Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could This be the Tire for 992 GT3 RS (trofeo RS)..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 06:30 PM
mthreat
Pro

Received 364 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante
Only did a trackday at Imola last month and I liked them a lot; what I appreciated most is the consistency in lap times through the stints, did 6 runs of 5 fast laps each with laptimes in a very tight range and tyres looked pretty good at the end of the day, with Cup2R’s you can just dream this.
Can you give us any more info on these, especially about how long they last compared to the other GT3 RS OEM tires (Goodyear & Michelin)?
Old 08-28-2024, 06:25 AM
Dante
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
Can you give us any more info on these, especially about how long they last compared to the other GT3 RS OEM tires (Goodyear & Michelin)?
can't say more actually since I didn't track the car anymore since then, anyway I wouldn't compare them with OEM tyres which are not R compound, surely they need to heat up hence I'd rather street tyres like super sport R or pilot sport cup 2 if you don't track the car
Old 08-28-2024, 08:18 PM
mthreat
Pro

Received 364 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Dante
can't say more actually since I didn't track the car anymore since then, anyway I wouldn't compare them with OEM tyres which are not R compound, surely they need to heat up hence I'd rather street tyres like super sport R or pilot sport cup 2 if you don't track the car
Thanks. I do track the car.. I currently get about 2 weekends (4 days) out of a set of Goodyears (at COTA). I'm curious of the Trofeo RS can also last 2 weekends. If so, I may get a set.
Old 08-29-2024, 06:22 AM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I was running on Cup2R last week and got chased by another 3rs on Trofeo RS, I can say the other car was pushing me in some areas, where I was already driving at the limit of my Cup2Rs - about 10 laps old.
Other guys running them, said that the grip level is similar to cup2rs, but the usage window is better.

I will test Trofeo RS in the second half of October, but I am very confident that this might be my new tire of choice. I loved the old Trofeo R as-well.
Old 08-29-2024, 12:43 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 785 Posts

All Sebring:

The other end of the spectrum we have the 240 threadwear MPSC2 NO that last easily 8 days on track, double the previous MPSC2N2 on the 991.2RS..
Previous tire wouldn't make it through day 4 without chinking or cording, and also last 3 seconds on the last sessions..

I've done 7 days and the last 3 days they get slower and slower, I think they have lost about 3 seconds per lap. They have another day in them.
Nice to drive home on tires that aren't destroyed and you have the luxury of tossing them whenever you want to go fast again for a weekend, then use them up going a little slower.

And a 992 does the same lap times on 4 day old tires as a 991RS did on fresh tires so its all relative.

Sounds like this R compound stuff is just like slicks, slower after 8 heat cycles (Not Ring, real tire and brake ruining tracks).
I wonder which of these R compound tires just get slow after 2 days but are still usable for another slower weekend and drive home.
I hate parking the car before the track day is over because cording or chunking, not happening anymore, so a real luxury, but maybe similar exists in the R?
Old 08-30-2024, 09:55 AM
Ozy190
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
All Sebring:

The other end of the spectrum we have the 240 threadwear MPSC2 NO that last easily 8 days on track, double the previous MPSC2N2 on the 991.2RS..
Previous tire wouldn't make it through day 4 without chinking or cording, and also last 3 seconds on the last sessions..

I've done 7 days and the last 3 days they get slower and slower, I think they have lost about 3 seconds per lap. They have another day in them.
Nice to drive home on tires that aren't destroyed and you have the luxury of tossing them whenever you want to go fast again for a weekend, then use them up going a little slower.

And a 992 does the same lap times on 4 day old tires as a 991RS did on fresh tires so its all relative.

Sounds like this R compound stuff is just like slicks, slower after 8 heat cycles (Not Ring, real tire and brake ruining tracks).
I wonder which of these R compound tires just get slow after 2 days but are still usable for another slower weekend and drive home.
I hate parking the car before the track day is over because cording or chunking, not happening anymore, so a real luxury, but maybe similar exists in the R?
This is feedback on your Trofeo RS?
So is the read that they do well for at least 5 track days?
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
MM-Racing
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know the wide of trofeo rs tires: 275/35/20 and 335/30/21 and cup2r 265/35/20 and 325/30/21? and do trofeos rs fit to 991gt3rs?

Quick Reply: Could This be the Tire for 992 GT3 RS (trofeo RS)..