Question for CAB folks that race

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 05:09 PM
BIGJ
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 70 Posts
Question Question for CAB folks that race

First time poster, long time lurker!

Looking at picking up a Turbo S Cabriolet. I am a frequent drag racer and was curious about what people are doing for a roll bar?
I know most tracks require convertibles that are quicker than 13.99 to have a roll bar.
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:38 PM
coastal
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

With the roll bars that shoot out, I think you’ll be fine?

https://www.trackjunkies.ca/approved-convertible-list/

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_fi...png?1522699872

Old 02-12-2021, 12:13 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 449 Likes on 293 Posts

I have run my 2015 on the track at Atco New Jersey a few times. I pass the safety inspection but when my car exceeded a certain speed, I was told I was not allowed to run. They did not force me to leave the track but I felt that I was not allowed to be there. My gut is that some tracks will require you to have a roll bar and I am not sure what is out there to fit in your car. Not to mention putting it in may be invasive. If you really want to go to the track you probably should have gotten a coup. That said you can always try a day at the track and see if they shut you down. There’s nothing like experiencing the top down on a beautiful day.
I should also say that most road course tracks will also give you a hard time in my experience.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 02-12-2021 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:37 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by neil.schneider
I have run my 2015 on the track at Atco New Jersey a few times. I pass the safety inspection but when my car exceeded a certain speed, I was told I was not allowed to run. They did not force me to leave the track but I felt that I was not allowed to be there. My gut is that some tracks will require you to have a roll bar and I am not sure what is out there to fit in your car. Not to mention putting it in may be invasive. If you really want to go to the track you probably should have gotten a coup. That said you can always try a day at the track and see if they shut you down. There’s nothing like experiencing the top down on a beautiful day.
I should also say that most road course tracks will also give you a hard time in my experience.
For DE days here in CA, most organizers require that a cab have the roof down while on track. Similar to coupes they also require the windows to be down. Years back I ran a Boxster Spyder on track and never had any issues with organizers. I do not plan on tracking my TTS cab. That is a duty for the Senna.

Quick Reply: Question for CAB folks that race