Sponsored by:

600LT Spider Vs Huracan STO

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 11:18 AM
Tex587
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
the only GT3s that might be $300k are low mileage, PTS, tourings with a bunch of special options. Everything else is $250-$280. Sure, speccing it is not an option but neither is with the STO or McLaren. Have you driven each car?
That's what I'm looking at, PTS, 2023 winged cars. With the STO and 600lt there was never as extensive of option lists with those cars so getting exactly what i want wasn't as big of a deal to me. However the STO has a lot of "clownish" specs (to me) that are the majority for sale.

I have driven both a 992 gt3 and 600lt. Never an STO but have had some Huracan experience years back. I gravitate towards the 600lt experience but its the Porsche/lambo reliability that makes me second guess.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:38 AM
Falcon01
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

This is actually a very interesting question and I have similar cars on my list for next year - except I will have a GT3 that I am keeping as a track and spirited driving car with CCB and LWBS and am looking for a convertible that's more of a cruiser/GT-ish car, but with character. Similar to how a 911S Cab would be. Somewhat practical and comfortable, but also exotic and fast.

I have my list narrowed down to:
  • C8 Corvette
  • 458/488 Spider
  • 570 Spyder
  • R8 Spider
  • Huracan Spider
  • Maybe some sort of Aston Martin?
My list is also a bit over the place from a value perspective. I like cars that don't depreciate that much, so that's definitely a factor in my search. And although I might be able to spend $200k, I can't help but think picking up a C8 or even C8 Z06 would be a good way to save $100k for a very similar experience. I'm also a bit scared of out of warranty Mclarens, but am ok with high annual maintenance costs (let's say up to $5k/yr on average, although lower is obviously better.), but don't want to be stuck on the side of the road.

Quick Reply: 600LT Spider Vs Huracan STO