piston diesel engine used to support an extremely long range electric motor in a car. e.g. 1 gallon of diesel to charge the electric motor as needed... and that electric motor providing a range of 5,000+ miles as the sole source of propulsion... seems possible to me given the efficiency of our trains.

Cheers,
L76

Quick Reply: Allocations