H&R, Techart - any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 05:43 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by rivma13
Negative, this is not an installation issue. It was installed at one of most reputable shops in SoCal, they do this for living. Installing springs is not rocket science either. I believe that it is a design issue with this Tech Art sport springs specifically...
bring it to the dealership or another shop to inspect the installation. Just saying, it isn't rocket science but the rear has a spring clip that can be installed in different positions based on the length of the springs which is dependent if you have PASM or not. If the spring clip is placed in the wrong spot there wouldn't be enough pre-load on the springs through the length of travel and you would get clunking noises on occasion
Old 04-11-2023, 05:47 PM
rivma13
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
bring it to the dealership or another shop to inspect the installation. Just saying, it isn't rocket science but the rear has a spring clip that can be installed in different positions based on the length of the springs which is dependent if you have PASM or not. If the spring clip is placed in the wrong spot there wouldn't be enough pre-load on the springs through the length of travel and you would get clunking noises on occasion
thank you, however, 90% of the noise is coming from the front struts…
Old 01-12-2024, 02:35 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Negative, this is not an installation issue. It was installed at one of most reputable shops in SoCal, they do this for living. Installing springs is not rocket science either. I believe that it is a design issue with this Tech Art sport springs specifically...
What shop?
Old 01-12-2024, 03:47 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

another option is coilovers to get the desired ride height and to properluy lower imo. when it's time, i'll go with the bilsteins that retain factory pasm and are compatible with fal.
The following users liked this post:
rustyk (01-13-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 08:18 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts

thank you, however, 90% of the noise is coming from the front struts…
My son and I are in the car modification business in Southern California. Bumper2Bumper.com. We are Techart dealers. We lowered my 2022 TTS with Techart HAS and have had not only a pretty bad choppy ride, but also the annoying clunking the poster refers to. We had the dealer take a look, and we also sent detailed photo’s to Techart, who recommended a slight modification. We uninstalled and reinstalled the springs raising the height 1/2 inch and implementing the suggestions that Techart made. All of this made absolute no difference.

it’s driving me absolutely crazy. I’m a big car guy and have lowered 20 cars in the past. The is by far the worst ride and first ever clunking I’ve experienced. By comparison, my F8 Tribuno dropped on Novitec HAS and is perfectly silent and the ride quality is incredible. Please give me your thoughts. We’re all ears.

Old 01-16-2024, 08:40 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,086 Posts

This really shouldn't be occurring. Go back to stock. No clunks. Install a new set of Techart HAS. Go from there. If no clunks, you had a faulty set. Send it back.
The following users liked this post:
eclou (01-17-2024)

Quick Reply: H&R, Techart - any thoughts?