Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 Turbo S Rattle Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 05:40 PM
AAO992
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 992 Turbo S Rattle Help

I have a 2023 992 Turbo S with about 6K miles. For the past 2 months I have noticed a rattle that has gotten progressively worse coming from the rear right back of the car. It is made worse with rougher roads and uneven surfaces and if i turn either direction a creaking noise will occur. The rattle seems to be high pitched. The car has soundproofing done by an audio shop throughout with dynamat and foam. I have taken it to the local dealer and they said it was a seat belt that was loose. They tightened it up and I got the car back and there is not much improvement. I have read nurmerous threads that about different rattles on here and I cant seem to figure it out. I have taken apart the back and the C pillar several times as well as the carpet to see if I can locate the rattle/creak and I am unable to do so. I have put some sound deadened material and noise cancelling foam throughout the right rear quarter panel and the noise has decreased but it still present, especially the creaking which is reproducible with steering in either direction. I have ridden in the back of the car when somebody else drives and again confirmed that there are no other areas making this noise. I am not sure what to do at this point. I cannot find anything loose in the cabin. Another concern wound be is there a suspension issue or motor mount?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 02-26-2024, 07:37 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

Without hearing it I wonder if you and I have the same issue, granted mine is in a 2023 GTS coupe. A fellow TTS @Muffdiever owner posted their issue on the following thread (see below):

Audio of Rear rattle/tick new 2024 tts - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Don't know if this is your issue, but thought I'd share. I also commented on the above thread with a link to a video of my issue for an additional resource. Hopefully he/she got it resolved and can share exactly what the dealer had to do to resolve it.

Last edited by TexasIowan; 02-26-2024 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:53 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Mine started doing it this afternoon and I haven't taken anything apart in the car.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:26 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 92 Posts

my23 tts. i had a rattle at the right rear that was pretty bad esp on uneven roads. took it to the dealer and drove around with a master tech. we quickly identified it to be the interior panel/plastic above the front passenger seat belt. they popped it out and added some material to the panel to dampen it. totally gone now and done under warranty.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:42 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
my23 tts. i had a rattle at the right rear that was pretty bad esp on uneven roads. took it to the dealer and drove around with a master tech. we quickly identified it to be the interior panel/plastic above the front passenger seat belt. they popped it out and added some material to the panel to dampen it. totally gone now and done under warranty.
At least in my case I wish it was that simple given before my motor mounts were replaced (thought that was the issue but not anymore) the dealer started in the interior and had no luck resolving. It sounds like it’s pretty far back in the right rear corner. It starts as a ticking on uneven roads and in some cases turns into a squeak. Also the issue is temperature related and was minimal when the temps dropped for winter, but given it was over 90 here in Dallas yesterday it’s back with a vengeance!
Old 02-28-2024, 11:56 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by TexasIowan
At least in my case I wish it was that simple given before my motor mounts were replaced (thought that was the issue but not anymore) the dealer started in the interior and had no luck resolving. It sounds like it’s pretty far back in the right rear corner. It starts as a ticking on uneven roads and in some cases turns into a squeak. Also the issue is temperature related and was minimal when the temps dropped for winter, but given it was over 90 here in Dallas yesterday it’s back with a vengeance!
When I first bought my car I thought I had issues with something in the back rattling and squeaking, turned out to be the sunroof seals were sliding around on each other making the noise. It does it more in when it is hot than cold because the rubber changes properties when it is cooler. Try going for a drive and raising the sunroof up off of the seals and see if it goes away. If it does then buy some silicone grease and grease all the way around the seas on both sides, that fixed that issue for me. I now have a different unrelated noise I am trying to track down.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:28 AM
AAO992
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a month at Porsche it ended up being the motor mounts. Both were replaced and the rattle/creaking noise is gone. I did not have any warnings or faults at all regarding them. I have driven about 75 miles and so far so good.
The following users liked this post:
kurquhart (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 10:10 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Originally Posted by AAO992
After a month at Porsche it ended up being the motor mounts. Both were replaced and the rattle/creaking noise is gone. I did not have any warnings or faults at all regarding them. I have driven about 75 miles and so far so good.
that's good that yours is fixed now. Mine does it every once in a while but not constant enough to take it in yet, I have 3800 miles on mine.

Quick Reply: 992 Turbo S Rattle Help