Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

News Flash: TTS hard to come by. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 08:37 AM
ER911S
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts

My dealer has end of Q3 allocations at MRSP. PM me if interested
Old 01-24-2021, 03:30 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Sorcerer 11
I don't think the dealer always knows whats going on to be fair. Mine was originally....when ordered back around March 2020 supposed to be coming around January 2021, which was fine and I was going to have it in March 2021 for new reg.
Then it was pulled forward somewhat to arriving in November 2020, which was again fine with me and showing a build date in October and delivery to dealer 13th November.
I actually took delivery of it in October as it turned up at the dealers without them knowing anything about it and still showing on their system as November 13th delivery.

Thanks for the reply. Assume you’re from the UK also?
It’s amazing that in some locations (not the UK obviously) customers are kept informed at all times and even have tools to track their orders.

Old 01-25-2021, 04:42 AM
Joan Alcover
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna01
It’s amazing that in some locations (not the UK obviously) customers are kept informed at all times and even have tools to track their orders.
If you have a Porsche ID, you have direct permanent access to all the information on the car you ordered and you get a personal message when it rolls off the assembly line. In my case, I got the info before the dealer!

Last edited by Joan Alcover; 01-26-2021 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:33 PM
Sorcerer 11
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna01
Yes I am. Porsche UK told me the 'Track your dream' feature known as 'Behind the scenes' in UK was only available at three dealers here, so they were the only ones that could get the photo's of the car during the build process.
I found this out after two previous conversation with them and being told I would get the photo's, so I was a little disappointed!
I think you are also on the UK forum for Porsche?
Old 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM
Tumbleweed
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes I am. Porsche UK told me the 'Track your dream' feature known as 'Behind the scenes' in UK was only available at three dealers here, so they were the only ones that could get the photo's of the car during the build process.
I found this out after two previous conversation with them and being told I would get the photo's, so I was a little disappointed!
I think you are also on the UK forum for Porsche?
I thought Track My Dream was available to all 911 buyers. Porsche eventually would like to expand it to other cars. Your dealer has nothing to do with TMD other than submitting customer's email addresses to Porsche. Only some buyers will receive photos of their cars. It seems to be random on which cars are selected for photos. But TMD should be available to all new 911 buyers. Don't call your dealer but go directly to Porsche for help. It was slow but eventually I received the email from Porsche.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:45 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
I thought Track My Dream was available to all 911 buyers. Porsche eventually would like to expand it to other cars. Your dealer has nothing to do with TMD other than submitting customer's email addresses to Porsche. Only some buyers will receive photos of their cars. It seems to be random on which cars are selected for photos. But TMD should be available to all new 911 buyers. Don't call your dealer but go directly to Porsche for help. It was slow but eventually I received the email from Porsche.
According to Porsche Canada, at present Track My Dream is not available to its new 992 clients.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:18 PM
Sorcerer 11
Racer

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
As I said, PORSCHE UK told me it was only available at three UK dealers, but they did say they were hoping to roll it out to more.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:40 PM
drgek
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
You need to move on from that dealer. They had allocations but you were down the list.
Originally Posted by rk-d
My thoughts as well. He got bumped. Probably several times over.
Believe me, that thought has not escaped my consideration either. Between there and their sister Audi dealership I've purchased over a dozen cars. Even bought my wife a new Macan S since putting down that deposit. My patience is wearing thin, although watching the snow fly today makes me realize I don't need to be in a hurry.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:45 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 364 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
Believe me, that thought has not escaped my consideration either. Between there and their sister Audi dealership I've purchased over a dozen cars. Even bought my wife a new Macan S since putting down that deposit. My patience is wearing thin, although watching the snow fly today makes me realize I don't need to be in a hurry.
Spring is less than 60 days away.....mine took 5mos....i think they've stepped up their game, but a friend isn't able to find an allocation anywhere (coupe or cab)
Old 01-26-2021, 05:14 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by RD16RR
Spring is less than 60 days away.....mine took 5mos....i think they've stepped up their game, but a friend isn't able to find an allocation anywhere (coupe or cab)
I concur with RD, my favorite SA just confirmed allocations are very hard to come by.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:54 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Allocations over the next month for mid year delivery are probably going to be sparing. Some dealers will get them - no one really knows who. Otherwise, I think fall delivery allocations are the earliest to look forward to. It could be a few months before those are distributed.

I'm hoping to get one of those mid year allocations, but it's hard to know the chances of that happening. I feel like my dealer is fighting for me which is all I can ask. He does feel confident about getting one for Fall. We'll see.

Old 01-27-2021, 03:23 AM
Sorcerer 11
Racer

Allocations over the next month for mid year delivery are probably going to be sparing. Some dealers will get them - no one really knows who. Otherwise, I think fall delivery allocations are the earliest to look forward to. It could be a few months before those are distributed.

I'm hoping to get one of those mid year allocations, but it's hard to know the chances of that happening. I feel like my dealer is fighting for me which is all I can ask. He does feel confident about getting one for Fall. We'll see.
Not to rub it in but I'm so glad I got mine when I did. It must be tough waiting for a car you really want and not even knowing whether or not your dealer will be able to get one.
I see why there are a few 'used' ones around at well over new price too.....perhaps I should sell mine.....nah.
Good luck.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:35 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,515 Likes on 2,830 Posts

Not to rub it in but I'm so glad I got mine when I did. It must be tough waiting for a car you really want and not even knowing whether or not your dealer will be able to get one.
I see why there are a few 'used' ones around at well over new price too.....perhaps I should sell mine.....nah.
Good luck.
I've done this before. The GT4 comes to mind, back in 2016. I am using a 2020 Carrera S as a daily driver and it's not a bad thing to get as much use out of it while I have a guaranteed trade in value.

If this was a limited run GT model or a special edition car, I'd be feeling pretty pessimistic. There is a lot of gloom and doom about allocations, but I'm 100% certain I can get one -- the only question is how soon.

Personally, I'd rather have a configurable allocation than a pre-built car and there is no way I'd ever pay over sticker.

Last edited by rk-d; 01-27-2021 at 05:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Domer911 (02-18-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 10:08 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

I've done this before. The GT4 comes to mind, back in 2016. I am using a 2020 Carrera S as a daily driver and it's not a bad thing to get as much use out of it while I have a guaranteed trade in value.

If this was a limited run GT model or a special edition car, I'd be feeling pretty pessimistic. There is a lot of gloom and doom about allocations, but I'm 100% certain I can get one -- the only question is how soon.

Personally, I'd rather have a configurable allocation than a pre-built car and there is no way I'd ever pay over sticker.
rk -

I usually do the same, but I gotta say there are some dealers that are excellent in spec'ng cars. They know what customers want and what sells. I believe that is whey we see so many black, silver or white cars. I just went back and looked for some of the cars that were out there when I was looking and not willing to wait. Waiting was my fallback position. All those cars are now gone, even the incoming ones that were slated for February.

My SA says that Porsche will not be making as many of these, now knowing how strong the demand is, trying to maintain a level of exclusivity. I believe him. And I think as mentioned on this forum, Porsche would like to prop up the prices in the used car market and avoid huge deprecation. This makes sense to me and most likely will not affect the lesser 992 models.

Last edited by redyps; 01-27-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:38 AM
lucycan
Three Wheelin'

Received 481 Likes on 229 Posts

On the 992 forum a C4S owner tuned his car and said "its basically a Turbo now". Perhaps you can go that route
The following users liked this post:
rewardforsuccess (02-18-2021)

Quick Reply: News Flash: TTS hard to come by. Any ideas?