Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Exterior carbon fiber availability

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 10:38 AM
GTS21
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Exterior carbon fiber availability

For those of us who are carbon fiber junkies, what are our exterior options for the TT/TTS?

Factory wise, I've seen the carbon fiber/high gloss black side mirrors, and they look great. I plan to spec them if the allocation Gods smile on me. But it might be nice to broaden the exterior carbon fiber theme. What other factory (or non factory) options do we have for other exterior pieces (side intakes, rear diffuser area, etc..). The rear diffuser area in particular seems like it's screaming for carbon fiber?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 01-16-2021, 10:46 AM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

A lot.

From Factory - none
From DB Carbon - https://shop.db-carbon-interieur.de/...2/992_turbo__S

I have their CF Side Skirts, and CF Rear Valence; On order is a CF rear wing.
VERY high quality

Last edited by 997usa; 01-16-2021 at 12:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 997usa:
hcvone (01-18-2021), Tumbleweed (01-16-2021)
Old 01-16-2021, 11:34 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS21
For those of us who are carbon fiber junkies, what are our exterior options for the TT/TTS?

Factory wise, I've seen the carbon fiber/high gloss black side mirrors, and they look great. I plan to spec them if the allocation Gods smile on me. But it might be nice to broaden the exterior carbon fiber theme. What other factory (or non factory) options do we have for other exterior pieces (side intakes, rear diffuser area, etc..). The rear diffuser area in particular seems like it's screaming for carbon fiber?

Thanks,

Eric
It's a fine line. I really like the CF mirrors, but would it look weird having only CF mirrors and nothing else on the exterior to tie it in? I'm leaning toward adding it to my spec (whenever I get an allocation) b/c they look so cool.

CF rear valence would be nice, but I'm thinking you'd need the skirts and air intakes and possibly front bumper pieces to tie it together. Where does it stop? At a certain point, you can spec *too* much CF. Personally, I don't like a car that looks "modified". I prefer an OEM+ look.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:08 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
It's a fine line. I really like the CF mirrors, but would it look weird having only CF mirrors and nothing else on the exterior to tie it in? I'm leaning toward adding it to my spec (whenever I get an allocation) b/c they look so cool.

CF rear valence would be nice, but I'm thinking you'd need the skirts and air intakes and possibly front bumper pieces to tie it together. Where does it stop? At a certain point, you can spec *too* much CF. Personally, I don't like a car that looks "modified". I prefer an OEM+ look.
I concur; The mirror caps, side skirts, and the rear valence look good without additional exterior CF.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:11 PM
GTS21
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d

Completely agreed, the carbon fiber rabbit hole is kind of like the high gloss black, where does one stop. Also agreed on the mirrors. Having Just the mirrors and no other carbon to tie in seems odd to me.
Old 01-16-2021, 12:22 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,471 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by 997usa
I concur; The mirror caps, side skirts, and the rear valence look good without additional exterior CF.
I think that's a good combo you've got picked out. Subtle touches around the periphery of the car. Did you get the roof?

Not a huge fan of CF side intakes or front bumper pieces.

Originally Posted by GTS21
Completely agreed, the carbon fiber rabbit hole is kind of like the high gloss black, where does one stop. Also agreed on the mirrors. Having Just the mirrors and no other carbon to tie in seems odd to me.
Yep. I suppose the CF roof and mirrors are expected to be spec'ed together. I like CF roofs in general, but I think I'd rather spend the $4k on other options.

Last edited by rk-d; 01-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Exterior carbon fiber availability