Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   This car is awesome… (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1285372-this-car-is-awesomeo.html)

rk-d 01-15-2022 07:55 PM

This car is awesome…

1 Attachment(s)
I’m at 1200 miles and went for a nice long drive today. It feels like a different car than what I drove off the lot.

The car just has power all over the place now. Just brutal coming off on-ramps.

It also feels like a smaller car. Even though it’s bigger and heavier and AWD - the TTS feels like even more of a sports car than the C2S that it replaced. It’s not just big dumb power - it has real finesse and feel.

I swear this car breaks in. I’m not sure what happens - maybe there is break in programming after all. I remember posts by one member on here complaining the car was slow when he first bought it. Patience is needed. The break in with this car seems really pronounced.

For people on the list or waiting for their build — it’s worth it. Porsche did so much right on this one. It’s awfully close to perfect.

Attachment 1338186

911dude41 01-15-2022 07:57 PM

Color is stunning. Enjoy in good health! The 992 TTS is an absolute monster.

Steve 96C4S 01-15-2022 08:20 PM

Agreed, finally got to drive mine today for the first time ever. It's ridiculous, and I was only doing errands around town.

Pad Bender 01-15-2022 08:41 PM

Glad tats a different impression than you had when you first drove one on the porsche corporate track...seemed to recall it felt underpowered.

GoBlue! 01-15-2022 08:46 PM

Congrats. I scrolled down your post to the picture and that color simply stopped my breath.

rk-d 01-15-2022 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pad Bender (Post 17908173)
Glad tats a different impression than you had when you first drove one on the porsche corporate track...seemed to recall it felt underpowered.

Yep - very much so. That’s partly why I wanted to post this - to give a longer term impression.

This car is properly fast. It’s more visceral than the C2S, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Domer911 01-15-2022 09:11 PM

@rk-d I really love the color of your car!

HappyHades 01-15-2022 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by rk-d (Post 17908093)
I’m at 1200 miles and went for a nice long drive today. It feels like a different car than what I drove off the lot.

The car just has power all over the place now. Just brutal coming off on-ramps.

It also feels like a smaller car. Even though it’s bigger and heavier and AWD - the TTS feels like even more of a sports car than the C2S that it replaced. It’s not just big dumb power - it has real finesse and feel.

I swear this car breaks in. I’m not sure what happens - maybe there is break in programming after all. I remember posts by one member on here complaining the car was slow when he first bought it. Patience is needed. The break in with this car seems really pronounced.

For people on the list or waiting for their build — it’s worth it. Porsche did so much right on this one. It’s awfully close to perfect.

https://i.imgur.com/ZP2L0NJ.jpg

Thanks for the awesome post. needed that boost as while waiting for the call. cheers.

wotaskd 01-15-2022 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by GoBlue! (Post 17908183)
Congrats. I scrolled down your post to the picture and that color simply stopped my breath.

Same here. This is a stunner, amazing choice of color. Congrats!

feron315 01-15-2022 10:53 PM

Rk-d, what mod have you done with the car so far?

rk-d 01-15-2022 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by feron315 (Post 17908406)
Rk-d, what mod have you done with the car so far?

Right now just coilovers. I thought about an exhaust before I took delivery, but honestly the PSE sounds pretty good stock.

I have a set of HRE P101SC in frozen polished dark clear coming in, but COVID delays have dragged out delivery.

vcp13 01-15-2022 11:42 PM

I only have 600 miles but I agree it is fantastic.

much more emotive than expected
sound is just fantastic
the boost is fun and the torque makes ripping around at legal speeds more fun than a high revving engine
Thrilled with mine

However i can’t completely comment on handing yet because I’ve only driven on winters

i am trying to figure out in my mind what the sport classic is going to be like. When you step on it, the tts, it’s engine, the pdk… everything just explodes and it happens so fast. I can’t shift that fast, not even close

(ps please message me if you ever decide to sell the oak green car, which I suspect you won’t)

rk-d 01-16-2022 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by vcp13 (Post 17908470)
I only have 600 miles but I agree it is fantastic.

much more emotive than expected
sound is just fantastic
the boost is fun and the torque makes ripping around at legal speeds more fun than a high revving engine
Thrilled with mine

However i can’t completely comment on handing yet because I’ve only driven on winters

i am trying to figure out in my mind what the sport classic is going to be like. When you step on it, the tts, it’s engine, the pdk… everything just explodes and it happens so fast. I can’t shift that fast, not even close

(ps please message me if you ever decide to sell the oak green car, which I suspect you won’t)

Yeah, if they make the Sport Classic with a full blown 3.8TT/S engine - I have no idea how that would feel, especially RWD. I’ve never driven a manual car with this much torque. Managing tire and clutch slip would be tricky. I think PDK/AWD is a natural fit for this car.

ONEOFNONE 01-16-2022 12:44 AM

Nice ride rk-d! Mine is in currently getting PPF. Should be done next week. I haven't had a chance to drive her yet and I can't wait. Be safe and Enjoy:thumbup:

AtTheGlen 01-16-2022 12:48 AM

Your Car Looks Fantastic and Thanks for the Update

I want to join the chorus of people saying how terrific your car looks: great color, great spec.

With everything going on with the move from VA to CA, I'm still early in the break-in period on my '21 TTS, but I am totally amazed by what a complete sports car this is. Thanks for your comments about the car coming alive. The Normal mode feels as if it is geared for economy so it's exciting to know that performance might improve with more miles because it's feeling really good already! I typically drive in manual mode, so at least I can protect the car from lugging during break-in when in Normal mode.

In another post, I mentioned that I had to get the mileage on our TTS to a few hundred miles before it could be smog tested as required for cars coming into the state. On two tries, the techs didn't even write up a ticket. They plugged in the OBD reader and said: It's not ready. It hasn't reset. Go put some miles on it. So, I did a couple Porsche drive cycles that I found on Google which cleared the codes and it passed. I wonder if this engine reset after a few hundred miles of variable driving is a fuel richness or ignition setting thing that helps the break-in process, and once the reset occurs, the car's performance opens up.