Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

H&R, Techart - any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022, 03:50 PM
wotaskd
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 117 Posts
Default H&R, Techart - any thoughts?

So, I’m considering whether to go with H&R or Techart springs. I’m leaning toward Techart as it seems to give more granular control of height, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Also, I’m curious if anyone here has experienced issues (specially those with FAL) like getting into limp mode when dropping the suspension. I approached a few local installers and one of them voiced concern about doing this for the 992 platform as they had a few hit-or-miss experiences.

My car has regular PASM and FAL, and I plan to add aftermarket wheels later on, but I’m just changing offsets and will stick to 20/21 rims.

Cheers!
Old 02-16-2022, 04:48 PM
boukalo75
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default techart

Originally Posted by wotaskd
So, I’m considering whether to go with H&R or Techart springs. I’m leaning toward Techart as it seems to give more granular control of height, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Also, I’m curious if anyone here has experienced issues (specially those with FAL) like getting into limp mode when dropping the suspension. I approached a few local installers and one of them voiced concern about doing this for the 992 platform as they had a few hit-or-miss experiences.

My car has regular PASM and FAL, and I plan to add aftermarket wheels later on, but I’m just changing offsets and will stick to 20/21 rims.

Cheers!
im selling mine...was on the car for 1500 miles techart for my 992 turbo s if interested....
Old 02-18-2022, 12:23 AM
anes911
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

Buy mine. I have beans new in box !!!! (Tech art)
Old 02-18-2022, 12:57 AM
wotaskd
Rennlist Member

Thank you both!

Still trying to learn first about any RL experience with those, though. Specially if you have (had in your case anes911 ) FAL on your TTS.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:11 AM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

I have PASM with FAL, and the TechArt Height Adjustable Springs. I have driven about 400 miles after being lowered, and have not experienced any problems. I am surprised how good the ride is while the car handles so well. I even have 21"/22" wheels and have not adjusted the tire pressures of 35 psi fronts and 45 psi rears.

As I mentioned in another thread, the TechArt HAS kit works with both PASM and SPASM equipped cars. If you only have PASM, you actually end up with a SPASM-lite suspension! . The TechArt HAS system comes with helper springs for the rear which are to be installed whether you have PASM or SPASM. I might raise mine a tad after the springs settle.

The following 3 users liked this post by Calbenzo:
AlterZgo (02-23-2022), boosted305 (04-21-2022), wotaskd (02-18-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 11:45 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by wotaskd

Cheers!
The FAL system needs to checked for air after the springs are installed. If the air isn’t pushed out of the system the FAL will not work properly. It’s not a big deal to sort out, but the installer needs to know to do it.

I’m running the Techart springs.

Last edited by riotgear; 02-18-2022 at 11:49 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by riotgear:
AlterZgo (02-23-2022), boredm (04-11-2022), TXGold (01-17-2024), wotaskd (02-18-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 08:44 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Not a TTS but I did the Techart HAS on my wife’s Targa..and it has FAL. My dealer was kind enough to do it when the car was delivered new. The car rides beautifully…really good….throws no fault code - looks great…BUT the only reason we did it was because you couldn’t/ can’t get SPASM on a 992 Targa and I really like the look of a lowered car. My TTS that is on order has been specified with SPASM so I won’t be doing it to that car.

The following users liked this post:
wotaskd (02-21-2022)
Old 04-10-2022, 09:24 PM
bondguy
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You still have springs? if so i'm interested, shoot me a PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 11:25 PM
Pathy
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

If you plan on getting the Techart springs to lower the car, there is no reason to order the SPASM option, right?

And do you basically get all of the same results from the Techart option that you would from ordering the SPASM option? I.e. anything beyond just the lowering, like handling or suspension tuning.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:05 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 486 Posts

My car was factory lowered (SPASM) but lowered it with Techart adj springs, my plan was to wait until the DSC Controller came out to lower my car, but I just couldn't take the 4x4 look. I believe spasm is more then just the lowering, I think it included different helper rear springs that non spasm cars do not have. There is a thread on this
Old 04-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
My car was factory lowered (SPASM) but lowered it with Techart adj springs, my plan was to wait until the DSC Controller came out to lower my car, but I just couldn't take the 4x4 look. I believe spasm is more then just the lowering, I think it included different helper rear springs that non spasm cars do not have. There is a thread on this
I agree with you that even with SPASM, the car still rides too high for my tastes. Hence, I configured my car with just the regular PASM knowing that I would lower the car with the TechArt HAS.

With the TechArt HAS, you utilize their rear helper springs whether you have PASM or SPASM. Hence, I have SPASM-lite on my car. I think the car rides and handles great, even with my 21"/22" wheels.
The following users liked this post:
hcvone (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 03:48 PM
wotaskd
Rennlist Member

Hey @Calbenzo

Just curious, how much did you drop your car? I believe the minimum for the HAS is 15mm, but I was thinking of something more aggressive.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:44 AM
rivma13
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed lowering springs (tech art) on my 992S. The ride is OK, but the clunky noise coming from the front over every single bump is driving me beyond NUTS. I am either going back to stock or buying coilvers but for sure, NEVER, putting springs alone on my car...Most reviews don't speak about this. Do your homework. Most aftermarket springs will make your car clunk all day long...
Old 04-11-2023, 03:01 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by rivma13
I installed lowering springs (tech art) on my 992S. The ride is OK, but the clunky noise coming from the front over every single bump is driving me beyond NUTS. I am either going back to stock or buying coilvers but for sure, NEVER, putting springs alone on my car...Most reviews don't speak about this. Do your homework. Most aftermarket springs will make your car clunk all day long...
This is likely an installation issue and not a hardware issue. I have lowered all of my sports cars myself - M3, CLK, 911, etc and never had clunky noises after lowering springs
Old 04-11-2023, 04:25 PM
rivma13
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
This is likely an installation issue and not a hardware issue. I have lowered all of my sports cars myself - M3, CLK, 911, etc and never had clunky noises after lowering springs
Negative, this is not an installation issue. It was installed at one of most reputable shops in SoCal, they do this for living. Installing springs is not rocket science either. I believe that it is a design issue with this Tech Art sport springs specifically...

Quick Reply: H&R, Techart - any thoughts?