Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   This car is awesome… (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1285372-this-car-is-awesomeo.html)

MaxLTV 01-16-2022 11:35 PM

Looks awesome!!! And now I cannot wait for mine to be delivered - should be here tomorrow, but then PPF and ceramic coating before I subject it to the Canadian winter.

criss 01-17-2022 06:37 PM

@rk-d
i love the power in conjunction with the pdk and AWD, i think the Sport Classic with the TTS engine is more critical to drive, and porsche will definitely do it well. what is your new delivery forecast for your HRE‘s ?

rk-d 01-17-2022 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by crazyrob (Post 17909339)
I am super happy to hear all of the glowing reviews on performance. Coming from two Caymans my biggest complaint (obviously) was the fact that in the past they tended to cut back on the HP these cars could utilize. I wanted more power, but was nervous about losing the feel of a sports car. With all of the comments on how they have made the current TTS feel less numb and moved it closer to a GT-3...and the massive power gains...and the looks...this thing really is an instant classic.

Furthermore is this not going to be the last true turbo? I would think the next variant is going to be a hybrid on the route to full electric.

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013 (Post 17909410)
The stock car is awesome. After headers, sports cats, exhaust, intercooler, plenum, and supersprint accelerator remap...it's insane. And I still need to get it tuned... More is always better, and Porsche's have so much more to give.

Originally Posted by criss (Post 17912390)
@rk-d
i love the power in conjunction with the pdk and AWD, i think the Sport Classic with the TTS engine is more critical to drive, and porsche will definitely do it well. what is your new delivery forecast for your HRE‘s ?

I have no doubt Porsche will do it right. They rarely screw up 911s.

I'm waiting to hear from HRE about delivery date. They keep pushing it back. Par for course these days, unfortunately.

criss 01-17-2022 06:48 PM

too bad, the rims shouldn't be so badly affected by the semiconductor problem

Pad Bender 01-18-2022 12:23 AM

I was wondering about your HREs...

I have a set of Vossen 3-peice on order since Dec...18-20 weeks for them. Nuts.

rk-d 01-18-2022 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by criss (Post 17912420)

Originally Posted by Pad Bender (Post 17913133)
I was wondering about your HREs...

I have a set of Vossen 3-peice on order since Dec...18-20 weeks for them. Nuts.

Yeah, it’s been 6 months so far. The wheels have been stuck in finishing. I went with frozen polished dark clear and I think that finish might be more labor intensive. I do think it’s a labor problem more than anything. That and I’m sure their demand has gone up.

criss 01-18-2022 03:13 AM

Yes, I also think that the demand has increased significantly, Crazy times

@Pat Bender:
which vossen did you order, s21? and in which color combination

messiry 01-18-2022 04:26 AM

@rk-d your Car looks really stunning,, enjoy it in health. The 992 GT3 has a programmed break-in mode that clears after 1500km, I have seen it. every time you rev the engine, the cluster displays a warning,, may be the TTS has the same but without warnings in the dash.

Pad Bender 01-18-2022 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by criss (Post 17913278)
Yes, I also think that the demand has increased significantly, Crazy times

@Pat Bender:
which vossen did you order, s21? and in which color combination

Hey criss...Vossen Evo 2R Satin black centre and innner barrel and Light smoke (brushed) outer barrel /lip. 20x9.5 et40 and 21x12 et 62 going on MPS4s 265/325.

It must be labour shortages and demand. Sport car industry is popping!

criss 01-18-2022 10:38 AM

hey pat
those are also very nice rims, with these tires a very good combination
the et looks good too
i have the same stock wheels as you on my tts but i didn't really like all the oem rims available
I have grown 7mm spacers that it looks good

WheelsB 01-18-2022 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by criss (Post 17912420)

The large majority of the world's aluminum is mined/made outside of North America. The aluminum forgings needed to manufacture custom forged wheels are transported through sea freight. The pandemic has caused a huge backlog of container ships sitting offshore just waiting for their turn at port. This is just one reason for lead build times on custom wheels being longer than usual. Another reason is the absence of a lot of the workforce. I know that HRE is currently down to 1 person at multiple stations trying to curb the spread of COVID-19 within their employees. The good news is that these long lead times are not here to stay. Eventually we will all get passed this and things will return back to normal.

criss 01-18-2022 11:21 AM

Yes, unfortunately, one always forgets that the pandemic also triggered a shortage of materials and, as you write, the staff have to work with distance rules
that doesn't make things any easier at the moment