Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Advices for Turbo S configuration

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 08:21 PM
JGL07
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advices for Turbo S configuration

Hello everybody, this is my very first post. After being 11 months on the waiting list for a Turbo S allocation I got the desired call from my SA couple of weeks ago. It will be the first Porsche that I buy brand new and I´m looking for some advices, this is my code: PPKG3CX8

I am especially looking for your advice on matching ext/int colors. Usually the exterior color is chosen first and the interior simply depends on it, but this time it is the opposite. Since the heritage cognac interior appeared on the MY23 configurator I fell in love with it so its a must for me. I think that Aventurine Green goes very well with the cognac interior but green is not my color so I am open to receive recommendations

Thanks in advance
Old 08-31-2022, 12:08 AM
ss2z06
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks like a beautiful build. My understanding is the sport package in high gloss black was put on order block. Is it now being accepted? I would suggest the burmeister sound system. I absolutely love it and very happy that I got it.
The following users liked this post:
JGL07 (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 07:36 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 595 Posts

I have same interior and my exterior color is GT silver .But white is always good. I did not chose it because my current 992 is white
Chalk also will look great
I honestly don't think these cars need FAL
The following users liked this post:
JGL07 (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 10:14 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ss2z06
Looks like a beautiful build. My understanding is the sport package in high gloss black was put on order block. Is it now being accepted? I would suggest the burmeister sound system. I absolutely love it and very happy that I got it.
Thanks for your response. I have not heard that the sport package was unavailable at this moment, will ask that to my SA. Thanks also for the Burmester recomendation, it's something I was hesitant about because I didn't know if it was worth it, but I’m considering it.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:19 PM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts

Love the cognac heritage interior. Looks great with white. You have a solid build
Old 09-01-2022, 01:09 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by pitt911
I have same interior and my exterior color is GT silver .But white is always good. I did not chose it because my current 992 is white
Chalk also will look great
I honestly don't think these cars need FAL
Yours sounds like a nice combination, I was considering it but sincerely doubted about how well cognac would combine with the silver GT.
I also was thinking about Gentian Blue but concluded that it doesn’t harmonize either with the cognac.
When is your delivery expected? It would be nice to see some photos.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:13 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by djlynch
Love the cognac heritage interior. Looks great with white. You have a solid build
Love it too! In my case that was the only positive thing to have received a MY23 allocation instead of a MY22. The wait was worth it.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:51 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,489 Likes on 2,821 Posts

Originally Posted by JGL07
Hello everybody, this is my very first post. After being 11 months on the waiting list for a Turbo S allocation I got the desired call from my SA couple of weeks ago. It will be the first Porsche that I buy brand new and I´m looking for some advices, this is my code: PPKG3CX8

I am especially looking for your advice on matching ext/int colors. Usually the exterior color is chosen first and the interior simply depends on it, but this time it is the opposite. Since the heritage cognac interior appeared on the MY23 configurator I fell in love with it so its a must for me. I think that Aventurine Green goes very well with the cognac interior but green is not my color so I am open to receive recommendations

Thanks in advance
I think heritage interior will well go with white, silver, red, green, black. It's a pretty versatile interior color.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:54 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Color is so subjective. I suggest you go to the dealer and look at all the combos for yourself. There are plenty of cars here configured that I would throw up on while others think it is greatest looking car ever.

Your taste, your choice. Enjoy the ride.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:23 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,698 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Nice! My preference would be for the Aventurine Green, but that's entirely subjective on my part.
One thing I would add is what Porsche calls the "Smoking Package". It's a no-cost option. Even if you don't smoke, it makes for an excellent container for whatever and/or minor trash items.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:13 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by rk-d
I think heritage interior will well go with white, silver, red, green, black. It's a pretty versatile interior color.
Thanks for your response, although I also think cognac is a versatile color there are some combinations that don’t completely convince me, thanks for confirming that white makes a good match
Old 09-02-2022, 03:15 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Color is so subjective. I suggest you go to the dealer and look at all the combos for yourself. There are plenty of cars here configured that I would throw up on while others think it is greatest looking car ever.

Your taste, your choice. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks for your advice, I already went to the dealership, however, since the heritage interior is new they still didn’t have any samples of it. However I agree with you that colors are such a subjective thing.

Last edited by JGL07; 09-02-2022 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-02-2022, 03:22 AM
JGL07
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Nice! My preference would be for the Aventurine Green, but that's entirely subjective on my part.
One thing I would add is what Porsche calls the "Smoking Package". It's a no-cost option. Even if you don't smoke, it makes for an excellent container for whatever and/or minor trash items.
Thanks for the tip, since I don't smoke, I hadn't paid attention to that option. I already checked my country’s configurator and it costs around 70 dollars, do you consider that it is still worth it for that cost?
Old 09-02-2022, 10:37 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by JGL07
Thanks for the tip, since I don't smoke, I hadn't paid attention to that option. I already checked my country’s configurator and it costs around 70 dollars, do you consider that it is still worth it for that cost?
What country charges $70?
Also a non-smoker and it was a NC option when I ordered it with my car.
Not worth $70 IMO.

Quick Reply: Advices for Turbo S configuration