Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Thinking of selling my 2024 Turbo S, need help with pricing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 11:38 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 184 Posts

I'm not going to say the exact number out of respect for the buyer. I had my dealer broker the sale, the result of that is I get full tax credit on the Cayenne I'm ordering. My net result is well above original MSRP.

Last edited by Muhney; 04-28-2024 at 11:40 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Muhney:
js1ngh13 (04-28-2024), mashoutposse (04-28-2024), NEH51 (04-28-2024), Overdraft (05-02-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 11:01 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,609 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by Muhney
I'm not going to say the exact number out of respect for the buyer. I had my dealer broker the sale, the result of that is I get full tax credit on the Cayenne I'm ordering. My net result is well above original MSRP.
Nice. That was quick! And seems you got a great price. Congrats.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:09 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

So the car is gone. Yes I miss it already. There's no question the car wasn't the best fit for me. I loved the performance, didn't like the fact that I've been driving very little. Also didn't like the thought of having a 300k car sitting in the garage doing nothing. The crazy thing about a Turbo S is that very few owners will actually use the power it has, but we all like knowing it's there if we want it. I didn't like that every Tesla owner wanted to drag race me, my motto is I don't race against golf carts or bread boxes.
Loved the sound of the car. Loved the fit and finish. Loved my custom built car and all the boxes I checked, it turned out amazing. The really funny thing now is once you've had a Turbo S what in the heck do you replace it with? Nothing will measure up. I guess it's good I'm getting older and can say that I owned one. Enjoy your cars folks, they are amazing.

Last edited by Muhney; 05-02-2024 at 01:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Muhney:
chance6 (05-04-2024), kazerouni (05-04-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 11:58 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 965 Likes on 579 Posts

300k car needs to be drove and used, or what is the point?
The following 2 users liked this post by Angryinch:
kazerouni (05-04-2024), Muhney (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 01:09 AM
Breen
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

The crazy thing about a Turbo S is that very few owners will actually use the power it has.
I def don’t have this problem
The following 2 users liked this post by Breen:
grim sleeper (05-04-2024), Muhney (05-02-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 01:20 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 965 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by Breen
I def don’t have this problem
heheh, me either. Too much throttle, I am guilty.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:30 AM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
300k car needs to be drove and used, or what is the point?
No doubt.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:29 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 405 Posts

So the car is gone. Yes I miss it already. There's no question the car wasn't the best fit for me. I loved the performance, didn't like the fact that I've been driving very little. Also didn't like the thought of having a 300k car sitting in the garage doing nothing. The crazy thing about a Turbo S is that very few owners will actually use the power it has, but we all like knowing it's there if we want it. I didn't like that every Tesla owner wanted to drag race me, my motto is I don't race against golf carts or bread boxes.
Loved the sound of the car. Loved the fit and finish. Loved my custom built car and all the boxes I checked, it turned out amazing. The really funny thing now is once you've had a Turbo S what in the heck do you replace it with? Nothing will measure up. I guess it's good I'm getting older and can say that I owned one. Enjoy your cars folks, they are amazing.
I really only drive my turbo S on the weekends and sometimes due to weather or other circumstances I end up skipping a weekend. But when I do take it out, it’s for well over an hour and I drive it as hard as it can go. I mean, I’ve never brought it up to 200 mph but I able to really get on the thing in many different spots as far as hard pulls, speed, and cornering. I live in Florida so I can do this all year. I don’t know where you live. I suppose if i lived in Michigan or Maine or some place like that you only can do that about four months out of the year I’m not sure I would own one.

I am glad you have the money you wanted. That’s great news. Congrats
The following users liked this post:
HOTCHKIS (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 01:42 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Beyond TTS?

F8 or 296 GTB
Old 05-03-2024, 07:27 PM
HOTCHKIS
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Patton250
I really only drive my turbo S on the weekends and sometimes due to weather or other circumstances I end up skipping a weekend. But when I do take it out, it’s for well over an hour and I drive it as hard as it can go. I mean, I’ve never brought it up to 200 mph but I able to really get on the thing in many different spots as far as hard pulls, speed, and cornering. I live in Florida so I can do this all year. I don’t know where you live. I suppose if i lived in Michigan or Maine or some place like that you only can do that about four months out of the year I’m not sure I would own one.

I am glad you have the money you wanted. That’s great news. Congrats
Had mine up to 174 on a deserted Florida turnpike. It was real stable and didn't realize till I glanced down. On the autobahn they probably do this speed regularly and we're not used to it here in the states.

Last edited by HOTCHKIS; 05-03-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2024, 08:03 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 319 Posts

Sorry to see it go, but if it was not a good fit, so be it. Glad you are on a position to be able to make a choice. Not all us old folks can say he same :-) ….. but we somehow manage to stay in a 911 of one sort or another. No, a non TTS will not be the same, but you may be surprised. Give a try!

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my 2024 Turbo S, need help with pricing.