Sponsored by:

Battery tracker

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 11:22 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 202 Posts
Default Battery tracker

Any one using a battery tracker like the Antigravity AG-BTR-1? My car may need to sit a bit this summer without electricity and thinking this will let me keep an eye on parasitic drain?
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM
chris956
8th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have fitted the C-Tek comfort eyelet and it pokes out through the scuttle by the windscreen wipers so a quick glance is all it takes to see if it's still all good. Worth a look if you have a CTek charger anyway
Amazon Amazon
The following 3 users liked this post by chris956:
Diablo Dude (04-23-2024), Orca911 (04-23-2024), wageslave (04-22-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 12:19 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Originally Posted by Orca911
Any one using a battery tracker like the Antigravity AG-BTR-1? My car may need to sit a bit this summer without electricity and thinking this will let me keep an eye on parasitic drain?
Yes it absolutely will do that Orca. It operates of Bluetooth so if you are within about 30 ft of the Car you can see the live voltage and download the data from the previous 30 days... so you can see how fast the voltage is going down when sitting based on the History Graphic area.

We also just came out with a NEW Battery Tracker that offers the ability to check 4 vehicle at one time and has several other new features. Like downloadable data, 72 days of history, tracking of Voltage but also Temp, State of Charge, and quite a few other things... cranking Test and Alternator test.
You can actually search on Rennlist and bit and find what others say... the opinion are always very positive about the Trackers. Its quite useful, if your the type of person who like that type of stuff and ease of tracking your battery. I can also work as a type of multi meter since you have live voltage on the App over the course of a 5 minute span and are testing the effects of adding an accessory or the voltage drop when your interior lighting is on and other data like that.

Here's the link to the new one... and the old one is also still available. https://antigravitybatteries.com/pro...tooth-tracker/
Old 04-23-2024, 12:26 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,131 Likes on 1,197 Posts

The drain is so big that I would suggest simply purchasing a CTEK (56-926) charger for $130 on Amazon and calling it a day.

As the previous poster Chris suggested, you should hook it up with the CTEK Comfort Connect Extension Cable (56-304) and you can use the Comfort Connect M6 Eyelet with fuse and indicator (56-629) to hardwire directly to the battery terminals. Very simple DIY and clean.

Amazon.com: CTEK 56-926 LITHIUM US | Fully Automatic Lithium Ion Phosphate LiFePO4 Battery Charger | 5.0Ah - 60Ah | Maintenance Charging up to 120Ah : Automotive Amazon.com: CTEK 56-926 LITHIUM US | Fully Automatic Lithium Ion Phosphate LiFePO4 Battery Charger | 5.0Ah - 60Ah | Maintenance Charging up to 120Ah : Automotive

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 04-23-2024 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:32 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Hey thanks. So if I have two cars sounds like I want to use this newer version?
I just ordered the old one so maybe I'll return it and double down?
Two discrete use cases:
1. On GT3 the car may be sitting in an un-powered garage for weeks at a time. Understand I cannot do it fully remotely, but at least i could swing by the storage location and give it a check for piece of mind (or pull it and charge it if needed). Hopefully with some data I can get piece of mind around how long I can ignore the car.
2. On a Cayenne it would be more piece of mind that 5 days at an airport in 0 degree weather was not putting me at risk. Probably not necessary but .... i kind of like data and gadgets.

I thought about the CTEK (its what I am using) but my issue with that is its not going to give me enough data to know if its draining and when and why.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:37 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
The drain is so big that I would suggest simply purchasing a CTEK (56-926) charger for $130 on Amazon and calling it a day.
As the previous poster Chris suggested, you should hook it up with the CTEK Comfort Connect Extension Cable (56-304) and you can use the Comfort Connect M6 Eyelet with fuse and indicator (56-629) to hardwire directly to the battery terminals. Very simple DIY and clean.
Thanks! good advice - I do run a CTEK. But my problem is that the car may have to be in a place with no access to electricity. I am trying to figure out how long can I leave it...3 days, 2 weeks, a month. I endeavor to be driving it weekly....but....
On my incoming daily I really don't want to be plugging it in - and I travel a fair bit so its not unusual for it to sit for a week + at a stretch.

I could go buy a VW GTI and a Ford Edge and solve all my problems.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:33 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude

Amazon.com: CTEK 56-926 LITHIUM US | Fully Automatic Lithium Ion Phosphate LiFePO4 Battery Charger | 5.0Ah - 60Ah | Maintenance Charging up to 120Ah : Automotive
Diablo, are you saying the drain from the Battery Tracker is so big? If that is what you are saying that is incorrect. The Battery Tracker has a 1milliamp draw on the battery which is inconsquential to the battery it is attached to in the Car.

Orca explain you might be talking about the Cars drains... anyway just wanted to point out our product does draw down a battery.

Last edited by Antigravity; 04-23-2024 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:44 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Diablo, are you saying the drain from the Battery Tracker is so big?
I think he was saying the drain of the GT3 is so big that it needs to be charged. He is right. I am just going to be off the grid - literally.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:45 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey thanks. So if I have two cars sounds like I want to use this newer version?
I just ordered the old one so maybe I'll return it and double down?
Two discrete use cases:
1. On GT3 the car may be sitting in an un-powered garage for weeks at a time. Understand I cannot do it fully remotely, but at least i could swing by the storage location and give it a check for piece of mind (or pull it and charge it if needed). Hopefully with some data I can get piece of mind around how long I can ignore the car.
2. On a Cayenne it would be more piece of mind that 5 days at an airport in 0 degree weather was not putting me at risk. Probably not necessary but .... i kind of like data and gadgets.

I thought about the CTEK (its what I am using) but my issue with that is its not going to give me enough data to know if its draining and when and why.
If you have two cars the newer version is much better for you... you can see the details of both at once in the app also so it quite easy to analyse up to 4 cars at one time, each different car is color coded and you can name them then quickly review the Cars around you.

Also your idea is correct... meaning a great use for the Tracker is to understand exactly how long your cars can sit before you need to get a charge on them. You get to see it graphically, and go day by day and learn that your car takes 2 weeks or 3 months to loose it energy. I do that exact thing, I have 9 vehicles (Cars, Motorcycles, UTV) and I know my 66 Mustang can sit for 6 months without needing a charge but SUV can only sit about 3 weeks. I learned that from just reviweing the discharge on the history graph of the Battery Tracker for the vehicles when I didn't drive them for a while. Also note you can see the charging profiles in your cars as you are driving and even use the History Graph to see if your Car was ever driven when you were away...or even if Valet drove it and how long sincde the voltage changes and it shows when you turn the car on or off and when you drive. You can also track your drives by this if you ever need to. THe history graph is super useful once you understand how much data it shows.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:48 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

sold!
Old 04-23-2024, 05:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think he was saying the drain of the GT3 is so big that it needs to be charged. He is right. I am just going to be off the grid - literally.
The 992 GT3s have a big drain? Thats a bummer, I had a 991.1 GT3RS for 3 years and on a 40Ah Lithium it was easily like 6 weeks of storage and it would start easily.... and yes I had times where I did unfortunately store it that long, shame on me.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

sold!
Cool and so you know.... if you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products we'll refund you including the shipping for one month, no questions.

Quick Reply: Battery tracker