Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2024 992 TTS Coupe Build Input?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 08:23 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailmorc
You've talked me out of the black exterior/interior, confirming my hesitation about it. I like the gentian blue but wife's taycan S is that color. The exterior green isn't available as I mentioned, so now I'm thinking the Agate Grey metallic exterior. What interior would complement the agate grey? Grey/grey looks very plain.

Those that advocate losing the front axle lift and adding sport suspension: Don't you have issues with the parking lot bumpers scraping in the front?
You can do black/bordeaux or truffle brown or tan or black. Any color interior pairs well with agate. It would look killer with black/bordeaux IMO.

That's why you get surround view.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:35 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 71 Posts

Agate grey with black dash and chalk seats. That will look awesome and break up too much grey.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:36 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

Aventurine green is nice, with gloss black accents, not sure if it’s on there or not anymore.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:37 AM
iso87
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailmorc
I'm in the middle of placing my order, replacing my 2017 911 Turbo Cab.
Here is my current build. I'd like to tap into the experience of this group regarding my choices.
Please feel free to offer any suggestions for options to add (or delete).
Many thanks for any advice!

Jet Black metallic

20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels (std)

Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red

Ventilated Seats (Front)

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory (std)

Under Door Puddle Light Projectors

Exclusive Design Fuel Cap

Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass

Front Axle Lift System

Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black

Power Steering Plus

8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) (Std)

LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass

Porsche Crest on Headrests

Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist and 3D Surround

Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)

Smoking Package

Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
How about window trim in high gloss black? I think the standard trim lets the overall appearance down. Some folks also do intakes in high gloss black or body colour.

I have not opted for InnoDrive, ACC or ALK - have that in the boring cars. Like to enjoy driving the 911 myself!

I also find the Line change assist not that useful, for me it's placed incorrectly, I preferred how it was done in 991 as it was easier to spot it.

+1 to not getting the lift - you really have pretty great clearance and I avoid high kerbs anyway because of the wheels. Don't have SPASM which reduces the clearance by 10mm. Also makes the ride firmer. Does look better though.

If you'd like some inspiration check the Autogespot website, there are 100s of different interior/exterior configurations photographed there.

Last edited by iso87; 11-28-2023 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Lift feedback + autogespot
Old 11-29-2023, 09:24 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

OMG.... so many options. Too many options. Too many interior/exterior color combos. I'd go through pages and pages of pics on Rennlist and just come up with a build and go for it. Leather visors are KILLER, love them so much. Burmester is KILLER, would never build a Turbo S without them.

I would only get a black interior, but that's just me. Other colors will look dirty a bit, after a few years or many years. I've found black stays clean looking forever, on other cars I've had. I'm keeping mine forever.

I LOVE my front axle lift, SO glad I got it. I use it all the time in Maryland on various locations that have horrible angles of garage, parking lots, etc.

Get as much stuff on it as you can afford, I went all out and was so nervous about spending the money, I watch every penny. Glad I did, now.

No one will fully agree with anything you choose here, just pick out options and then, let it go and order the car. Like, I would never use cruise control, adaptive cruise control, innodrive, etc. I never use any of that stuff on any car. But maybe you would.

Old 11-29-2023, 12:11 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

Leather on the steering wheel column is nice because you see it all the time.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:40 PM
kbkevin74
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I just got my 24 TTS delivered in September my ext was in chalk but black is great. I went with the carbon fiber roof and all the carbon fiber ext options available. I also added the sport design package which I am happy I added that. The one thing you should def get if not adding after market pipes is the sport exhaust. The other thing you need to do once you get it is make sure to tint your windows and windshield as dark as you can it just makes it look great. Not sure your state legal limit but I went past mine and it just makes the car pop.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:14 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Tinting windows really dark is simply dangerous. At night everything inside the car reflects on the glass like a mirror. I always install one step darker than clear and that still makes the car windows look dark from the outside and yet does not act like a mirror inside.The Problem with the heritage interiors or Corduroy interior - you cannot spec ventilated seats. Which I use here in calif in all my various Porsche vehicles.

i don’t have the lift option on any of my cars - even my 24’ GT3 and I never scrape on driveways but I always drive over at a steep angle and my wife has learned to do this also.

the surround view is very important as I program the self program button on the steering wheel to open up the surround view and I use this everytime I park and I have trained my wife as well. Check any car with the lift and the front ends are almost always chunked up as that lift lulls drivers into complacency. Even have my wife trained to turn on the cameras when parking. Odds of wives using front end lift is near zero but the camera view they appreciate.

