Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Any Less Obvious Tips & Pointers for New Owner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 11:12 AM
Hawk991_928
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSDDS
I was 0 for 5 yesterday. Will use the key too.
I’m running about 30% with the magic wave on my 991.1. It sounds like no progress has been made since then. It is a neat trick when it works. It will be interesting to see if it works better on my TTS when it arrives.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:12 PM
LukaC
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TKDbilly
Does that also make the ride stiffer? Roads here can be a bit rough.
Weirdly, in my experience no. I have SPASM on mine, and turn it on (setting the PDCC in sport mode) makes going over speed humps an almost ok experience. I leave it permanently activated.

Can't say I've noticed a massive difference in cornering, but it does improve daily driving comfort. Of course YMMV depending on what kind of roads you drive on.
The following users liked this post:
TKDbilly (05-04-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 07:17 AM
iso87
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Is there anyway to program out having to enter in my passcode every friggen time I want to access features on the screen?…drives me crazy.
Hey just thought about this today as I was changing some settings in PCM.

In PCM->Settings->Accounts->your-account do you have the setting checked "Don't required PIN to sign into account" or something along those lines? Maybe thats what's causing the problems for you.
Old 05-08-2024, 12:01 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,325 Likes on 2,460 Posts

Originally Posted by LukaC
Weirdly, in my experience no. I have SPASM on mine, and turn it on (setting the PDCC in sport mode) makes going over speed humps an almost ok experience. I leave it permanently activated.

Can't say I've noticed a massive difference in cornering, but it does improve daily driving comfort. Of course YMMV depending on what kind of roads you drive on.
PDCC is active sway bars, and it's always on. There are softer and firmer settings. Firmer setting is when the light is on. It doesn't make sense that the firmer setting would improve ride quality, unless reduction in the car feeling floaty is perceived as better ride quality.
Old 05-09-2024, 02:12 AM
michelc4
AutoX

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

By an anti-g suit
HOTCHKIS (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 02:14 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 913 Likes on 390 Posts

. . . I have several you can borrow from my USAF days. . . just need to figure out how to get a Porsche substitute for 9th stage turbine bleed air pressure!
Old 05-10-2024, 05:05 PM
TKDbilly
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

What about Launch Control; any tricks and any limit on how many times back to back or over some time limit?
Old 05-10-2024, 05:18 PM
kbkevin74
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

THAT IS THE BEST STATION
Old 05-10-2024, 07:07 PM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

What about Launch Control; any tricks and any limit on how many times back to back or over some time limit?
No this isn't a BMW

PDK is built tough so go at it

Here's an old video but a good one
TKDbilly (05-10-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 06:06 AM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

@Steve 96C4S excellent choice on the Grateful Dead channel 😃💀
[quote

[/QUOTE]
Old 05-12-2024, 07:00 PM
TKDbilly
Track Day

Default Picking up '24 TTS on Thursday from Dealer-Advice?

I will be picking up my '24 Turbo S on Thursday and wondered if this group has any suggestions on what I should expect from the dealer OR questions or guidance to ensure I fully apprised of my new car?
Old 05-12-2024, 09:23 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

I will be picking up my '24 Turbo S on Thursday and wondered if this group has any suggestions on what I should expect from the dealer OR questions or guidance to ensure I fully apprised of my new car?
congratulations on the up-and-coming car delivery. I would have them go over the PCM with you. If you’ve never had one of the current generations of PCM, it is a little confusing. You can always watch YouTube videos, but if there is somebody there to guide you through the initial set up and help you customize it to your liking it would greatly improve your experience. Also saves you some phone calls or searching on the Internet for answers.

Hopefully, they will do the Porsche delivery thing with you, including taking off the car cover, etc. If that’s what you want. I enjoyed it.
Old 05-12-2024, 09:33 PM
TKDbilly
Track Day

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
congratulations on the up-and-coming car delivery. I would have them go over the PCM with you. If you’ve never had one of the current generations of PCM, it is a little confusing. You can always watch YouTube videos, but if there is somebody there to guide you through the initial set up and help you customize it to your liking it would greatly improve your experience. Also saves you some phone calls or searching on the Internet for answers.

Hopefully, they will do the Porsche delivery thing with you, including taking off the car cover, etc. If that’s what you want. I enjoyed it.
Great suggestion. I will include that in my checklist. Unfortunately, I am having ppf and ceramic so they were already moving to get that done. That said, I would have preferred they call me to see the car when it first arrived. They didn't.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:56 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Good Luck with the new turbo....

