Chalk interior with GT Silver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 11:00 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Chalk interior with GT Silver?

While my lock date has been pushed a couple of weeks, it's coming up soon.

I've settled on GT Silver for the exterior.

My plan was to go with the Exclusive interior in Black and Cohiba, which was supposed to become available in September. Now the configurator says "by year end." So I need a backup plan. All 3 of my silver Porsches (2 current) had/have black interiors and I want to do something different and a bit special, especially being here in the TX sun.

Thoughts on the GT Silver with the Exclusive interior in Black and Chalk? At first I thought it would be ugly, but it's growing on me, and even thinking about the Paldao inlays. I'm going for the GT/luxury car vibe, as it will replace my stellar but boring S560 as a good weather DD.

I like the Truffle but its just too much brown I think. Black/Bordeaux was the other thought. My last car with a red interior was an 82 Rabbit LS (velour no less)...I'm a little apprehensive about how long I'll like it.

Last edited by milrad; 10-05-2021 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:43 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 331 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm not too keen on the black/chalk on GT Silver. I just think the chalk would look just a little odd as a contrast to it. My ideas only....

Graphite Blue with GT Silver Stitching and Silver/Grey Belts

Black/Bordeaux is always good with either silver.

Truffle with GT Silver Stitching and Silver/Grey Belts - I saw a 992 Carrera with this combo and it looked extremely nice. One of those you would dismiss in theory, but in person it is very nice. Do the leather accents
instead of CF or wood and it should look very rich (you could do wood here also though) Think I mentioned this one before.

Solid Agave Green with either chalk stitch & belts - but again you can do GT Silver stitching with Silver/Grey belts. Look around the 3:10 mark for a quick look.....

Last edited by Rocket_boy; 10-06-2021 at 12:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve 96C4S (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 12:07 AM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Thanks. That's just how I would do the Truffle-GT Silver stitching and silver belts, with the extended leather. Probably the silver trim though because its a lot of brown...and I dislike the brown plastic.

I have some mental block with blue interiors, even though blue is my favorite color lol. I don't understand it. Probably some childhood trauma

I can't warm up to the green interiors, Iceland or Agave, in pictures. I'd love to see in person, but there is no inventory anywhere.

I've wanted black/bordeaux for years, on a white car, but I seem to chicken out.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:21 AM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

If you do really like something with chalk - here is another members Targa - with Slate Grey/Chalk - Slate seat centers - I do like the Slate/Chalk better than the Black/Chalk Combo. Does look pretty sweet (better than I thought in my head)...

OMTarga4S (07-10-2024)
Old 10-06-2021, 01:15 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Or you could do an all black interior with red deviated stitching for some pizzazz and even add red tach and sport chrono in red for additional red ...(and/or red seatbelts).

I plan to do a GT Silver car with a black interior and GT silver deviated stitching & the Porsche Design Subsecond Clock. Boring to most, but that's the look I'm going for. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNB3YAS7

Old 10-06-2021, 01:37 AM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

I think we share a similar aesthetic. Business on the outside, party on the inside. Behind tinted windows of course lol. I’m struggling even with the yellow calipers…I want the front row valet car no one notices lol. Stupid, but…

I remember your awesome 993. I’ve hung on to mine. Best $49k car I ever bought lol. I kinda have a hunch this 992 TTS will be similar in 30 years when everything has long since gone electric. Not that it matters, I’ll be 80 at that point. But I’ll stack my last IC-engined 992 next to my last air-cooled 993 and admire them from my golf cart with a cocktail and talk about the good old days when you even had to use both arms and both legs to drive. Get off my lawn!

In the meantime, my ne plus ultra TTS needs to be a little different then everybody else’s quarter-mil ***-engined **** slot-car. But not too showy lol. Oh the contradictions.

Last edited by milrad; 10-06-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Steve 96C4S (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 02:08 AM
inverterman
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 189 Posts

Go with the Chalk interior two tone. Bespoke. Love it with the GT Silver!
Old 12-02-2021, 05:40 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,454 Likes on 520 Posts

A little late to this, but here's that color combo in a 718, from the LA auto show a few years ago. Not something I would have considered but it does look very....?elegant? Sophisticated maybe. I like it.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:27 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

My lock date has passed, and I went with the Chalk in the Exclusive package. I tried pairing it with the Paldao wood and actually quite liked it. Kind of a clean Scandanavian vibe. Probably not going to see another. I guess it's a quarter-million dollar gamble that I will like it lol. From the configurator:

DES GTS (12-02-2021)
Old 12-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by milrad
My lock date has passed, and I went with the Chalk in the Exclusive package. I tried pairing it with the Paldao wood and actually quite liked it. Kind of a clean Scandanavian vibe. Probably not going to see another. I guess it's a quarter-million dollar gamble that I will like it lol. From the configurator:
Think it looks great - different and original.
milrad (12-08-2021)
Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM
PunsGalore
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milrad

I made an account here just to ask for pics of that interior! Trying to decide between GT Silver with Red interior, or SMB with the exact interior you have.
Old Today, 09:05 AM
elvisdoc
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I would vote for the Slate Grey/Chalk with the GT silver exterior. I think it would work really well with GT Silver stitching. I really like it in my TTS as I wanted something cooler here in Florida than the black seats I had on my GTS. The pics look whiter than it really is, it's more light grey with darker grey dash. Next time would skip the carbon fiber seat backs as you never see them.

Last edited by elvisdoc; Today at 09:08 AM.
Old Today, 07:49 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PunsGalore
I made an account here just to ask for pics of that interior! Trying to decide between GT Silver with Red interior, or SMB with the exact interior you have.
It really was excellent in person, even better than the pictures. I ended up selling the car eventually, for other reasons, but the interior was beautiful.

Quick Reply: Chalk interior with GT Silver?