Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Taycan 4S vs 992 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 03:47 AM
SeanWRT
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The sensation you get from the electrical car is accurate. The instant AND maximum torque overwhelms.

The 911 turbo of this day is by no means laggy but it simply indeed gets overshadowed by electric power under power-on/off day to day condition.

I'm looking forward to mild hybrid implementation onto the 911.
The following users liked this post:
sexfiend (03-11-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 08:05 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanWRT
The sensation you get from the electrical car is accurate. The instant AND maximum torque overwhelms.

The 911 turbo of this day is by no means laggy but it simply indeed gets overshadowed by electric power under power-on/off day to day condition.

I'm looking forward to mild hybrid implementation onto the 911.
Taycans are cool cars, but for some reason they don't feel as fast as they look on paper. I drove a Taycan Turbo S and the quietness really mutes the drama. It doesn't feel as fast because of that.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:55 AM
RCorsa
Pro

Received 438 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Congrats on the two new Pcars OP! If I'm not mistaken, I think I read a bunch of your old 488 threads over on Fchat while I was ordering mine awhile ago seeing your profile pic. Fully converted to Porsche?
Thanks-I’m pretty happy with the combo thus far. Yep that’s me on Fchat as well. For now it’s Porsche for me but that may change back in the future. I will say the Ferrari v8 line is pretty amazing and Ferrari visually and emotionally are spectacular. I actually had a Pista on order about 18 months ago but cancelled it and I’m just not as interested in the f8. We will see what they come out with next and whether it pulls me back.

Quick Reply: Taycan 4S vs 992 Turbo S