- if its a cab use the convertible top frequently...when doing so check that the rear windows work as they should - sometimes misalignment causes the top to not do what it should - easy dealer fix
- use the sport and sport+ mode exercising the spoiler functionality - driver motors and control units are often troublesome - parts can take weeks to arrive
- manually use the spoilers just testing them and making sure they function as they should
- use the seat pull straps to tilt the seat forward allowing access to the rear - mine needed replacement on both seats, not allowing access (annoying) to the back seat - warranty of course, but again parts can take time to arrive
- ask about the ground strap update - although i'd bet its a non-issue now...it was an official recall - but a real inconvenience if not done (needed a tow)
- have dealer (or DIY) install a pigtail on the battery for your battery trickle charger - not needed if you use the car frequently - footwell plug for charging has been unreliable
- Porsche battery charger hasn't been great...most use CTEK, Battery Tender (Deltran) or any good LifPo4 charger either directly to the battery (alligator clips) or PigTail
- radar detector is needed / helpful, but getting the power cord up to the mirror area isn't the easiest thing to do, but not beyond most people's determination
- depending on where you are located, watch the potholes and check/keep tire pressures set to your liking - a tad higher psi might be helpful
- door lock works by resting your finger on the door handle sensor not swiping it - or use the key fob
- enable comfort access (as nimski62 states) so the door handles open for you as you approach - there are times it doesn't work as expected but its thought the system has to "wake up"
- put key fob away from the car if you wash the car yourself - the frunk opens if you move your hand over the front section of the hood
- find the button to turn on the heated steering wheel - bottom of 6 o'clock steering wheel spoke
- read manual on how to open frunk by hooking a battery charger to the fuse box if the battery dies
- have key fob batteries (both keys) replaced at 1yr service appt - or keep an extra in glove box (along with manual instructions on how to replace the fob battery)

- drive it a lot - it is very rewarding & extremely capable - enjoy it

2021 TTS Cab - 36,000 miles - 3rd set of tires
The following 4 users liked this post by RD16RR:
eclou (05-14-2024), js1ngh13 (05-13-2024), Magic_TurboS (05-13-2024), Victory911 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 10:57 AM
TKDbilly
Track Day

Originally Posted by RD16RR
Good Luck with the new turbo....

- if its a cab use the convertible top frequently...when doing so check that the rear windows work as they should - sometimes misalignment causes the top to not do what it should - easy dealer fix
- use the sport and sport+ mode exercising the spoiler functionality - driver motors and control units are often troublesome - parts can take weeks to arrive
- manually use the spoilers just testing them and making sure they function as they should
- use the seat pull straps to tilt the seat forward allowing access to the rear - mine needed replacement on both seats, not allowing access (annoying) to the back seat - warranty of course, but again parts can take time to arrive
- ask about the ground strap update - although i'd bet its a non-issue now...it was an official recall - but a real inconvenience if not done (needed a tow)
- have dealer (or DIY) install a pigtail on the battery for your battery trickle charger - not needed if you use the car frequently - footwell plug for charging has been unreliable
- Porsche battery charger hasn't been great...most use CTEK, Battery Tender (Deltran) or any good LifPo4 charger either directly to the battery (alligator clips) or PigTail
- radar detector is needed / helpful, but getting the power cord up to the mirror area isn't the easiest thing to do, but not beyond most people's determination
- depending on where you are located, watch the potholes and check/keep tire pressures set to your liking - a tad higher psi might be helpful
- door lock works by resting your finger on the door handle sensor not swiping it - or use the key fob
- enable comfort access (as nimski62 states) so the door handles open for you as you approach - there are times it doesn't work as expected but its thought the system has to "wake up"
- put key fob away from the car if you wash the car yourself - the frunk opens if you move your hand over the front section of the hood
- find the button to turn on the heated steering wheel - bottom of 6 o'clock steering wheel spoke
- read manual on how to open frunk by hooking a battery charger to the fuse box if the battery dies
- have key fob batteries (both keys) replaced at 1yr service appt - or keep an extra in glove box (along with manual instructions on how to replace the fob battery)

- drive it a lot - it is very rewarding & extremely capable - enjoy it

2021 TTS Cab - 36,000 miles - 3rd set of tires
Wow, excellent feedback @RD16RR! Valuable experience! Thank you and I too hope to continue with helping others with these amazing cars and craftsmanship!

Quick Reply: Any Less Obvious Tips & Pointers for New Owner?