Sponsored by:

GT3 touring with S/T suspension tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 12:23 PM
Justaroofer
Burning Brakes

Received 474 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
He bypasses 40 minutes of complimentary commentary for a single comment about the steering (amongst many) that feeds his hatred for the car. I say hatred because I've never in my life seen a person go through such exhaustive efforts to put a car down. Thread after thread, post after post, video after video. And it will never stop
Im sorry. I just dont like lipstick on pigs. Its a niche car and AP is right.... its not designed to be a track car hints the slow rack. The vlogger said highs and lows of the car.
Old 04-09-2024, 02:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,349 Likes on 2,776 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Im sorry. I just dont like lipstick on pigs. Its a niche car and AP is right.... its not designed to be a track car hints the slow rack. The vlogger said highs and lows of the car.
To be fair, AP also says it's his favorite GT car.

View this post on Instagram
Old 04-09-2024, 03:01 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 690 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
To be fair, AP also says it's his favorite GT car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvnTL8kI...RlODBiNWFlZA==
The next one will be his favorite as well…
The following users liked this post:
wageslave (04-10-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 03:29 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
The next one will be his favorite as well…
The next one will probably be better too!
dixonk (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 03:29 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 690 Posts

The next one will probably be better too!
Without a doubt.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:38 PM
Justaroofer
Burning Brakes

Received 474 Likes on 294 Posts

I guess I'm not simple minded enough to be sucked into the marketing. When everything is deemed the greatest, nothing is.
Old 04-09-2024, 04:58 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
I guess I'm not simple minded enough to be sucked into the marketing. When everything is deemed the greatest, nothing is.
You are just as simple minded as the rest of us, don't worry.
dixonk (04-09-2024)
Old 04-14-2024, 04:43 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 278 Posts

I'm sorry, but I think it's a little ridiculous to complain about a GT3 being harsh. Sometime I wonder if people really know what a truly harsh suspension feels like.

BMW listened to the peanut gallery and one of their engineers has been on record saying that they overboosted the steering and reduced feedback because customers complained the steering was not isolated enough and hard to park. It's a wonder Porsche hasn't done the same.

The GT3 should be an event and specialized and not for everyone. If anything, route those folks to the Turbo S where they will be honestly happier.
People customize cars to their liking, and have different perceptions on things like NVH. My belief is Porsche could and should have further developed the Touring suspension - and we know they can improve ride quality for the street focused cars, as they have - to make it a 90/10 street/track machine. I like the car a TON as it - I wrote a detailed review - but I will improve aspects of the car including the ride for my experience and my roads when I can. The next generation of GT car PASM tuning will almost certainly have moved on from the 992.1. The handling is amazing and I love the front end - it's just the initial response to sharp bumps like CA freeway junctions that can use better refinement, This does not constitute complaining in my mind - just a desire to improve on a great car which Porsche will surely do with future tuning. I have ~100 track days under my belt and feel to those of you think you're anointed to judge that I am "qualified" to own a GT car and know which car in the Porsche lineup best meets my needs - I've owned a bunch. Enjoy the drive folks, life is short.

Last edited by Chris C.; 04-14-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3 touring with S/T suspension tune