Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

New Member - 992TS on the horizon

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 07:05 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Just out of curiosity, anyone know why there is no option to have the brake pads painted in red? Yellow or black seems to be it. Was used to red on my Cayman S.
PCCBs have always been yellow. Black is a recent thing to avoid color clashing. Big Reds are steel.

That’s just the way it is. PCCBs should not be red. It’s blasphemy.
The following users liked this post:
crazyrob (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 11:08 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Just out of curiosity, anyone know why there is no option to have the brake pads painted in red? Yellow or black seems to be it. Was used to red on my Cayman S.
I don’t think you would want your BRAKE PADS PAINTED RED. LOL
crazyrob (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 02:40 PM
RoundelDefector
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love the GT Silver

My 992 TTS is on the Glovis Companion I just found out. Really exciting the waiting has been hard but it's starting to get real now. I also love the GT Silver. For my first Porsche I wanted to go with what, to me at least, was a more classic build.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKXQYW7

Tick..tock...tick...tock....
crazyrob (03-14-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 07:22 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by RoundelDefector
My 992 TTS is on the Glovis Companion I just found out. Really exciting the waiting has been hard but it's starting to get real now. I also love the GT Silver. For my first Porsche I wanted to go with what, to me at least, was a more classic build.

You can actually watch them offload the cars at the port in Benicia from a distance. Bring your binoculars and go to the Benicia clock tower.
Old 03-14-2021, 01:52 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RoundelDefector

I’m going for something very similar. The matte black options keep skyrocketing my build lol. Good luck on the waiting!!
Old 03-14-2021, 01:54 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Originally Posted by rk-d
PCCBs have always been yellow. Black is a recent thing to avoid color clashing. Big Reds are steel.

That’s just the way it is. PCCBs should not be red. It’s blasphemy.
Blasphemy lol I love it.

I agree the yellow does signify PCCB versus steel. But my interior deviations are so hard to match with yellow. Back to the drawing board.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Sausage416
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 168 Posts

I think painting the callipers in carmine red would look great.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sausage416:
crazyrob (03-26-2021), Pad Bender (03-26-2021)
Old 03-14-2021, 08:25 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Sausage416
I think painting the callipers in carmine red would look great.
I would have preferred Carine or Burgundy rather than Guards red on my TT brake calipers. The orange hues just done work with bordeaux interior.
crazyrob (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 08:29 PM
crazyrob
Racer

I think I have my exterior nailed. Having trouble really deciding on the interior. Anyone have real-world pics of the Exclusive Manafactur Black/Slate Grey package? Is it worth it in your opinion if you went this route?

I would almost love to go basic black with the deviated red stitching package maybe even deviated seat centers, but them damn yellow PCCB's keep throwing me off on that. Do not want yellow stitching. So I was curious about the other options. Heated/cooled seats a must. Could go high gloss black on the brakes but I like the yellow. I know how some feel about the yellow and not doing red...I don't even see red as an option so knowing Porsche it will be like a $2k option lol.

By the way the Exterior I am still working with is GT Silver with high gloss shiny stuff all over. :P

Last edited by crazyrob; 03-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:02 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

I think I have my exterior nailed. Having trouble really deciding on the interior. Anyone have real-world pics of the Exclusive Manafactur Black/Slate Grey package? Is it worth it in your opinion if you went this route?

I would almost love to go basic black with the deviated red stitching package maybe even deviated seat centers, but them damn yellow PCCB's keep throwing me off on that. Do not want yellow stitching. So I was curious about the other options. Heated/cooled seats a must. Could go high gloss black on the brakes but I like the yellow. I know with how some feel about the yellow and not doing red...I don't even see red as an option so knowing Porsche it will be like a $2k option lol.

By the way the Exterior I am still working with is GT Silver with high gloss shiny stuff all over. :P
The truffle club leather with GT silver stitching looks phenomenal with the GT Silver exterior. One of my favorite combos.
crazyrob (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 03:18 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Originally Posted by redyps
The truffle club leather with GT silver stitching looks phenomenal with the GT Silver exterior. One of my favorite combos.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I am in the club that doesn't like the truffle. I've never seen it in person to be fair.

Here is another (possibly blasphemous) question. I love the hood decal on the GT2RS and would love to break up the silver hood when I wrap it. I love how this would look. Excuse the hasty photoshop.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:04 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I am in the club that doesn't like the truffle. I've never seen it in person to be fair.

Here is another (possibly blasphemous) question. I love the hood decal on the GT2RS and would love to break up the silver hood when I wrap it. I love how this would look. Excuse the hasty photoshop.
Sorry, not a fan. Have you considered a 992 GT3 or waiting for the GT3RS?
Old 03-28-2021, 08:34 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Originally Posted by redyps
Sorry, not a fan. Have you considered a 992 GT3 or waiting for the GT3RS?
While it won't be a daily driver, I prefer the speed with the creature comforts and not an ultra-stiff ride. May track it, probably won't. But I am so in love with the GT2RS...what a beautiful car.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:38 AM
blabus
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Blasphemy lol I love it.

I agree the yellow does signify PCCB versus steel. But my interior deviations are so hard to match with yellow. Back to the drawing board.
Don't pay any attention to that nonsense, it's the exact sort of thing that gives so many Porsche owners a bad rap. Paint the calipers whichever color suits your taste and the rest of the car's build.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:44 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

Spec it and paint it how you like...I have seen plenty of "blasphemous" combos out there, but red calipers would not be one of them. Carmine looks damn good.

Quick Reply: New Member - 992TS on the horizon