Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

MY24 992 TTS New Build - Appreciate your advice!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 03:17 PM
Allora
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Paint the black plastic in GB, it looks cheaper otherwise IMO.

Be aware you will want to wrap the GB at a minimum as it will rock chip easily.
Yup, that's definitely the plan! It looks like the rear side intakes take a hit!
Old 10-30-2023, 03:58 PM
Allora
AutoX

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I have the same interior colour grey/ ivory and I love it! I tried to get extended leather but there was a ‘stop sale’ on that option when mine went to production. I ended up getting everything else I could in leather such as the steering column and sun visors. I will order extended leather again next one for sure but the car I have is not the worst thing I ever sat in 🙂. While I agree we don’t look at the car when driving, I love looking at it in my garage or out of my study window so I opted for every paint option I could get (mirrors/ intakes/ rear quarter vents, rear fascia and front slats in gloss black….tried for painted sport design which was again ‘stop sale’at the time. If you are on the fence on any option, you will never be sorry that you took it…so take it..the extra euro or two will lost while you are looking at your dealer added options/ charges and asking - “what is that prep charge ?…and what is that admin fee and…?”…
Sage advice right here - I'll likely leave the spec as is (ie. all leather options ticked) and just may remove the black calipers as they seem to "disappear" behind the wheels rather than the pop of the "standard" yellow PCCBs.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:34 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Allora
Yup, that's definitely the plan! It looks like the rear side intakes take a hit!
The side skirts where they kick out at the rear wheels take a beating too.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:15 PM
joedughman
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Just saw pics of your interior. How are you able to get different colors on the steering wheel, arm rest and seats?
Old 02-13-2024, 01:27 PM
Allora
AutoX

Originally Posted by joedughman
Just saw pics of your interior. How are you able to get different colors on the steering wheel, arm rest and seats?
It's the Leather (two tone) Slate-Grey & Chalk option.

It wasn't on my radar until I saw it in person on an Agate-Grey TTS. Taking delivery of my new ride next Friday so excited to see how it looks with Aventurine Green!
Old 02-13-2024, 05:02 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

great spec. for me, the only thing with lighter color interior is the potential color transfer from pants to the leather/alcantara. i like to wear jeans a lot and denim color in my experience will transfer noticeably esp in warmer/humid climates. just need to maintain it...and not really an issue if the car is minimally driven. my cars see a lot of miles...

Last edited by sensei_tts; 02-13-2024 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:43 PM
Allora
AutoX

Cheers! It's the first time I've moved away from black leather interior. I’ve arranged for a leather sealant to be applied by a first-class detailing firm I trust before I take delivery…but yeah, it’ll need to be maintained, especially with all the road trips planned from early April onwards!

Quick Reply: MY24 992 TTS New Build - Appreciate your advice!