Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

2024 992 TTS Coupe Build Input?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 12:36 PM
Sailmorc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2024 992 TTS Coupe Build Input?

I'm in the middle of placing my order, replacing my 2017 911 Turbo Cab.
Here is my current build. I'd like to tap into the experience of this group regarding my choices.
Please feel free to offer any suggestions for options to add (or delete).
Many thanks for any advice!

Jet Black metallic

20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels20"/21" 911 Turbo S Wheels (std)

Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red

Ventilated Seats (Front)

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory (std)

Under Door Puddle Light Projectors

Exclusive Design Fuel Cap

Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass

Front Axle Lift System

Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black

Power Steering Plus

8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) (Std)

LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

Lightweight and Noise Insulated Glass

Porsche Crest on Headrests

Remote ParkAssist incl. Lane Change Assist and 3D Surround

Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)

Smoking Package

Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System

Last edited by Sailmorc; 11-26-2023 at 01:19 PM. Reason: correct the formatting
Old 11-26-2023, 02:44 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 582 Posts

nice build
suggest another leather choice . Not personally crazy about blk/red combo . To my eyes always looks warn out
heritage interior will look great with black
Old 11-26-2023, 02:49 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Thats a solid basic build. I'd lose the innodrive as I find LKA annoying and add surround view.

Sun visors in leather is something I would get. I touch them a lot and was always annoyed when I felt the standard vinyl ones.

Oh and the Matrix headlights are 50/50 for me. I only wanted them cause I knew I'd get them hacked. On the other hand it's a turbo. Sorta chintzy not to have them for resale and such.

Last edited by Shogunade; 11-26-2023 at 02:55 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
iso87 (11-26-2023), Just J (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 02:50 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

My input:

1. the LW glass, it’s expensive to replace and you’re not saving much weight without the rest of the LW pkg. issues with it cracking in GT forum too. (I have it as part of the LW pkg)

2. All the drivers aids, not really necessary on this little car. I don’t have a single one and have never thought about any of them once. (It’s a sports car?)

3. Power steering plus, don’t think it’s needed at all. Along with FAL. I don’t have FAL and have some terrible roads and inclines, approaching at a bit of an angle, I’ve never scrapped anything and my car has the sport suspension so it’s lower too.

The sport suspension is a nice add so the front end doesn’t look like a monster truck.

The red interior can get old after a while. Consider the heritage interior or some deviated stitching? Subjective

The stock Bose stereo sounds great to me, the upgraded stereo seems expensive for what it is, depending on your needs. I have never once thought the Bose was lacking.

Search on here there is tons of posts and info, lots to consider. Have fun!

Last edited by Angryinch; 11-26-2023 at 02:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Boucherom (11-27-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 02:58 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Angry makes good points about the LW glass and the SPASM.

As for the interior I think he's sticking to a budget. Deviated or especially heritage are big ticket line items. And personally, suggesting interior color is like telling them you don't like their nose. Haha.
Old 11-26-2023, 03:06 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

If you get rid of those driver aids, the stereo, FAL, etc, you got room to spice up the interior more. (If working within a budget)

The only reason I mention the red is because my first build and instinct originally had the red interior too. I wanted something different, but it’s actually pretty red in real life and not so much that darker red wine color.

Being black I see you want something different inside. That’s why I said heritage, but you will lose the ventilated seats with heritage.
Old 11-26-2023, 04:43 PM
Sailmorc
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Please keep 'em coming.
I'm really struggling with the interior/exterior colors. My first exterior choice was the green but my dealer says it's not available for my build cycle and would delay my delivery by a couple months.
I hadn't realized the red interior was RED RED rather than the darker wine-like burgandy. The chalk stitching does help somewhat. Being in Florida, I feel I need the ventilated seats, which eliminates the possibility of the Heritage interior.
Due to the comments, I'm about the lose the lightweight glass and the front axle lift, then add the sports suspension and leather visors. I'm still undecided about the driver aid packages. I definitely want the Burmeister and the adaptive cruise control.
Old 11-26-2023, 05:28 PM
BenDiem
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts

My two cents, since you asked; live in Midwest & stay in FL during winter months.
A blk exterior & even a blk interior car in FL is an absolute no go for me. My OCD can’t handle the exterior upkeep & heat soaked interior. YMMV.
Cheers/B
ggreg911 (12-07-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 05:29 PM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 90 Posts

Racetex sun visors will match the roof, you can also add seatbelt outlets in racetex which will then match the roof and pillars.

I did black interior with red stitching and seat belts and red tachometer and clock which helped to add a little colour to the black interior.
I also added the carbon fibre seat backs and am very happy with this also.

I didn’t order power steering plus but my car came with it at no charge so not sure what that’s about but maybe it just gets added without ordering on the TTS because of the four wheel steering.

I did order Burmeester and don’t really notice a difference from the Bose in my previous 911.

I didn’t really want the FAL due to cost, complexity and weight but did go with it and have needed it several times so no regrets, glad I added it.

I am happy I got the Sport Package which is the only way to get the wheels that I liked and the carbon fibre roof, side view mirrors and window triangles look amazing and I don’t miss the sun roof which I had on my previous 911.

Extended leather really looks good in these cars.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:02 PM
Sailmorc
Intermediate

How about Gentian Blue metallic exterior w/graphite blue w/chalk stitching for the interior?
Old 11-26-2023, 06:08 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 71 Posts

Stupid but small point. Order the aluminum pdk shifter. The standard all black one just kind of looks/ feels cheaper. Personal preference
Steve 96C4S (11-29-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 07:43 PM
Ice9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your spec is a solid hit and run to first base but why not live a little?

The greens look great, especially the Olive Greens and even the British racing green. Personally Id be willing to wait a couple of months to get that right.

With green you can mellow out on the interior color and look at the Beige/Couio type leathers.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:07 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Some excellent advice here. I agree with passing on Innodrive and FAL.

Might as well pass on SPASM because most of us do lowering springs anyway

By the same token could pass on the sport exhaust bc most of us replace the exhaust anyway (you'd have to keep the quad tips which to me looks great anyway)

Splurge on the interior - its what you see and interface with 99% of the time. I'd consider extended leather on dash and doors, steering column. I'd consider deviated stitching too.

I'd keep Burmester just bc the speaker grills look better lol, but the sound is better

No matter what you're gonna love it bc you ordered it to your liking. Don't order for the next guy
Old 11-26-2023, 09:10 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Go check out the bordeaux interior. To my eye it isn't at all red red but more wine, burrgundy colored. I'm sure your local dealer has more than one car on the lot with that optioned. Black is sooooo ubiquitous. If you want to make yours uniquely yours I'd 100% recommend against black.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:51 PM
Sailmorc
Intermediate

You've talked me out of the black exterior/interior, confirming my hesitation about it. I like the gentian blue but wife's taycan S is that color. The exterior green isn't available as I mentioned, so now I'm thinking the Agate Grey metallic exterior. What interior would complement the agate grey? Grey/grey looks very plain.

Those that advocate losing the front axle lift and adding sport suspension: Don't you have issues with the parking lot bumpers scraping in the front?