I have an order request demand in with several dealers but I told them I won’t take an allocation for a turbo s cab that does not have the electric steering column. Porsche nixed the electric column on my 23’ Panamera 4 executive and on my 911 T - very annoying. Much easier ingress and egress when the column moves back and up. And it is a moral issue - a $300,000 luxury vehicles should absolutely have an electric column for God’s sake. My old ford flex has an electric column and my 23’ corvette c8 does also.

porsche should at least find a way to install an electric column on a turbo s. Almost any new vehicle over $50,000 has an electric column. One some of the 718 models I saw Porsche was charging for an electric column setup but they claim they can’t deliver ?

Last thought- I really like the gloss black on porsche vehicles really makes the car look special.

The flat black plastic exterior pieces just look cheap on a luxury touring car - I really like the lane change assist- if it helps you avoid one accident to your $250,000 toy this is well worth the extra cost.

Same with the lane keep - this has kept me in my lane if I. Become distracted- cheap insurance policy.

if your car gets smashed even if repaired it is worth less and if totaled it could take years to get a replacement allocation vehicle. And could save your life in that small tinny car.

Old 11-30-2023, 04:24 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,672 Likes on 1,255 Posts

I’d skip the Power Steering Plus option because it’s just not needed. I have the lightweight glass option and while it does cut down on external noises, the cost to replace that windshield is astronomical. Mine broke and Porsche replaced it (no physical damage) but I saw the bill for that window and if it ever gets broken by a stone or what ever, it’ll be on my nickel
Old 11-30-2023, 06:46 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Thats a solid basic build. I'd lose the innodrive as I find LKA annoying and add surround view.

Sun visors in leather is something I would get. I touch them a lot and was always annoyed when I felt the standard vinyl ones.

Oh and the Matrix headlights are 50/50 for me. I only wanted them cause I knew I'd get them hacked. On the other hand it's a turbo. Sorta chintzy not to have them for resale and such.
+1 on the leather visors and do the leather steering column as well. Invested two hours the weekend I took delivery and removed the visor warning stickers in yellow which has surprising impact on the cabin. I would be painting everything I could in body colour…side skirts, mirrors, fender intakes, rear fascia, d vents, front slats and vertical blades too. I even got the reflectors in body colour from Bumperplug…oh and the Porsche Design clock is a nice touch.

The following 2 users liked this post by Overdraft:
kurquhart (11-30-2023), Steve 96C4S (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 01:09 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,814 Likes on 1,507 Posts

In FL, I'd choose sliding sunroof in metal instead of glass....
Old 11-30-2023, 05:33 PM
roche
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish would have ordered deviated stitching and the Buemeister audio. I'm kinda disappointed in the Bose.

I am glad I did the FAL; I find myself using it more that I expected.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:45 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Look at the Heritage interior, the cloth centers will be cooler than leather ( not as cool as ventilated ) and you get more of the leather bits as well.
Agree with Angrygrinch on the driving aids, FAL & Burmeister can use that money elsewhere in your budget.
I am happy with both the PASM & sport exhaust, I have no plans on doing any aftermarket changes with those.
Leather sun visors absolutely and any of the areas you touch all the time are nicer in leather. +1 on the body color pieces per Overdraft.
My opinion only.........
Old 11-30-2023, 06:00 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Bose stereo is okay-- but this is the cheapest I have seen the Burmeister offered-- in the Panamera it is about twice as expensive as an upgrade. THis cars ethos is a luxury over the top everything executive vehicle -- unlike a track GT3.

I like the convertible cabriolet model as well - but I have other Porsche vehicles with a sunroof or the Targa roof and no sunroof- so the cabriolet rounds out the little collection. The metal sunroof is really a nice option - I have that on my 992 T -- and it also lets you add the roof racks as well which can be very useful. I just took delivery today of the gloss rooftop box -- which would be nice for long trips.

THere are no wrong decisions-- except -- yellow car with a red interior -- my friend ordered that combo and he realizes it is the colors for Ronald McDonald.

Why isn't the PTS color pallet available for the Turbo S -- seems like the one model that this would make the most sense -- even more so than the track tool cars like the GT cars or GTS or even the S.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:35 PM
084runnerltd
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 35 Posts

FYI: OP I submitted my build yesterday and I was unable to add leather or racetex on the visors.

I should clarify, I was able to enter them in the build, but my dealership called and said Porsche is currently not letting people order leather or racetex visors.